The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Bishop George Pell Options
Tovarish
Posted: Monday, January 8, 2018 3:03:18 AM

Neurons: 39,933
Tim Minchen, a screen writer and all round talented Aussie wrote what most Aussies feel but cannot put into words how we feel about George Pells

reluctance to appear before the Royal Commission into Constitutional Sexual abuse of Children.

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiimcuq8sfYAhUKppQKHXetC1wQtwIIKjAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DEtHOmforqxk&usg=AOvVaw2asjVVP0kTc-BcOQWsxBt8

Tim Minchen Youtube, George Pell

The Royal Commissioner have brought down his conclusions and when I get my technical skills in order I will post those results.
Romany
Posted: Monday, January 8, 2018 6:02:24 AM

Neurons: 44,863

Pel is an evil man!

He's the one who, when I was sexually abused by the convent priest, branded me a liar and called for me to be expelled. The particular priest was then moved on to an orphanage from which, in the Nineties, came hideous tales of the helpless kids he went on to rape and abuse there.

I share the blame for what happened to those children - if I had really kicked up a storm perhaps both Pel and the priest in question, would have been stopped in their tracks. But I was 15 - and it was a different world.

That disgusting old man has been responsible for more wrecked lives than, probably, anyone will ever know.
dusty
Posted: Monday, January 8, 2018 12:08:41 PM

Neurons: 5,755
I wasn't familiar with the story, but do to being familiar with mister minchen, was afraid to click on the link without first letting Google point me to a safe link to click, but the search engine -- for some reason -- wasn't bringing anything up?

To be concerned of the fate of the world is not bad, but bearing false witness is to not be
Tovarish
Posted: Monday, January 8, 2018 10:05:41 PM

Tim Minchen wrote the stage play, The Matildas and it has been a huge success.

Romany I am so sorry for your experience and the priests and bishops were found to be guilty of looking after the church and the hierarchy well before the children, these

pedophiles were shifted between parishes to cover their crimes.
Tovarish
Posted: Monday, January 8, 2018 10:11:05 PM

The song Tim Minchen sings is on YouTube, called 'Come home Cardinal Pell'

I do apologise I have not been able to bring up the site.

https://www.childabuseroyalcommission.gov.au/final-report
Fyfardens
Posted: Monday, January 8, 2018 10:38:38 PM

Neurons: 4,717
Romany wrote:

I share the blame for what happened to those children

NO.You may regret that you were unable to do something that might have prevented further abuse, but victims are in now way to blame for the foul actions of abusers. You were a victim of abuse by the priest, by his protectors, and by the society of the time. Please try not to feel that you are to blame for the actions, and inaction, of others.

The #Metoo campaign is helping some victims of past abuse to come forward and nail the perverts, give some relief to other victims, and possibly deter some would-be abusers, but there must be thousands of victims all over the world who, for a number of very sound reasons, cannot go public. They, and you, are not to blame for anything.

I speak British English (standard southern, slightly dated).
Hope123
Posted: Monday, January 8, 2018 11:43:08 PM

Neurons: 47,698
Fyfardens wrote:
Romany wrote:

NO.You may regret that you were unable to do something that might have prevented further abuse, but victims are in now way to blame for the foul actions of abusers. You were a victim of abuse by the priest, by his protectors, and by the society of the time. Please try not to feel that you are to blame for the actions, and inaction, of others.

The #Metoo campaign is helping some victims of past abuse to come forward and nail the perverts, give some relief to other victims, and possibly deter some would-be abusers, but there must be thousands of victims all over the world who, for a number of very sound reasons, cannot go public. They, and you, are not to blame for anything.

Hear, hear! Applause Applause Applause

Romany, you did what you could by telling but even if you had kept quiet, please listen to what Fyfardens wrote and stop blaming yourself for the actions of those atrocious others. And tell other survivors you may meet the same thing!

The past is to be respected/acknowledged, not worshipped. It is in our future we will find our greatness. Pierre Trudeau
almo 1
Posted: Tuesday, January 9, 2018 12:36:48 AM

Neurons: 5,715
Lotje1000
Posted: Tuesday, January 9, 2018 3:06:20 AM

Neurons: 479,507
Romany wrote:

The blame of abuse always lies with the person who made the decision to commit abuse. Their choice, their crime. You are not responsible for their actions or for stopping them.
Fyfardens
Posted: Tuesday, January 9, 2018 3:27:05 AM

Neurons: 4,717
almo 1 wrote:
Carrying a pepper pot or packet might be useful.[/size]

Young people should not have to feel that they will ever need to defend themselves against their teachers, priests, sports trainers, etc.

Many abused people don't even realise initially that they are being abused - they are with a person they have been taught to respect and trust. Anyway, a young person is unlikely to dare to physically attack an older, more powerful person. One of the many reasons so many of the abusers get away with their crimes for so long is because they take advantage of their position of trust/authority/power to abuse people who are unable physically and/or mentally to defend themselves.

I speak British English (standard southern, slightly dated).
Tovarish
Posted: Tuesday, January 9, 2018 4:25:40 AM

If anyone has had time to read the recommendations of the Royal Commissioner, who I believe is a very stalwart person with courage to stand behind is decisions are;

The responsibility of priests to refer to the authorities, confessions of pedophiles, this goes against the Catholic Church's sanctity of the confessional box.

"You are absolved my son, say ?? hail Mary's"

No,..... if a teacher sees the injuries of child abuse they must report it to authorities

If doctors see possible injuries of child abuse they must, by law report it to authorities,

And the curly one is if an attorney knows a paedophie is guilty, do they have to report it to authorities???

Any and all churches, not just the Catholic Church is above the Laws of Australia.
Romany
Posted: Tuesday, January 9, 2018 7:38:17 AM

I am so sorry, people - had no intentions of doing a "poor me" on you all. But even just conjuring up that name makes me - almost literally - see red.

But I sat and read your comments and it got me thinking: perhaps it's that guilt that dictated the course of my life? It's probably why, to this day, so long afterwards, I am still raising consciousness and writing articles and giving talks? I've never understood why I've always felt that it was something I feel totally compelled to do. So maybe that's it?
In which case, perhaps, each time I do reach somebody, I guess that's one in the eye to that wicked, venous old man.

Has anyone ever watched Steven Hutchenson debates about the Catholic Church? There are those who think he was over the top about the subject, but it makes very interesting viewing.

Anyway, sucks boo to Pel. For those who believe in hell I guess there's the thought that he'll burn in hell forever. I'd be happy if the poisonous prelate rotted in jail for the rest of his life: - without his fine wine, his gold chains and rings, and all his silk costumes and velvet cloak!

Hope123
Posted: Tuesday, January 9, 2018 9:19:27 AM

Neurons: 47,698
I know nothing about him, but when guilty - better still, somebody should do to him what Lorena Bobbitt did.

The past is to be respected/acknowledged, not worshipped. It is in our future we will find our greatness. Pierre Trudeau
jacobusmaximus
Posted: Tuesday, January 9, 2018 3:58:32 PM

Neurons: 437,982
Heck, Romany, how did you achieve all that you did carrying all that baggage? Many victims of such abuse just dropped out of life.

I remember, therefore I am.
almo 1
Posted: Tuesday, January 9, 2018 7:25:41 PM

Neurons: 5,715

It is really dramatic.

Tovarish
Posted: Tuesday, January 9, 2018 8:59:34 PM

George Pell is probably the most hated man in Australia, and he is a Cardinal, so what does that say about the catholic church?

Rom, I do hope you searched Tim Minchens song "Come home Cardinal Pell", you being an Aussie you know of our inherent irreverence to people of influence, Tim's song said it the way it is.

We have a saying down here "It doesnt pass the Pub test" and George Pell's evidence before the Commission the first time, failed miserably.

Tovarish
Posted: Tuesday, January 9, 2018 8:59:34 PM

George Pell is probably the most hated man in Australia, and he is a Cardinal, so what does that say about the catholic church?

Rom, I do hope you searched Tim Minchens song "Come home Cardinal Pell", you being an Aussie you know of our inherent irreverence to people of influence, Tim's song said it the way it is.

We have a saying down here "It doesnt pass the Pub test" and George Pell's evidence before the Commission the first time, failed miserably.

Romany
Posted: Tuesday, January 9, 2018 9:12:38 PM

Mate I'm going to do that as soon as I check out of TFD. I was surprised to find Tim Minchin is known over here and has appeared in many of our word-game show like "Q.I",
"Would I lie to You" etc. etc. So I still see him here.

But I still keep a check on "Have I got News For You" etc. in Oz. Though, increasingly I miss out on certain local references, as Oz is slowly becoming the Past. Though my Ozzyness, it seems, doesn't diminish.

It's getting really weird having two Home Countries!!
Tovarish
Posted: Tuesday, January 9, 2018 9:30:34 PM

Once an Aussie, always an Aussie Rom.

Who do you barrack (root ha ha) for in the Test?