The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

New book reveals Trump's White House, and the news ain't good. Options
Chazlee
Posted: Tuesday, September 4, 2018 2:26:24 PM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 7/24/2016
Posts: 443
Neurons: 4,214
For anyone reading this post who has purchased a Chinese made hat with the slogan "Make America Great Again," please do not get rid of it. It may come in handy in the future when Trump is out of office.

As of this posting, Donald J. Trump has been president for just a bit under 2 years. Sadly, during his relatively brief (seemingly interminable)tenure in office, he has done absolutely nothing to "Make America Great Again." Actually, he has, arguably, done irreparable harm to a great country. So how did this happen? Well, a new book by Bob Woodward, which is due out on Sept. 11, apparently holds some answers. (To avoid any charge that I am promoting Woodward's book, I have not read it yet. My information comes from Trump's favorite "fake" news organization, CNN).

According to the report I read, Trump's staff hid things from him, rather than have him learn about things which would cause him to do something which would endanger the USA. For instance, "Woodward's 448-page book, "Fear: Trump in the White House," shows us a president who is so out of control that his staff would "...swipe and hide papers from his desk so he wouldn't sign them...." The book also apparently reveals "...how senior aides — both current and former Trump administration officials — grew exasperated with the President and increasingly worried about his erratic behavior, ignorance and penchant for lying." Wow!

So all you folks who bought the bright red caps with a lie from the president on it, don't throw them away. You will probably be able to sell them for a nice profit, After all, we will all be wanting and needing to "Make America Great Again" when Trump leaves office. Peace. https://edition.cnn.com/2018/09/04/politics/bob-woodward-book-donald-trump-fear/index.html


“I regret that the press treats me so badly.” Donald Trump.
Wilmar (USA)
Posted: Tuesday, September 4, 2018 3:22:32 PM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 6/4/2015
Posts: 2,368
Neurons: 658,259
Location: Vinton, Iowa, United States
TRUMP 2020!
Wilmar (USA)
Posted: Tuesday, September 4, 2018 3:33:48 PM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 6/4/2015
Posts: 2,368
Neurons: 658,259
Location: Vinton, Iowa, United States
You're basing anything on Woodward and CNN? aHahahahaha! Hahahahahaha!
ozok
Posted: Tuesday, September 4, 2018 4:20:49 PM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 7/24/2018
Posts: 317
Neurons: 1,733


just sayin'
Chazlee
Posted: Tuesday, September 4, 2018 4:21:14 PM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 7/24/2016
Posts: 443
Neurons: 4,214
Wilmar (USA) wrote:
TRUMP 2020!


Are you predicting the year he will be indicted? If yes, well then I look forward to that year as well! Peace.

“I regret that the press treats me so badly.” Donald Trump.
Chazlee
Posted: Tuesday, September 4, 2018 4:26:46 PM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 7/24/2016
Posts: 443
Neurons: 4,214
Wilmar (USA) wrote:
You're basing anything on Woodward and CNN? aHahahahaha! Hahahahahaha!


Yes, I am. BTW, how did you decide on how many times you would need to paste "aHa" in order to show you didn't agree with what I posted? Peace.

“I regret that the press treats me so badly.” Donald Trump.
Pantuflas
Posted: Tuesday, September 4, 2018 8:31:56 PM
Rank: Newbie

Joined: 7/31/2018
Posts: 11
Neurons: 56,180
Location: Douglas, Arizona, United States
I'm old enough to remember when Bob Woodward told us all the truth about Nixon. I trust him. But what will happen because of the book? Washington insiders and thinking people who are not sheep have known for years that The Donald is unfit to be president. And yet there he still is, big as life and twice as ugly. The book will only confirm what most of us already knew, and widen the divide between "Us and Them". My mother, who lived through the Great Depression, WWII, and everything else that has happened since then, says she has never been so afraid for the country as she is now. Making elderly people scared is hardly the way to 'make America great again'.
Chazlee
Posted: Wednesday, September 5, 2018 12:46:14 AM
Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 7/24/2016
Posts: 443
Neurons: 4,214
Pantuflas wrote:
I'm old enough to remember when Bob Woodward told us all the truth about Nixon. I trust him. But what will happen because of the book? Washington insiders and thinking people who are not sheep have known for years that The Donald is unfit to be president. And yet there he still is, big as life and twice as ugly. The book will only confirm what most of us already knew, and widen the divide between "Us and Them". My mother, who lived through the Great Depression, WWII, and everything else that has happened since then, says she has never been so afraid for the country as she is now. Making elderly people scared is hardly the way to 'make America great again'.


While this book does indeed seem to "confirm what most of us already knew," I think you are wrong to assume that nothing will happen when this book is published simply because that has been the situation so far. With more evidence of Trump's inability to govern the country being presented to the public on a continual basis, there will come, I believe, a breaking point in which it is impossible to turn a blind eye to what this president is doing. At that time, those in Washington with the power to do something to stop Trump will step up and finally put the best interest of America above their own desire to not upset Trump's hardcore supporters.

As for your mother being afraid, that shows she is paying attention to what is happening to America, and that she, unlike Trump, loves the country. Yet, I hope you are not suggesting, as you seem to be, that journalists like Woodward should not present to the public information about what is happening in the White House so as to not "scare" our elderly citizens. In reality, all Americans should be afraid of what is happening in Washington right now.

“I regret that the press treats me so badly.” Donald Trump.
Lotje1000
Posted: Wednesday, September 5, 2018 3:24:43 AM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 11/3/2014
Posts: 1,004
Neurons: 531,215
Location: Leuven, Flanders, Belgium
The Washington Post has a tape with a conversation between Trump and Woodward. You gotta love how Trump dances around the fact that he never spoke to Woodward directly, how he's annoyed the book is going to be negative and how he reacts by repeating how much better off the country is (without actually ever mentioning any concrete facts and figures).

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/bob-woodwards-new-book-reveals-a-nervous-breakdown-of-trumps-presidency/2018/09/04/b27a389e-ac60-11e8-a8d7-0f63ab8b1370_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.a4d4e6316717
Pantuflas
Posted: Wednesday, September 5, 2018 4:27:48 PM
Rank: Newbie

Joined: 7/31/2018
Posts: 11
Neurons: 56,180
Location: Douglas, Arizona, United States
Chazlee wrote:
Pantuflas wrote:
I'm old enough to remember when Bob Woodward told us all the truth about Nixon. I trust him. But what will happen because of the book? Washington insiders and thinking people who are not sheep have known for years that The Donald is unfit to be president. And yet there he still is, big as life and twice as ugly. The book will only confirm what most of us already knew, and widen the divide between "Us and Them". My mother, who lived through the Great Depression, WWII, and everything else that has happened since then, says she has never been so afraid for the country as she is now. Making elderly people scared is hardly the way to 'make America great again'.


While this book does indeed seem to "confirm what most of us already knew," I think you are wrong to assume that nothing will happen when this book is published simply because that has been the situation so far. With more evidence of Trump's inability to govern the country being presented to the public on a continual basis, there will come, I believe, a breaking point in which it is impossible to turn a blind eye to what this president is doing. At that time, those in Washington with the power to do something to stop Trump will step up and finally put the best interest of America above their own desire to not upset Trump's hardcore supporters.

As for your mother being afraid, that shows she is paying attention to what is happening to America, and that she, unlike Trump, loves the country. Yet, I hope you are not suggesting, as you seem to be, that journalists like Woodward should not present to the public information about what is happening in the White House so as to not "scare" our elderly citizens. In reality, all Americans should be afraid of what is happening in Washington right now.


No, Chazlee, my intention was not to suggest that journalists should not tell the public the truth about the White House and its rabble. I clearly did not state my thoughts explicitly enough. Trump is responsible for the slogan 'make America great again', but scaring the elderly (and anyone who has a functioning brain) with his foolishness is not the way to do it. My mother is scared of her own country's president and what he is doing to the country, and what he will do before he is gone. That is no way for any citizen who loves their country, if not their leader, to live.

Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2008-2019 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.