The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

People now, they hit the pitch we throw. Options
yummyspringroll
Posted: Monday, March 19, 2018 3:01:04 AM

Neurons: 24,278
Has anyone watched the new documentary "Escape Fire - The Fight to Rescue American Healthcare"?

Quote:
People now, they hit the pitch we throw. If we change the pitch, they'll hit that one, too.

This line comes out around min. 53 when the film is talking about how a large amount of money is involved as big corporations govern the healthcare system, how the insurance industry try to form a public mindset to its advantage, and how there's a huge gap between the healthcare system we have now and the one we could have.

What does the line means?

-__-
Sarrriesfan
Posted: Monday, March 19, 2018 3:45:55 AM

Neurons: 7,317
I think it is an analogy that refers to the (mostly) American sport of baseball, a pitch is the ball that the pitcher on the mound in the middle throws.

He can choose to throw a variety of types of ball a slow one, a fast one etc. the opposition players with a bat must adjust their swing to compensate.

The people will change their mindset to match whatever the insurance companies try to do.

I lack the imagination for a witty signature.
yummyspringroll
Posted: Thursday, April 12, 2018 2:01:57 AM

Neurons: 24,278
Sarrriesfan wrote:
I think it is an analogy that refers to the (mostly) American sport of baseball, a pitch is the ball that the pitcher on the mound in the middle throws.

He can choose to throw a variety of types of ball a slow one, a fast one etc. the opposition players with a bat must adjust their swing to compensate.

The people will change their mindset to match whatever the insurance companies try to do.

Thank you, Sarrriesfan ~~

By the way, I like your unwitty signature :D

-__-