The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Gaza: Nakba day protests as Palestinians bury those killed in embassy unrest Options
Yarin
Posted: Tuesday, May 15, 2018 7:48:31 PM

Neurons: 2,482
Nakba Day (meaning "Day of the Catastrophe") is generally commemorated on 15 May, the day after the Gregorian calendar date for "Israeli Independence Day" (Yom Ha'atzmaut). For the Palestinians it is an annual day of commemoration of the displacement that preceded and followed "the Israeli Declaration of Independence" in 1948.

During the 1948 Palestine war, an estimated 700,000 Palestinians fled or were expelled, and hundreds of Palestinian towns and villages were depopulated and destroyed.
These refugees and their descendants number several million people today, divided between Jordan (2 million), Lebanon (427,057), Syria (477,700), the West Bank (788,108) and the Gaza Strip (1.1 million), with at least another quarter of a million internally displaced Palestinians in Israel.[4] The displacement, dispossession and dispersal of the Palestinian people is known to them as an-Nakba, meaning "catastrophe" or "disaster”.

whatson
Posted: Tuesday, May 15, 2018 8:24:41 PM

Neurons: 3,064
Those who constantly yammer,
shouldn't throw stones.

Sometimes I wish there existed some kind of god.
Yarin
Posted: Tuesday, May 15, 2018 8:59:13 PM

Neurons: 2,482
No wonder!
It doesn't matter to those kinds even if all Palestinians were killed or expelled from their home.
Ravindra
Posted: Wednesday, May 16, 2018 2:47:59 AM

Neurons: 52,803
Catastrophe is a catastrophe, be that of man-made or of nature's fury. Adding insult to injury is ...... A restrain is most welcome.

Though sympathy alone can't alter facts, it can help to make them more bearable.
Bram Stoker, Dracula

Ravindra
Imran520
Posted: Tuesday, May 29, 2018 1:26:54 AM

Neurons: 20
Why Israeli forces are killing innocent Palestines?
A cooperator
Posted: Sunday, October 28, 2018 8:57:40 PM

Neurons: 12,838
Imran520 wrote:
Why Israeli forces are killing innocent Palestines?

Hmm!
First of all, whoever gives up the Jerusalem will give up the two holy places.

Secondly, even Google Translation, powered and managed by the American Google corporation, translated "Palestinians" as a member of the native Arab population of the region of Palestine (including the modern state of Israel)", which means "Israel" doesn't exist, and will remain non-existent, whatever its supporters claim.

Finally, IMHO, the Israeli forces have been killing innocent Palestinians, simply, because the Palestinians, the legal owners, don't kill innocent Israeli citizens in return since they even don't have by far the least equivalent weapons to defend themselves from the children-killer cowardly abominable occupier while other Arabs have now been in conflicts between Shiites and Sunnis sparked off by the KSA, UAE, Iran, US, UK, Russia, France, Turkey, and Israel.
If you came back your home, found all your family were killed, bombed by someone known to you, then what
on earth would the entire world have expected to be done by you in return?

I am afraid to say you must apply the rule of "kill to live" with some arrogant nations.WhistleBoo hoo! That doesn't mean to kill to enjoy yourself. However, if you're violated or cast first, then you'd have had to defend yourself, or otherwise you'll be endangered.

Whoever doesn't own what he promises to those who do not deserve must not promise it.
Decorate Future
Posted: Wednesday, January 2, 2019 10:00:18 AM

Neurons: 3
i hope one day there will be peace every where
A cooperator
Posted: Sunday, January 13, 2019 5:57:25 AM

Neurons: 12,838
Decorate Future wrote:
i hope one day there will be peace every where

I am sorry to say there will never be peace on the earth or even on any other planet, or otherwise simply there is no sense to be there the heaven and the hell. The heaven is for the good ones, and the hell is for evil ones.

Whoever doesn't own what he promises to those who do not deserve must not promise it.
towan52
Posted: Tuesday, May 14, 2019 10:22:50 AM

Neurons: 203,791
It all reminds me (rather sadly) of a reported, perhaps apocryphal, conversation between two British soldiers in Ulster during "the troubles": "I don't think God is on either side."

“God created war so that Americans would learn geography.” ~ Samuel Langhorne Clemens
Kirill Vorobyov
Posted: Tuesday, May 14, 2019 10:42:36 AM

Neurons: 4,112
towan52 wrote:
It all reminds me (rather sadly) of a reported, perhaps apocryphal, conversation between two British soldiers in Ulster during "the troubles": "I don't think God is on either side."

Applause

I guess this may be because both sides are instigated by a third party that is at odds with the God that both parties involved worship.