The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

check grammar of my CV profile please Options
Jigneshbharati
Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2018 10:00:10 AM

Neurons: 8,868
A pharmacy technician with over 12 years of experience in hospital and community pharmacy. My current role as a ward-based pharmacy technician for the Leeds Teaching Hospitals, a solid background in science and in education not only help me to understand and appreciate the nuances of the profession but also give me the confidence and knowledge to deliver the best care to my patients. I am a team player and can work independently under pressure . I am an IT savvy and do possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. I am very flexible and always try to keep abreast with the latest information concerning my profession. I am very excited and ready to meet any challenges on my way to becoming an excellent healthcare professional. I am an ACT (an accuracy checker) and a qualified drug-history trained with excellent communication skills, be self-motivated, able to work on my own initiative and enjoy a challenge. The Leeds way- ensures that all healthcare professionals work towards the common goal- to provide safe and patient-centred care all the time. I am well versed in the various EPMA (electronic prescribing and medicine administration) soft wares and clinical systems used in the NHS such as EPS, Emeds, JAC, Nextphase, pharmacy manager etc.

I am ready to work as part of the medicines management team working closely with GP practices and other health and social care providers to promote and deliver quality, safe, cost-effective evidence based prescribing by supporting the implementation of the medicines optimisation work plan and strategy.
Islami
Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2018 11:57:04 AM

Neurons: 361
As my understanding certain corrections are needed. Rest the teachers will polish.

I am a pharmacy technician with over 12 years of experience in hospital and community pharmacy. My current role as a ward-based pharmacy technician for the Leeds Teaching Hospitals, a solid background in science and in education not only help me to understand and appreciate the nuances of the profession but also give me the confidence and knowledge to deliver the best care to my patients. I am a team player and but can work independently too if need be . I am an IT savvy and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. I am very flexible and always eager to be to abreast with the latest information concerning my profession. I am very excited and ready to meet any challenges on my way to becoming an excellent healthcare professional. I am an(write full form) and a qualified drug-history trained, with excellent communication skills, self-motivated, able to work on my own initiative and accept a challenge. The Leeds way- ensures that all healthcare professionals work for a common goal; to provide safe and patient-centred care all the time. I am well versed in the various EPMA (electronic prescribing and medicine administration) software and clinical systems used in the NHS such as EPS, Emeds, JAC, Nextphase, pharmacy manager etc.

I am ready to work as part of the medicines management team working closely with GP practices and other health and social care providers. I believe in promoting and delivering quality, safe and, cost-effective, evidence based prescription by supporting the implementation of the medicine optimisation work plan and strategy.
IMHO

Just because the writer of an article is British doesn't mean that they use English correctly-DragOnspeaker.
hedy mmm
Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2018 3:32:39 PM

Neurons: 493,874
I am a pharmacy technician with over 12 years of experience in a hospital (or hospitals, if more than one) and community pharmacy. My current role, a ward-based pharmacy technician for the Leeds Teaching Hospitals, with a solid background in science and ('in' not necessary) education, have taught me to understand and appreciate the nuances of the profession and also gives me the confidence and knowledge to deliver the best care to my patients. I am a team player, however, I can also work independently under pressure. I am ('an' not necessary) IT savvy and do possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. I am ('very' not necessary) flexible and ('always try to' not necessary) keep abreast with the latest information concerning my profession. I am very excited and ready to meet any challenges on my way to becoming an excellent healthcare professional. I am an ACT (an accuracy checker) and a qualified drug-history trained with excellent communication skills, ('be' not necessary) self-motivated, able to work on my own initiative and enjoy a challenge. 'The Leeds' method ensures that all healthcare professionals work towards the common goal—(em dash)to provide safe and patient-centred care all the time. I am well versed in the various EPMA (electronic prescribing and medicine administration) soft wares and clinical systems used in the NHS such as EPS, Emeds, JAC, Nextphase, pharmacy manager, etc.

I am ready to work as part of the medicines management team, working closely with GP practices ('and' not necessary just comma) other health and social care providers to promote and deliver quality, safe, cost-effective evidence based prescribing by supporting the implementation of the medicines optimization work plan and strategy.

"God graced us with today....don't waste it." hedy
Jigneshbharati
Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2018 3:46:29 PM

Thanks a lot!
Drag0nspeaker
Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2018 4:29:52 PM

Neurons: 167,125
Hi!

There seems to be a "form" for CVs, which does not use English. It does not use subjects, sentences etc, and is written in the third person.

I like the changes made by Islami and Hedy - but they use English.

The way I have seen others being 'coached' in writing CVs would be something like this:

- A pharmacy technician with over 12 years of experience in a hospital and community pharmacy.
- In the current role of ward-based pharmacy technician for the Leeds Teaching Hospitals, with a solid background in science and education
- From this, has gained an understanding and appreciation of the nuances of the profession and also the confidence and knowledge to deliver the best patient care.
- A team player who can also work independently under pressure.
. . .

I don't like it - I don't know why this form is used. It's ugly.

However, do check the form expected before you send it in.

Is there an "Access 2 Work" office in Leeds Council offices? You'll often find them connected to the Job Centre, or sometimes in an office in a local library.
I found the people there very helpful and they give free advice.

Wyrd bið ful aræd - bull!
Jigneshbharati
Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2018 4:35:25 PM

Thanks