The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Help Ellen de Generes - Just Tweet Options
Hope123
Posted: Friday, November 17, 2017 10:40:54 AM

Neurons: 42,782
Help Ellen de Generes in her fight to save the elephants by tweeting as described below.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/11/17/ellen-degeneres-donald-trump-encouraging-americans-kill-elephants/

The video on the link explains the following tweet.

Please retweet & use #BeKindToElephants, and for everyone who does, we’ll make a donation to The David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust. @DSWT
7:50 PM - Nov 16, 2017
3,491 3,491 Replies
101,327 101,327 Retweets
58,237 58,237 likes

Until he extends the circle of his compassion to all living things, man will not himself find peace. Albert Schweitzer
Andrew Schultz
Posted: Friday, November 17, 2017 11:23:26 AM

Neurons: 1,000,062
Done. Thanks, Hope. There is so much terrible stuff to keep up with. Trump's executive order is a new form of wrongness and cruelty.

100th person on TFD to 1 million neurons.
Wilmar (USA)
Posted: Friday, November 17, 2017 1:08:40 PM

Neurons: 218,643
All of you need to give it an F* rest.

GO Pres. TRUMP!!
We're still with you!!
whatson
Posted: Friday, November 17, 2017 1:48:31 PM

Neurons: 2,422
What's the difference between an elephant and a pres. trunk?

An elephant may be in one china shop at a given time,

but the pres. trunk is in all china shops of world simultaneously.

You will see the results, wilmar, very soon. Then you will cry.

A horse, a horse, a hoarse horse!
Wilmar (USA)
Posted: Friday, November 17, 2017 2:17:20 PM

Neurons: 218,643
Maybe the canadians should stay on their own side of the boarder.
whatson
Posted: Friday, November 17, 2017 3:21:00 PM

Neurons: 2,422
Simple, honest Iowans and other impressionable folk
will never understand a double-dealing NY scoundrel.

A horse, a horse, a hoarse horse!
Hope123
Posted: Friday, November 17, 2017 9:53:40 PM

This thread is not meant to fuel hate. It is an FYI post. It is for all political persuasions, is non partisan, and international. Losing our wildlife affects us all. It is about saving an endangered animal. It should be a consideration for ALL humans, no matter the political affiliation, nor by which borders they are surrounded. Just because one likes and voted for a certain person does not mean they have to blindly approve of every last thing they do without deciding for themselves what they think of the various issues.

This decision to remove the ban is not representative of the American people. In a nationwide poll nine out of ten Americans do not support trophy hunting. Even the Republican "House Foreign Affairs Committee chair Rep. Ed Royce, R-Calif., slams Trump's decision to allow the importation of endangered African elephant trophies from Zimbabwe and Zambia."

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/17/trump-rule-on-big-game-trophy-imports-angers-top-republican-.html

The lifting of this ban must be exactly what Trump supporters want - to be able to put an elephant's head on their huge walls Whistle Whistle just as Don Jr and Eric do - see them in pic on link.

For animal lovers here are some great pix of Americans interacting with elephants and their comments about why it is important to save our wildlife. The elephant is such a beautiful loving animal.

http://www.instyle.com/news/celebrities-protest-trump-reversal-elephant-trophy-ban

Just two Quotes: "Nothing justifies killing harmless animals to use its parts only as material goods, decoration or even worse as a trophy to satisfy someone´s ego or pride. If we want a better future, we must take care of the wildlife."

"How someone could want to shoot such an intelligent, empathetic animal as an elephant is beyond me…But what is most concerning for elephants is that renewed imports of trophy ivory into the US might undermine the all-important ivory trade bans put in place by America and China.”

End quotes.

So just follow Ellen and tweet if you are on Twitter. It's easy.

(Interesting POV Whatson.)

Until he extends the circle of his compassion to all living things, man will not himself find peace. Albert Schweitzer
Hope123
Posted: Friday, November 17, 2017 10:23:03 PM

This just in - From "News and Guts" by Dan Rather.

The President has caved to the extreme outcry over word that he was going to allow big game hunters to bring elephant parts back to the US. Tonight he tweeted:
“Put big game trophy decision on hold until such time as I review all conservation facts. Under study for years. Will update soon with Secretary Zinke. Thank you!”
Maybe Trump realized killing elephants doesn’t actually help them.

This is just a "hold" so I'll use djt's favourite phrase - "We'll see" if this is just an expedient tactic hoping it will all blow over or if he actually puts the ban back into place.

ellana
Posted: Saturday, November 18, 2017 2:55:46 AM

Neurons: 126,681
Is there no end to Trump's self serving ignorant statements and policies??? I watched his sons' trophy hunting photos on TV and wanted to puke!!
Maybe the US president should spend a bit more time reflecting on his contributions to female abasement... and how his behaviour lowers the level of the American presidency. Trump's sons or any others have no right to kill for trophies!! Disgusting!!
progpen
Posted: Monday, November 20, 2017 10:58:07 PM

Neurons: 218,774
Hope123 wrote:
This just in - From "News and Guts" by Dan Rather.

The President has caved to the extreme outcry over word that he was going to allow big game hunters to bring elephant parts back to the US. Tonight he tweeted:
“Put big game trophy decision on hold until such time as I review all conservation facts. Under study for years. Will update soon with Secretary Zinke. Thank you!”
Maybe Trump realized killing elephants doesn’t actually help them.

This is just a "hold" so I'll use djt's favourite phrase - "We'll see" if this is just an expedient tactic hoping it will all blow over or if he actually puts the ban back into place.

Hope, you are correct that he is waiting for the next big scandal so he can sneak this one in. He is proving himself to be the Best African President the US has ever had.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FPrJxTvgdQ

Be kind but be fierce. You are needed now more than ever before. Take up the mantel of change. For this is your time.
Hope123
Posted: Tuesday, November 21, 2017 12:47:17 AM

Progpen, Glad to see you back on these sub forums.

Video is not available in my country but I can guess what it says. And it would be right.

With what he gets away with, I am surprised he even bothered to do anything. His base doesn't care and actually supports him even on this issue - the evidence that at least one does is right on this thread, anyhow.

One supporter in the news said he'd believe djt over Jesus. lol. I guess that is supposed to mean something.

progpen
Posted: Tuesday, November 21, 2017 6:22:12 AM

Neurons: 218,774
Showing the wonderful and engaging similarities between him and SA President Zuma, "light xenophobia, with just a dash of diplomacy", Gambian President Yahya Jammeh, "bananas cure Aids", Idi Amin Dada, "I have got a very good brain", Zimbabwean President Robert Mugabe, "my people have great praise for me". Then, of course there is Muammar Gaddafi, who pitched a tent in Trump's back yard (literally).

Not sure if this link works for you or not.
http://www.cc.com/video-clips/qf2zhn/the-daily-show-with-trevor-noah-donald-trump--america-s-african-president

Be kind but be fierce. You are needed now more than ever before. Take up the mantel of change. For this is your time.
Hope123
Posted: Tuesday, November 21, 2017 10:30:23 AM

No, still copyrighted, but I went on YouTube and got Trevor Noah being interviewed on the Stephen Colbert show. Colbert asked him to compare djt to his dictator S African president. He was very funny in his responses - likes Putin - no. Sexual allegations before elected - guess not. He and his family benefitting from the presidency...

Colbert asked to trade presidents.

I like Trevor Noah. He has travelled to 45 US states and been around the world. Tried to get into Mar a Lago... Members only of course..

Noah is smooth and a good comedian. Hope you can access this.

https://youtu.be/uiqVRv9OMP0