The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Xenoglossy Options
Daemon
Posted: Sunday, January 14, 2018 12:00:00 AM

Neurons: 70,560
Xenoglossy

Often cited as proof of reincarnation, xenoglossy is a purportedly paranormal phenomenon wherein a person displays the ability to speak a language that he or she could not have learned by natural means. For example, an individual who begins to speak fluent German but who has never studied German, traveled to a German-speaking country, or associated with German speakers is said to exhibit xenoglossy. What are some of the bizarre accounts of individuals reported to have experienced xenoglossy? More...
KSPavan
Posted: Sunday, January 14, 2018 6:13:27 AM

Neurons: 2,299,187
Article of the Day
Xenoglossy
Often cited as proof of reincarnation, xenoglossy is a purportedly paranormal phenomenon wherein a person displays the ability to speak a language that he or she could not have learned by natural means. For example, an individual who begins to speak fluent German but who has never studied German, traveled to a German-speaking country, or associated with German speakers is said to exhibit xenoglossy.
ChristopherJohnson
Posted: Sunday, January 14, 2018 7:11:47 AM

Neurons: 1,031,926
I do not know any attested cases of the phenomenon. Such stories are rumours in so far.
capitán
Posted: Sunday, January 14, 2018 10:29:19 AM

Neurons: 12,764
I got to speak English as I do without being in direct contact with natives, really.
But the result of hard work and discipline must never be depreciated or defaced, being put together with superstition.
Emel Rapchan
Posted: Sunday, January 14, 2018 2:58:45 PM

Neurons: 184,085
I saw some people performing his kind of thing before me under my bare eyes.
I'm not a great spiritualist person, but I do believe that our doors of perceptions about the entire universe before our eyes are mostly not known by many of us.
We perceive the world and universe through our mind's eye, which is rather limited, so that, our own understanding of it is limited to our ability to get it.