The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Trump is Taking Children from Parents Who Are Asylum Seekers Options
BobShilling
Posted: Monday, June 25, 2018 4:36:04 PM

Neurons: 3,101
[quote=FounDit

Noted, and absolutely correct. With the President being compared to Hitler and the holding facilities being compared to Nazi concentration camps, I've now decided that the Progressive Liberals aren't the only ones who can have fun with words. After all, I should be allowed to have some fun, too, right? Fair is fair...
[/quote]

I think it might be fair if you responded to what members of this forum actually wrote rather than what you think/claim they wrote.

I think it might be fair if you attacked arguments rather than people.

I think it might be fair if you stopped lumping together as 'progressive liberals' (or other such blanket labels) all those in this forum who happen to disagree with some points you make.
FounDit
Posted: Tuesday, June 26, 2018 2:23:48 PM

Neurons: 50,203
For proggy, Hope, and Bob: (May I use familiar terms?)

I neither pointed to, not mentioned anyone here on the forum. I referred to Progressive Liberals who impugn the character of the President and his supporters. Therefore, the only people who would take offense would be Progressive Liberals; but if the shoe fits, as they say...

On another interesting note, it was reported yesterday on our local news that some of Lenin's finest "useful idiots" showed up at the border from Hollywood and various other locals around the country, to protest. I always wonder how much is spent on these endeavors. Seems like more benefit would be derived by spending that money on the poor who could use it, but then, we are talking "useful idiots", so that might be asking too much. It was interesting for the first day or so, but now it's becoming rather boring to hear their inanity and stupidity repeated on a daily basis.

On a second interesting note, two of the Administrations employees, Sarah Sanders, Trump's Press Secretary and Kirstjen Nielsen, Homeland Security Secretary, were bullied by the political Left as they tried to eat a meal in two different restaurants.

In a classic case of good taste and manners, the group of Leftists surrounded Ms. Nielson and shouted and chanted loudly until she demurely left.

In the second case of intelligent discourse and modest behavior, the owner of the Red Hen restaurant told Ms. Sanders she wasn't welcome because she works for the President, and was asked to leave, which she did; but not before the owner called some Leftists to also surround her table and should "Shame! at the top of their lungs, even following her to another restaurant to cap off their polite disagreement with the fact she lives on the same planet. "Useful idiots" indeed.

We should look to the past to learn from it, not destroy our future because of it — FounDit
Lotje1000
Posted: Tuesday, June 26, 2018 4:40:16 PM

Neurons: 471,444
FounDit wrote:
I neither pointed to, not mentioned anyone here on the forum. I referred to Progressive Liberals who impugn the character of the President and his supporters. Therefore, the only people who would take offense would be Progressive Liberals; but if the shoe fits, as they say...

A nice attempt at weaseling out of it, but you still use ad hominem attacks, such as this one:

FounDit wrote:
Just as a matter of an intelligent thought (knowing that is an alien concept to the original poster
Hope123
Posted: Tuesday, June 26, 2018 6:29:54 PM

Neurons: 46,920
Lotje1000 wrote:
FounDit wrote:

A nice attempt at weaseling out of it, but you still use ad hominem attacks, such as this one:

FounDit wrote:
Just as a matter of an intelligent thought (knowing that is an alien concept to the original poster

But Lotje, this trying to devalue another is just FD's way of having fun. ". Whistle Whistle Whistle

Elitism is the slur directed at merit by mediocrity. -Sydney J. Harris, journalist (14 Sep 1917-1986)
Hope123
Posted: Tuesday, June 26, 2018 6:49:37 PM

It is sad to watch but America's worst instincts are now being manifested openly by many Leftists and Rightists for the whole world to see and hear. At least before they were just under the radar, but the veneer of civility is quickly being removed by many.

That is understandable when you realize that behaviour and attitude from the top is being mimicked.

But the second half of the Huckabee story purposely neglected by FD is that many Red Hen restaurants were attacked by the Regressive Right. The original restaurant is not even related to any others of the same name.

Other unaffilated restaurants in the US and even a Canadian Red Hen restaurant have had bad reviews of lies posted on rating sites by Trump supporters - those reviews can make or break a restaurant. Not only that, there were death threats to staff, and I don't know which, but one restaurant was egged.

They were encouraged by Bully-Tweeter-in-Chief's lying tweet that the restaurant was dirty.

Fact-challenged Trump Deplorables could not fathom that not all restaurants are chains. One restaurant after trying to explain many times, in despair finally posted the dictionary definition of 'unaffiliated'.

At least one side was trying to save children while the other was uttering death threats. Last week we learned that Trump is caging and torturing children, and the media's top focus one week later is whether liberals protesting it are being too rude. Edited - the Rightists have been gaslighting. And telling journalist Jim Acosta to go home. Of course "lock her up" at rallies is still fine.

But Neither side should be engaging in harassing others.

Yes, peaceful protests. But save the rage for the voting booth.

Elitism is the slur directed at merit by mediocrity. -Sydney J. Harris, journalist (14 Sep 1917-1986)
philips daughter
Posted: Tuesday, June 26, 2018 7:23:26 PM

Neurons: 43,583
Why is Huckabee-Sanders special? The restaurant owner didn’t commit any crime. Since when did civility have anything to do with this administration? Any citizen is free to express their opinion. You can’t make me serve you. If she doesn’t like it she should change jobs.
Hope123
Posted: Tuesday, June 26, 2018 10:09:40 PM

LOL. Just saw this.

Joe Biden was refused service by a bakery in 2012 — and Republicans LOVED it. And Paul Ryan held a rally for the baker.

Rightists have short memories.

progpen
Posted: Tuesday, June 26, 2018 11:09:16 PM

Neurons: 290,006
People cracked jokes about the Prezlenit and Chief (George W. Bush).
People sent death threats to Obama.

People heckled others in a restaurant.
Death threats were sent to restaurant staff.

Seems to be a pattern developing here...

Nolite te bastardes carborundorum
Hope123
Posted: Wednesday, June 27, 2018 8:11:19 AM

Finally some sense.

Judge Sabraw has called Trump’s separation of families “brutal”.

This situation has reached a crisis level."
"This is a startling reality."
"The facts set forth before the Court portray reactive governance--responses to address a chaotic circumstance of the Government’s own making. They belie measured and ordered governance...- Judge Sabraw

https://heavy.com/news/2018/06/dana-sabraw-judge-who-ordered-government-to-reunite-families/

All families ordered to be reunited in 30 days

Children under 5 - reunite them in 14 days.

Sabraw "In a biting decision, wrote that “These allegations sufficiently describe government conduct that arbitrarily tears at the sacred bond between parent and child. The conduct, if true, “is brutal, offensive, and fails to comport with traditional notions of fair play and decency.” Sabraw added that “The government actors responsible for the ‘care and custody’ of migrant children have, in fact, become their persecutors.”

Trump will likely appeal.

Lotje1000
Posted: Wednesday, June 27, 2018 10:57:27 AM

FounDit wrote:

Oh my, those Progressive Liberals you talk about all the time sound awful! Good thing that you don't have to encounter any of them on this forum. Must be quite a relief.
progpen
Posted: Wednesday, June 27, 2018 1:47:45 PM

Lotje1000 wrote:
FounDit wrote:

Oh my, those Progressive Liberals you talk about all the time sound awful! Good thing that you don't have to encounter any of them on this forum. Must be quite a relief.

Applause Applause Applause

FounDit
Posted: Wednesday, June 27, 2018 7:44:08 PM

Lotje1000 wrote:
FounDit wrote:

They are!
They’re just awful people! So I am glad there are none here on the forum.

The preach civility, but practice incivility.
They preach inclusion, but practice exclusion.
They preach tolerance, but practice intolerance.
They preach justice, but practice injustice.
They preach fairness, but practice unfairness.
They preach empathy, but practice hate.
They preach peace, but advocate for violence.

They really are just awful people, but we’re driving them back with each passing day, so there is reason for happiness and joy. The President is steering the Ship of State in the right direction, and the sails are filled with the power of the wind of the Constitution. Why, just today we learned he will get to appoint another Supreme Court justice who will aid in putting the country aright again, and possibly the opportunity to appoint more before he is through. There is hope and optimism blossoming everywhere! It’s a great time to be an American! Hooray, for President Trump!! One of the finest we’ve ever had! (I’m just a tiny bit biased)

We should look to the past to learn from it, not destroy our future because of it — FounDit
Hope123
Posted: Wednesday, June 27, 2018 10:22:49 PM

FD, A new SCOTUS. Are any of your grandchildren girls?

:::

Here's Dan Rather's take on some awful Americans and their leader.

President Trump and the GOP bemoaning a lack of civility is a hypocritical farce. It spurs an almost uncontrollable bout of forehead slapping in disbelief.
But let's be clear about what incivility really looks like:

Incivility is lying to impugn the citizenship of the first African American president.
Incivility is threatening and mocking reporters and attacking the First Amendment protections of our free and independent press.
Incivility is destroying the environment and ignoring climate change.
Incivility is countenancing corruption and venality in the highest reaches of the White House and its cabinet.
Incivility is our government's response to Puerto Rico.
Incivility is undermining a merited investigation by respected law enforcement officials and maligning the notion of an independent judiciary.
Incivility is cozying up to dictators and attacking our allies and friends.
Incivility is ripping children - even those too young to know their parent's name - from immigrants legally claiming asylum.
Incivility is endeavoring to have millions of Americans lose their health insurance.
Incivility is creating a false equivalence between Nazis and counter protesters.
Incivility is using peaceful dissent from NFL players as a pretense for stirring the deep waters of racial injustice.
Incivility is using Twitter to lie and bully.
Incivility is just having the pathology to constantly lie in the first place.
Incivility is gas lighting your fellow citizens on issues big and small.
Incivility is trying to bar entry to the United States on account of religion.
Incivility is ignoring science and reason.
Incivility is trying to run roughshod over our constitutional protections.

These are but a few of the real incivilities that plague our moment in history. They are the actions of a man and his enablers who feel no compunction about destroying the bonds that have held this improbable nation together. We will only succeed if we have a civil society. And anything or anyone who attacks that cherished American ideal must be considered... uncivil.

progpen
Posted: Wednesday, June 27, 2018 11:35:13 PM

Thank you FD. It is damn near priceless to have someone I debate prove my point for me. You have shown your true colors without my having to lift a finger.

There is no us, only you. There is no fixing, only breaking. There is no cooperation only sabotage. There is no peace, only war. And to many in the US it does look like you are winning, but the rest of the world has not forgotten their history like the US. They remember that those who rely on fear and hate always fail in the end, because even the best fear mongers reach a limit where their targets just can't be any more afraid. But that fear monger constantly needs more just like any addict. They need to get back to that first high, but they can't because their targets eventually get burned out on constantly being in fear. So as the fear monger gets more and more desperate they create larger and larger disasters, until they finally fall apart in the rubble of their own making.

We all hope that it doesn't end like that for the US, but it all comes down to you. It has to start somewhere. It has to start with someone. The first one to get burned out and tired of always being in fear.

Hope123
Posted: Thursday, June 28, 2018 10:05:57 AM

When the yield curve inverts, it's usually a sign the U.S. is headed for recession. That may change the minds of some trumpeters of Trumpistan.

FounDit
Posted: Thursday, June 28, 2018 12:08:23 PM

Hope,

Dan Rather is your source? The same Dan Rather who lied about President G. W. Bush using four forged documents in a 60 Minutes II episode? I’m not sure he is someone I would use as a source for civility, but I can see why you would.

progpen wrote:

Thank you FD. It is damn near priceless to have someone I debate prove my point for me. You have shown your true colors without my having to lift a finger.
Debate? You debate? Odd, I don’t recall you ever actually debating me on anything. Are you sure you understand the definition of that word?
There is no us, only you. There is no fixing, only breaking. There is no cooperation only sabotage. There is no peace, only war. And to many in the US it does look like you are winning, but the rest of the world has not forgotten their history like the US. They remember that those who rely on fear and hate always fail in the end, because even the best fear mongers reach a limit where their targets just can't be any more afraid Too right. Just like when they call the President Hitler and liken holding facilities to “death camps”) . But that fear monger constantly needs more just like any addict. They need to get back to that first high, but they can't because their targets eventually get burned out on constantly being in fear. So as the fear monger gets more and more desperate they create larger and larger disasters, until they finally fall apart in the rubble of their own making.
I know! I know! Isn’t it amazing? You have perfectly described Progressive Liberals! And the hypocrisy! Can you believe it?

They show up at the border crying, “The children! Oh! The poor children!” all the while perfectly willing to kill the children before they are even born; even demanding no one reduce the money they need to kill them. Why, they often refer to them as blobs of protoplasm; one even referred to a fetus as simply a parasite; and it’s not that I’m against abortion, I think they are sometimes necessary. I had a family member who required one because the baby didn’t develop properly and endangered the mother’s health.

But Progressive Liberals display anguish over illegal children on one hand, and demand the right to kill them on the other. The amazing hypocrisy of Progressive Liberals is breathtaking.

We all hope that it doesn't end like that for the US, but it all comes down to you. It has to start somewhere. It has to start with someone. The first one to get burned out and tired of always being in fear.
No worries. As I’ve said before, the pendulum continues its movement away from the Progressives, inch by inch. You know the one I’m speaking of — the one you don’t believe exists? It does. Hide and watch.

progpen
Posted: Thursday, June 28, 2018 12:20:24 PM

Hope123 wrote:
When the yield curve inverts, it's usually a sign the U.S. is headed for recession. That may change the minds of some trumpeters of Trumpistan.

It can't because in their case it isn't money but fear. Rest assured though that the fear mongers will be making their money from the next great recession. Disaster Capitalism is a tried and true revenue generator.

philips daughter
Posted: Thursday, June 28, 2018 12:21:33 PM

And the children? They are still in cages. Not surprising if you know anything about the history of white people in the US. Recall Native American genocide and slavery. Make America a cesspool. Make it one big garbage dump.
Hope123
Posted: Thursday, June 28, 2018 3:54:57 PM

FD, I had no idea you thought lying was wrong since you applaud a man who has lied more than 3000 times in a little over a year. I definitley know for sure Trump is not someone I would use as a source for civility, but I can see why you would.

I don't need Dan Rather to say for 100% accuracy that every point in the above post is correct. Anybody who is above ground knows it is all true - unless of course they only watch alt right media. Rather just put it all together.

Besides, Dan Rather made a mistake reporting a true story. https://people.com/tv/dan-rather-defends-cbs-news-report-on-george-w-bush-that-got-him-fired/

You ignored the important question - how can you be so glad that women's rights will be taken away or at least eroded if they manage to get another conservative on the Supreme Court? Do you not have any women you care about?

Romany
Posted: Thursday, June 28, 2018 4:05:51 PM

Neurons: 44,607

Ah c'mon guys! FD is just playing games. Philips Daughter & Proggie - you've heard his "only joking" meme before, but you weren't here some time back when he admitted that he just likes to stir the pot and then sit back and watch people take the bait: yet another reason I don't bother to respond any more. I mean: read that para. above which is just a total parody:

"They really are just awful people, but we’re driving them back with each passing day, so there is reason for happiness and joy. The President is steering the Ship of State in the right direction, and the sails are filled with the power of the wind of the Constitution. Why, just today we learned he will get to appoint another Supreme Court justice who will aid in putting the country aright again, and possibly the opportunity to appoint more before he is through. There is hope and optimism blossoming everywhere! It’s a great time to be an American! Hooray, for President Trump!! One of the finest we’ve ever had! (I’m just a tiny bit biased)"

I mean, really? Read it again: - if he honestly did mean any of that seriously he wouldn't be able to chew gum and walk at the same time. He's just taking the piss: and rising to the bait is all he's aiming for. It's what he calls 'sarcasm'. With the future of America at stake in a way it's never been before, surely playing along by responding to such antics are a waste of time for those who really do care about the future and don't consider the destruction and fall of a once-important country a particularly hilarious subject.
progpen
Posted: Thursday, June 28, 2018 4:22:52 PM

Ya, Romany is right. It's just called "rattling the chains" in some internet circles or "lobbing a verbal grenade". But mostly it's just trolling. Thing is, he's a damn good troll.

Hope123
Posted: Thursday, June 28, 2018 5:39:39 PM

Yes, Romany. But he has kept this important topic at the forefront for me.

RRs (Regressive Rightists) fight for anti-abortion but when there are live babies, whether American or asylum seekers, they don't give a damn. They want the accidental babies born but don't put their money towards raising and loving them. They don't even care about or respect women's rights, or gay rights, or the rights of anybody except themselves. America used to pride itself on rights for everybody so that one religious group could not demand by law to control the bodies of others.

The country of Gilead from Atwood's "The Handmaid's Tale" came to mind as I wrote that last sentence. I'm still watching the TV series - horrendous cruelty in the Gilead society that had been America after one religious group seized control as they use the cruelty to control everybody. I'd suggest RRs watch it to see the horror, but they might get ideas to add to their repertoire.

Proggy is right - it is fear that America will no longer have a white - and straight - majority. There's some of that here too.

Lotje1000
Posted: Friday, June 29, 2018 3:15:03 AM

As George Carlin once said:

Quote:
Boy, these conservatives are really something, aren't they? They're all in favor of the unborn. They will do anything for the unborn. But once you're born, you're on your own. Pro-life conservatives are obsessed with the fetus from conception to nine months. After that, they don't want to know about you. They don't want to hear from you. No nothing. No neonatal care, no day care, no head start, no school lunch, no food stamps, no welfare, no nothing. If you're preborn, you're fine; if you're preschool, you're fucked.
FounDit
Posted: Friday, June 29, 2018 11:05:08 AM

Hey proggy,

I don’t know what that fear is you seem to think I’m suffering from. I’m actually feeling quite calm, contented and happy about the future. I do think that fear you were describing has saturated Hope, however. She seems to think something terrible is going to happen to women. I would attribute that to clairvoyance, but if she truly had that talent, she would have seen the election of Trump coming, so I think this is yet another case where she is wrong (keep that to yourself, however, I wouldn’t want her to feel badly about being wrong so often).

I was having a bit of fun with you guys, and that’s probably not a plus on my side of the ledger, since it’s really not nice to make fun of hindered people. So I do feel a tiny bit bad about that. Well, not too much, but a tiny bit.

As for Lotje, what she says doesn’t apply to me. Apparently, she didn't read, or didn't comprehend what I wrote about that topic, so I’m going to ignore it and not respond – there's no need.

But Romany need not worry. The future of America was at stake (from too many brain-damaged people), but we’ve pulled back from the danger by beginning the process of stripping power from them; so rather than the destruction and fall of a “once-important” country (when did that happen? You wouldn’t know that from the way everyone is talking about us), we are well on our way to “Mak[ing] America Great Again”: Lower taxes, blazing economy, lowest unemployment for minorities and women in history, millions of new jobs created, new trade deals, new political deals, etc.

It’s amazing what can be done when you have someone in charge who knows how to actually accomplish things, instead of a politician who talks much but accomplishes little, or worse, employs “useful idiots” to install Progressivism.

Hope123
Posted: Friday, June 29, 2018 11:12:36 AM

Carlin said it well, Lotje. Here's more news from the Texas Tribune about children and the heartlessness of the Trump administration.

"As the White House faces court orders to reunite families separated at the border, immigrant children as young as 3 years old are being ordered into court for their own deportation proceedings, according to attorneys in Texas, California and Washington, D.C."

At that age they might not even know what horrors they fled or where home even is. That makes it unlikely that they will ever be reunited.

This is a leadership and arrogant culture of lemmings that celebrate guns, vulgarity, meanness, dishonesty, and the total lack of respect for others. There is no moral code or integrity.

https://www.texastribune.org/2018/06/27/immigrant-toddlers-ordered-appear-court-alone/

FD doesn't like Trump being compared to Hitler. But those rallies of Trump's are very similar to Hitler's yearly Nuremberg Rallies and Trump is holding them a lot more frequently. Every time I open the news he's been at a rally. These are propaganda events, carefully staged with half truths and outright lies to reinforce enthusiasm for him, to stoke up his base, and to showcase his power and ego. Some Americans are finally beginning to recognize they have underestimated how dangerous he is.

The only hope is for Americans who oppose him is to get out and vote in November. They can win without converting any of Trump's cult followers who have their heads in the sand as usual. The fact that the U.S. cruises toward record-breaking debt on Trump's watch, when it is already way too high, should also spur them to vote and not split the vote this time. They need to all stick together or suffer even worse consequences than they see now.

philips daughter
Posted: Friday, June 29, 2018 12:00:35 PM

Thank you Hope. 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

This is dangerous!!!
philips daughter
Posted: Friday, June 29, 2018 12:06:17 PM

However with the gerrymandered state of Texas it is almost useless to vote. I fear it is forty years too late. You hear FD.
Hope123
Posted: Friday, June 29, 2018 1:43:05 PM

Thanks, Philip's Daughter. But please don't give up. Even one vote can matter. As women see their rights already being taken from them in recent laws by some states, and the prospect of Roe v Wade in the crosshairs already if they get an anti abortion supreme court judge in, maybe women will stop voting against themselves. The young who want change are also getting involved for the Democrats. But I did see the Supreme Court just upheld the gerrymandering practices in Texas and N Carolina so I understand your despair.

Although some Americans who have already lost their jobs recently because of Trump's tariff war are still supporting him, some may get smart and stop voting against themselves.

From reading pre election posts on this forum I feared but hoped I was wrong that Trump might be elected. It's too bad I wasn't wrong. But hope is still there even after what he has done to the US. The Republican party is shrinking as crtical thinking decent people don't want to be associated with racism, caging children, white nationalists, paranoid conspiracy theorists, anti-science, etc. My American friends are all in this category. They are horrified at what has happened to their party. I did not ask of course if they helped to put Trump in by voting a third party, not voting, or declining the ballot.

An American said: "Democrats do not need to win over diehard Trump supporters to win elections. That group only composes about 25% of all voters and are probably unmovable anyway. Dems should concentrate on Democrats, Independents, and Republicans who are dissatisfied with Trump. That is a huge coalition."

Trump et al practise fear. That coalition mentioned above would not go for the types of some of the candidates being put forth by Trump. And there are more states than Texas.

So there's always hope. Hang in there. Elections are unpredicatable.

progpen
Posted: Friday, June 29, 2018 3:47:54 PM

Hope123 wrote:
The only hope is for Americans who oppose him is to get out and vote in November. They can win without converting any of Trump's cult followers who have their heads in the sand as usual. The fact that the U.S. cruises toward record-breaking debt on Trump's watch, when it is already way too high, should also spur them to vote and not split the vote this time. They need to all stick together or suffer even worse consequences than they see now.

I don't think this coming election cycle will change anything because the Democratic party has yet to figure out how not to alienate their progressive wing. The Democratic leadership is far too desperate to win over the moderate Republicans and have poured all of their resources into that while working against their progressive wing. Their message is flaccid at best, "Boo Trump". With no coherent or consistent message they will not be able to flip as many seats as they need.

But the Republican party is in pretty much the same boat. They have the moderate wing that they are ignoring while they pour all of their resources into the far right wing of the party. The moderates may or may not leave if they finally get tired of being ignored, sidelined and alienated, but if they do it is likely that they will not go to the Democratic party right away because the Democratic leadership has nothing to offer them. No message, no plan, no momentum and no vision.

Two of the smaller parties that are making gains right now because of their consistent and coherent messages are the Green and Socialist parties, but they do not have the money to be a threat to the Democratic party leadership. The only way they can make a difference is by bringing in more disenfranchised Democrats, which is happening.

philips daughter
Posted: Friday, June 29, 2018 4:24:37 PM

Well Hope, it’s just not so. You do realize the majority of the vote was for Clinton that Gore had the popular vote but a gerrymandered electoral college stole the election. If we had voting rights Hillary Clinton would be president. So you keep hoping but it isn’t reality anymore. I could talk about the benefits of dividing California into 4 states and maybe Texas too but this is about children. About children in peril and there are more children than they admit to. They say in New Jersey the children are coming sick and dirty. It makes me cry to think how vulnerable they are predators. With all the money and power and secrecy it is scary to contemplate and must be stopped even if Trump’s people never eat out in public again. Wa Wa
Hope123
Posted: Friday, June 29, 2018 5:15:07 PM

Well shoot. It is not just the US that has a vested interest in the mid terms. I wish the Dems would get united instead of going to other parties with no power. That is just not feasible if they really wish to get Trump out.

It feels so helpless to not even be able to vote or work for Dems, yet my own country's future is at stake because Trump is out to destroy it for personal vengeance over some supposed slight and just so he can say he won. He tweeted the threats himself. A big country ruining a small one is nothing to crow about.

The Dems go high and nothing happens. The RRs say, "Thanks, suckers". Waters goes lower and gets put into the same category as RRs who have always been the party of low blows and persistent smearing of Dems with countless fruitless expensive investigations. Maybe the Dems need to take the gloves off too and damn the criticism.

It is a quandary even on here. As often as we tell FD to STFU with his personal comments about other posters as he trolls here on the Politics sub forum, he still names people and says things he imagines when he has no idea whether they are true or not, just like Trump does. And probably thinks of those ideas because they apply to himself. Yet we (and Dems) are supposed to be polite because of our own rules for decency so it does not become anarchy.

Well my gloves are off. FD is a Trumpeter of Trumpistan and everything I say about that group applies to him. Ignoring his posts and not reading them is the best idea, but that won't work in elections.

But I'm with PD. This thread is about the inhumane treatment of children as my post at 11:12 this morning was about. I could post videos of children crying for their parents or their siblings - they even separated siblings.

There were at least 64 other shootings besides the newspaper one across the United States yesterday, resulting in 22 deaths and 37 injuries. Yet RRs refuse to care by even changing the restrictions on obtaining a gun. IN ONE DAY.

But empathy is lost on RRs who have no heart. All they care about is their ideology.

Lotje1000
Posted: Saturday, June 30, 2018 4:04:55 AM

FounDit wrote:
As for Lotje, what she says doesn’t apply to me. Apparently, she didn't read, or didn't comprehend what I wrote about that topic, so I’m going to ignore it and not respond – there's no need.

Oh no! You're not going to respond to my last post which wasn't addressed to you? However will I survive my weekend.

But as someone once said, I neither pointed to, not mentioned anyone here on the forum. But if the shoe fits, as they say...
BobShilling
Posted: Saturday, June 30, 2018 5:26:18 AM

Neurons: 3,101
Romany wrote:
Ah c'mon guys! FD is just playing games. Philips Daughter & Proggie - you've heard his "only joking" meme before, but you weren't here some time back when he admitted that he just likes to stir the pot and then sit back and watch people take the bait: yet another reason I don't bother to respond any more. I mean: read that para. above which is just a total parody:

[...] if he honestly did mean any of that seriously he wouldn't be able to chew gum and walk at the same time. He's just taking the piss: and rising to the bait is all he's aiming for. It's what he calls 'sarcasm'. With the future of America at stake in a way it's never been before, surely playing along by responding to such antics are a waste of time for those who really do care about the future and don't consider the destruction and fall of a once-important country a particularly hilarious subject.

Unfortunately, most of his drivel appears serious; it's a bit like the hogwash coming from the mouth and tweets of "President Trump!! One of the finest we’ve ever had". At the risk of feeding a troll, I, like some others apparently, feel it important to draw attention to distortions, exaggerations, half-truths, etc, when they are produced.
progpen
Posted: Saturday, June 30, 2018 8:01:28 AM

@BobShilling You and Hope are correct about bringing attention to distortions, lies, exaggerations, etc. especially with social media. One thing about that though is replying directly to a troll doesn't really accomplish anything (IMHO) as it just feeds their need for attention. Responding indirectly with correct information, but not referencing the troll takes away that attention that they need, but also ensures the lies and distortions are being countered.

FounDit
Posted: Saturday, June 30, 2018 2:36:22 PM

Hmm, nothing in the posts following my latest appears worthy of response, so i guess attention is not needed after all...Think