The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Why "Mankind" Isn't the Real Problem Options
Squawk Box
Posted: Thursday, June 7, 2018 4:48:00 PM

Neurons: 1,090
Unfortunately, that isn’t working out, and is in the process of failing. That is why there is such vitriol in the public discourse. Their attacks on his character are failing for one simple reason: the folks who support Trump do not do so because of his past behavior. They voted for him and supported him not for his past, but for what he said he would do in the future — after his inauguration. The fact that he is doing his best to keep his word only cements his support.

I voted for him and I will vote for him again. And all of the vitriol that has been directed his way, only solidifies my stance.
The hatred that is being fomented by the Left in America, has precedents. That would be Russia and Germany, and it could happen here.

What if it all goes to blazes and ends up in shoot-outs; or major riots, with people being beaten to death? As sad as that sounds, it could happen, America is in dangerous times, and it has me worried.
progpen
Posted: Thursday, June 7, 2018 5:40:52 PM

Neurons: 298,282
Squawk Box wrote:
I voted for him and I will vote for him again. And all of the vitriol that has been directed his way, only solidifies my stance.

I've stated this a couple times in various threads. Not that it matters, because those of us discussing these issues aren't trying to convert anyone. We are simply describing the situation here in the US as the rest of the world picks their jaw up off the floor as they try to understand WTF is going on with the US that they would inflict such a thing upon themselves.

Nolite te bastardes carborundorum
Priscilla86
Posted: Thursday, June 21, 2018 12:04:58 AM

Neurons: 4,054
Squawk Box wrote:
And all of the vitriol that has been directed his way, only solidifies my stance.

I don't know you so I'm not going to speculate on why you voted for him but I'd like to unpack the statement above. This gives off the impression that your main motivation for voting for him again is just to spite people who have directed 'vitriol' his way (which can feel like they directed it your way). While no doubt both sides have some unscrupulous people irresponsibly hurling insults, is it really vitriol to challenge (or call out) some of his heinous policies? To reiterate progpen, we are not trying to convert anyone here and trust that if you recognize some of his policies as appalling we are not going to rub it in your face while dancing around singing 'I told you so'. It's not about that.

You have your reasons for voting for him and we (on the other side of the aisle) are trying to understand that and hopefully you will also listen to what we have to say because things are manifesting in some of the worst ways possible right now when it shouldn't be.

The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.