The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

'come undone' throughout lyrics Options
Sanmayce
Posted: Thursday, November 16, 2017 2:41:19 PM

Neurons: 23,995
Since long ago 'come undone' has gotten my attention and still haven't looked into it as it should.
Time to pay attention/tribute.
Feel free to add more usages, certainly it is a wonderful variant for "falling apart".

https://english.stackexchange.com/questions/6383/what-does-to-come-undone-actually-mean

Reading all the responses found Billeeb's one most on-the-point - "to unbecome". It opens or rather expands the failing to the extent of ceasing to exist, namely, perish. IMHO in Evanescence's superhit it means to die, simply because she is in state of losing her soul and next step is death.

Also, another meaning suggested by Malvolio - ruined/lost/doomed:

4 And the posts of the door moved at the voice of him that cried, and the house was filled with smoke.
5 Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts.
/Isaiah 6:4-5 King James Version (KJV)/

4 And the foundations of the thresholds shook at the voice of him who called, and the house was filled with smoke.
5 And I said: “Woe is me! For I am lost; for I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts!”
/Isaiah 6:4-5 English Standard Version (ESV)/

4 The doorposts shook at the sound of their shouting, and the house was filled with smoke.
5 Then I said,
“Woe to me! I [too] am doomed! —
because I, a man with unclean lips,
living among a people with unclean lips,
have seen with my own eyes
the King, Adonai-Tzva’ot!”
/Isaiah 6:4-5 Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)/

https://www.thefreedictionary.com/Come+Undone
"Come Undone is not available in the general English dictionary."

Lost, in a snow filled sky
We'll make it alright to come undone
Now we'll try to stay blind to the hope and fear outside
Hey child, stay wilder than the wind and blow me in to cry

Duran Duran - Come Undone

Wake me up inside
Call my name and save me from the dark
Bid my blood to run
Before I come undone
Save me from the nothing I've become

Evanescence-Bring Me To Life

Digging always reveals golden examples, so this particular case prompted me to offer to all lyrics fans a means/sidekick to look deeper. The package is as always FREE - it is called 'LYRICS-DIVER' (after the superb Dio's 'Holy Diver' song) - it is a command line tool working under Windows and Linux.

LZ_predator_r3+_Windows_Linux_LYRICS-DIVER.zip

Many thanks go to Kaggle.com - the nifty Machine-Learning site, the corpora are theirs.

Lots of instances were found in the small (57,650 strong) and big (half-a-million strong) lyrics repositories:
Small, contexts housing 149 hits: over_55000_English_song_lyrics_contexts.txt
Big, contexts housing 1071 hits: over_500000_English_song_lyrics_contexts.txt

This is how the contexts look like (the pattern is in the middle of the excerpt, surrounded by some 300 bytes giving the context):

Context #0,000,000,043 (680bytes or less long) holding the 'come undone' pattern found at line #0,000,197,371:
[...f coffee getting cold

And I can't stay alone tonight
Can't let another day go by
Why is it always this way?
Time never seems to really fly
And time is never really on my side
Things have to change and they might
But I can't stay alone tonight

Bruised in this cold war of words
We've come undone two loose ends alone
Possessed by that curse you've endured
The spell that I cast couldn't make you come home

Can't let another day go by
Why is it always this way?
Time never seems to really fly
And time is never really on my side
Things have t...] /Lyrics_for_55000+_songs_in_English/

Context #0,000,000,044 (680bytes or less long) holding the 'come undone' pattern found at line #0,000,222,452:
[...ng you down into my core
Where I've become so numb, without a soul
My spirit's sleeping somewhere cold
Until you find it there and lead it back home

Wake me up, wake me up inside I can't wake up,
Wake me up inside, save me,
Call my name and save me from the dark, wake me up
Bid my blood to run, I can't wake up
Before I come undone, save me
Save me from the nothing I've become

Now that I know what I'm without
You can't just leave me
Breathe into me and make me real, bring me to life

Wake me up, wake me up inside I can't wake up,
Wake me up inside, save me,
Call my name and save me from the dark, wake me up
Bid my blood to run, I can...] /Lyrics_for_55000+_songs_in_English/

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1u1GHjKCH6MW_4CTsjULSY9pB9N3YjLfd/view?usp=sharing

He learns not to learn and reverts to what all men pass by.
leonAzul
Posted: Friday, November 17, 2017 3:20:44 AM

Neurons: 27,420
How did you miss the best of all?

Guess Who - She's Come Undone

Quote:
It's too late.
She's gone too far.
She's lost the sun.
She's come undone!

"Make it go away, Mrs Whatsit," he whispered. "Make it go away. It's evil."
Sanmayce
Posted: Tuesday, November 21, 2017 4:02:52 PM

Heh-heh, glad that you shared this usage. A must-have for a bar/restaurant background sound, (is there a word for 'background sound', we have literally the same 'фоново озвучаване' but also the 'аудиофон' monolith word counterpart).

Recently, too often I catch myself not able to make my mind about topics despite having a lot of info, 'come/am undone' is one of these cases.
For example, the excellent resource on living language UD features only one definition which has nothing to do with afore mentioned ones:
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=come%20undone
Wonder, how 500+ Americans chose 'feel sadness' as primary usage.

I wanna deepen the diving by asking what are the TFD top definitions of 'come undone', the Undun song adds another unknown aspect, isn't it?

leonAzul, what 'She has come undone' means? Listened like ten times to the song and couldn't reach a final verdict.

Having searched for "she's come" into 500,000 lyrics corpus found only this occurrence (The Guess Who's Undun is missing):

Context #0,000,000,468 (680bytes or less long) holding the 'come undone' pattern found at line #0,009,280,271:
[...y
A songbird that can't find a sound
She's an apple waiting for an eye
She's a queen with a broken crown

The first to come and the last to go
She's the one that no one knows
A precious jewel for someone to find
Dancing alone in the pale blue light

CHORUS

She's seen the sun and she knows the rain
She's come undone and come back again
You can look in her eyes you can see the the sign
Of the tracks of the tears she's cried

CHORUS

",Queen with a Broken Crown
Blackie & the Rodeo Kings,"People all arising
In the morning bright and breezy
Thinking back to yesterday
W...] /Lyrics_for_500000+_songs_in_English/

Think that these two lyrics have a common thread.

This guy Fuad Yahya brought the idea of 'undoing' the ... 'done':
https://www.proz.com/kudoz/English/art_literary/373427-shes_come_undone.html

While skimming over the "has come" hits within the attached big file found this:
Tokio Hotel - Great Day
And my eyes are swollen
It is way too hard to see
And my head is in clouds
But your voice is too loud
Only cigarettes to breathe
The sun will follow our way
Can you feel it?
Our shadows disappear
Gone forever
We don't belong to anyone
All we are has come undone

This one adds more to the usages, no?

leonAzul
Posted: Thursday, November 23, 2017 11:44:00 AM

Sanmayce wrote:
Heh-heh, glad that you shared this usage. A must-have for a bar/restaurant background sound, (is there a word for 'background sound', we have literally the same 'фоново озвучаване' but also the 'аудиофон' monolith word counterpart).

'Background sound' works for me. A fancier expression would be 'ambient sound', or even 'ambience', although the latter could also refer to all of the environment—the light, the smell, the temperature, the type of people, etc.—and not just the sound.

Sanmayce wrote:
For example, the excellent resource on living language UD features only one definition which has nothing to do with afore mentioned ones:
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=come%20undone
Wonder, how 500+ Americans chose 'feel sadness' as primary usage.

You are, of course, familiar with the concept of GIGO?
Angel

'Votes' for the 'best' definition at UD are more typically for the most amusing rather than the most accurate.
;-)

Sanmayce wrote:

I wanna deepen the diving by asking what are the TFD top definitions of 'come undone', the Undun song adds another unknown aspect, isn't it?

leonAzul, what 'She has come undone' means? Listened like ten times to the song and couldn't reach a final verdict.

Having searched for "she's come" into 500,000 lyrics corpus found only this occurrence (The Guess Who's Undun is missing):

No doubt because the title of the song is Undone. To come 'undun' would be to get those pesky debt collectors off your back.
Whistle

To paraphrase the dictionary definitions, 'to come undone' is 'to become nullified'. In other words, a knot or bow that is untied has come undone; a rope that is unraveled has come undone; a successful person who loses everything but what they started with has come undone. It's like starting from 0, achieving +1, then returning to 0 suddenly. It's not exactly the same as being destroyed, which would be by analogy going to -1. In some ways it is worse, because instead of having the solace of seeing oneself as the victim of outrageous fortune, one appears totally inept and impotent.

Sanmayce
Posted: Friday, November 24, 2017 1:33:15 PM

Thanks.

GIGO resembles WYSIWYG, the UD might be called the 'Trash Dictionary' easily or more poetically 'The Garbage Collector Dictionary' or the even more stylized "Goodwill Dictionary", Applause
What you know about rockin' a wolf on your noggin?
What you knowin' about wearin' a fur fox skin?
I'm digging, I'm digging, I'm searching right through that luggage
One man's trash, that's another man's come-up
Thank your granddad for donating that plaid button-up shirt
'Cause right now I'm up in her stuntin'
I'm at the Goodwill, you can find me in the (Uptons)
I'm not, I'm not stuck, I'm searchin' in that section (Uptons)
/MACKLEMORE & RYAN LEWIS - THRIFT SHOP FEAT. WANZ/

Love that song/clip, "(Goodwill... poppin' tags... yeah!)" is my thing too. The snobbish attitude in shopping or in language is beautifully exposed inthere.
Love 'Urban Dictionary' for its asitisness, to hyphen it - as-it-is-ness Boo hoo!

As for, ambient, yes, there is even a "style" in music called that, but as you said it is mapped onto environment as well, I think mostly on the latter. The main feature of such not foreground music being soothing and surrounding - not "invasive".

The digital ... analogy you have been giving - me likey, again.

leonAzul wrote:

'Votes' for the 'best' definition at UD are more typically for the most amusing rather than the most accurate.
;-)

Yes, yet these thumbuppers are the common folk that I would ask for "mainstreamish" living language hints.

As for adding some additional nuances (or rather different notions) my desire is to look up more closely to the usages, I see more to it (not just the most popular).

I like it when I feel your touch
I like it...
I like it so much
I like it when we're one on one
I like it when we come undone
I like it when we go to extremes
/Narcotic Thrust - 'I like it'/

Context #0,000,000,025 (680bytes or less long) holding the 'come undone' pattern found at line #0,000,581,199:
[...rl (I'm in love with)
Girl, girl, girl (I'm in love with)
Girl, girl
",A Girl Like You
John Travolta,"I don't know what I like about you, baby
But I'm wakin' up in firelight
Spinning like a crazy wheel
Feels so good to be in love again
I don't know why I love to love you, baby
But your touchin' somethin' in my soul
Suddenly I've come undone

And I'm not questioning what's goin' on today
Whatever's happenin' don't let it go away
And I say I don't know what I like about you, baby
Maybe, it's you

A million 'thank you, babe's would just get in the way
So I say I don't know what...] /Lyrics_for_500000+_songs_in_English/

My take is that 'come undone' is used in above two instances as 'get down' variant i.e. lowering the inhibitions and become open to the surrounding mood, no?

leonAzul
Posted: Friday, November 24, 2017 3:48:35 PM

Sanmayce wrote:

Context #0,000,000,025 (680bytes or less long) holding the 'come undone' pattern found at line #0,000,581,199:
[...rl (I'm in love with)
Girl, girl, girl (I'm in love with)
Girl, girl
",A Girl Like You
John Travolta,"I don't know what I like about you, baby
But I'm wakin' up in firelight
Spinning like a crazy wheel
I don't know why I love to love you, baby
But your touchin' somethin' in my soul
Suddenly I've come undone

Whatever's happenin' don't let it go away
And I say I don't know what I like about you, baby
Maybe, it's you

A million 'thank you, babe's would just get in the way
So I say I don't know what...] /Lyrics_for_500000+_songs_in_English/

My take is that 'come undone' is used in above two instances as 'get down' variant i.e. lowering the inhibitions and become open to the surrounding mood, no?

In this example I would apply the notion of "become unraveled", like a tightly twisted rope. The sense, to me, is that the speaker's composure, or "coolth", has been disturbed by his emotions.

My memory is often faulty, but I believe the word "coolth" was invented by Harlan Ellison as an antonym to "warmth": something warm has warmth, so something cool ought to have "coolth".
Dancing

Sanmayce
Posted: Saturday, November 25, 2017 5:49:43 AM

leonAzul wrote:

In this example I would apply the notion of "become unraveled", like a tightly twisted rope. The sense, to me, is that the speaker's composure, or "coolth", has been disturbed by his emotions.

My memory is often faulty, but I believe the word "coolth" was invented by Harlan Ellison as an antonym to "warmth": something warm has warmth, so something cool ought to have "coolth".
Dancing

Cool/hot mintage is 'coolth'.
One way of looking at it using your digital analogy, the stack is shuffled:
-1 Come undone
0 Coolth
+1 Warmth

In a way, 'come undone' equals your 'nullified' state - devoid of control/passion/temperature - which is what my 'get down' maps onto.
I start to think 'come undone' points to a zennish state where the person losses one's baggage and returns to the original unburdened state.

leonAzul
Posted: Sunday, November 26, 2017 12:18:02 PM

Sanmayce wrote:

Cool/hot mintage is 'coolth'.
One way of looking at it using your digital analogy, the stack is shuffled:
-1 Come undone
0 Coolth
+1 Warmth

In a way, 'come undone' equals your 'nullified' state - devoid of control/passion/temperature - which is what my 'get down' maps onto.
I start to think 'come undone' points to a zennish state where the person losses one's baggage and returns to the original unburdened state.

We can agree to disagree about that. To my mind a 'zennish' state is rather orthogonal to the simple -1—0—+1 scale. It's a place where one can accept achievement or loss without identifying with it.

Quote:
Achieve results,
But never glory in them.
Achieve results,
But never boast.
Achieve results,
But never be proud.
Achieve results,
Because this is the natural way.

Daodeqing #30

Sanmayce
Posted: Monday, November 27, 2017 8:28:37 AM

Nice put, yes I still didn't make up my mind on what 'come undone' covers, sometimes I am not clear as I should, throwing some feelings dressed into quick wording.
At the time of writing '-1 = Come Undone' my notion was giving The Absolute Zero - the bottom of the scale where motion ceases to be, not accurate but the idea was the moving to stop - either thinking or planning or feeling - just be. If I get what you are meaning, you speak of transcendent state, whereas I mean "within the picture" but stopped for observation. On my mind was some freezing (as opposed to coolth and warmth states) of the picture, or as Carlos Castaneda extensively described - 'stopping of the world'. As for the beautiful wording of Lao Zi, agreed fully, but another passage was on my mind - the natural simplicity of untouched piece of wood.

This excerpt pictures it quite well:
“Raw silk” and “uncut wood”

Forget the rules.
Be untroubled.

The footnote says it all - su simple/plain and pu natural/honest characters, yet 'come undone' is still eluding - not mapping onto these.

One of the eight meanings given by The comprehensive Chinese character dictionary Hanyu Da Zidian is "simple; plain; unadorned; unaffected".
My current understanding is that 'come undone' has a lot to do with the last two 'unadorned' and 'unaffected'.

By the way, Wikipedia's article about 'pu' is really good:
Chapter 19 parallels the near-synonyms su 素 "raw silk; white; plain; simple; quiet" and pu 樸 "unworked wood; plain; simple", and was the source for Ge Hong's pen-name Baopuzi "Master who Embraces Simplicity".

Evince the plainness of undyed silk, Embrace the simplicity of the unhewn log; Lessen selfishness, Diminish desires; Abolish learning and you will be without worries. (19, tr. Mair 1990:81)

Holmes Welch (1957:35) describes pu "the Uncarved Block" and su "Raw Silk" as symbols that Laozi used to expound his basic doctrine of "the return to our original nature". In modern usage, pu and su mean "plain," but originally pu "was wood as it came from the tree before man had dressed it", while su "was silk that man had never dyed or painted."

To stress it, I see his basic doctrine of "the return to our original nature" overlaps with 'come undone'.

For more than two decades Haddaway's "Fly Away" supervideoclip stays with me as one of the best representations of going to that state of 'unraveling the knot':
It's a dream of worlds in motion
And another place and time
I guess I'm feeling lost
In the home I thought was mine

It's a universal notion
Life is just a battlefield
Open your heart for someone
Nothing is revealed

Fly away
You can leave it all behind you
I'm on my way to find you
And I'll soon be flying too

Fly away
We can fly away together
I'm talking 'bout forever
This is all we gotta do, fly away

It's a tangled up emotion
Will you stay or will you go?
I am the one to count on
If only you w/could know

Fly away
You can leave it all behind you
I'm on my way to find you
And I'll soon be flying too

Fly away
We can fly away together
I'm talking 'bout forever
This is all we gotta do, fly away

/Haddaway - 'Fly Away' Lyrics/

Is "I guess I'm feeling lost" not a variant of 'come undone'?
Yo see, the 'un-entangle-ment' or 'dis-entangle-ment', to me, is yet another disguised usage of 'come undone' - with the master notion of being enfreed of tangles/knots of mundane world.

Currently, I see 'come undone' loaded with "negative", "positive" (as in John Travolta and others lyrics) nuances. As for the "neutral" ones, to be digged out.

When the wood is carved
it becomes useful
yet the sage remains ...
with the uncarved

Certainly, when ready with all my corpora, I intend to do the most extensive overview on 'come undone', covering among others (Gamera/Wikipedia, Dictionaries) and my latest supermine - the 'reddit' corpus of CSV(JSON) lines (~1.8TB strong) featuring 2+ billion comments - to see what common folks (as those building UD) have to say about ... usage of mainstream English. Simply, I will look up as many as possible usages of 'come undone' and will make my own rating of the literal/figurative senses.

Sanmayce
Posted: Tuesday, November 28, 2017 3:57:56 PM

Just saw a lovely example of human fidelity towards dog, rare:
Guy Thinks Nobody's Watching When He Kneels Over Old Dog

... watched their old friend "come alive" ...

Made me think of all the 'come+' bigrams (adjectival/adverbial, mostly). Strange, the closing (at the end) song from 'Roadhouse' movie classic came to mind as well, it goes "the night comes falling". Wonder whether 'comes undoing' is a plausible/understandable phrase, in a different but similar incoming event as quickdarkening!

leonAzul, could you explain your take on that couplet:

Ho! I've got a little love
I've come to let my feeling joy
You've been away too long baby
As in the go Man go yeah!

- The second verse, cannot make sense of it, as if 'joy' is not the word in use. Love how his gestures at 2:00 mark, they say 'shown', that is, he allowed his feelings go outward.
- Is the 'go Man' same as 'go-to man' or entirely elsething (heh-heh, was about to write 'something else' but thought of 'elsewhere')?

Wonderful, felt it, but failed to get the meaning.

Not by the way, I salute you with this with-heart (as Brad Wesley would say in Roadhouse) supervideosong.
Never thought that will hear such a voice as in 'Barry White - Put Me In Your Mix', wrong, Low Deep T proves the betterment is ever ongoing and best is yet to come. I mean, they are superb in their own right, but the diverse neverending source of fine stuff is constantly being revealed by super artists.

She has a beautiful smile
And an incredible style
No matter how long it is been
I can't get her out of my mind, no!
So tell me what do you say
Giving myself the blues
I am as well admit to it
I need her back, in my life
Life... x 20

I think I left the love of my life
Behind
In Casablanca ha!
I've got to buy myself a ticket
Tonight
Got to go there, where?
Casablanca ha! hooow!
Casa, hey!
You're holding my love, howow!
Casa, hey!
You're holding my love, got to go
There now!
Hey, ah!

Behind
In Casablanca ha!
Tonight
Got to go there, where?
Casablanca ha! hoo!
Casa, hey!
You're holding my love, howow!
Casa, hey!
You're holding my love, wow wow wow
Wowow!
Yeah!

Even if it is the last fight, heh!
I've got to leave tonight
I've got no other choice
I need to hear a voice, voice again
Behind
In Casablanca ha!
Tonight
Got to go there, where?
Casablanca ha! hooow!
Check Out
Casa,
Tonight
Got to go there, where?
Casablanca ha! hooow!
Casa, hey!
You're holding my love, ha!
Casa, hey!
You're holding my love, got to go
There now!
Hey!, she's the love of my life
How!, she's the love of my life
Hahaay, I get her back
She's the love of my life
Oohow, she's the love of my life
Ahay!, I get her back
How!, she's the love of my life
Ahay!, I get her back
I need her back, I need her back
Oh!, I need her back in my life
Howow! Casa
You've got my love now

/Low Deep T - Casablanca Lyrics | MetroLyrics/

Having watched it many times, noticed the white thread within:
girl+blanca
car+blanca
cup+blanca
suit+blanca
Following the Spanish pattern:
chica+blanca=chicablanca
coche+blanca=cocheblanca
taza+blanca=tazablanca
traje+blanca=trajeblanca

leonAzul
Posted: Thursday, November 30, 2017 1:43:29 PM

Sanmayce wrote:

leonAzul, could you explain your take on that couplet:

- The second verse, cannot make sense of it, as if 'joy' is not the word in use. Love how his gestures at 2:00 mark, they say 'shown', that is, he allowed his feelings go outward.
- Is the 'go Man' same as 'go-to man' or entirely elsething (heh-heh, was about to write 'something else' but thought of 'elsewhere')?

Wonderful, felt it, but failed to get the meaning.

These are the lyrics as I hear them:
Quote:
I've got to let her know
I've come to let my feelings show.
You've been away too long, Baby.
It's time to come undone, yeah!

I thought the stylized Raï beat was a particularly clever detail.

leonAzul
Posted: Thursday, November 30, 2017 2:13:19 PM

Sanmayce wrote:
Just saw a lovely example of human fidelity towards dog, rare:
Guy Thinks Nobody's Watching When He Kneels Over Old Dog

... watched their old friend "come alive" ...

Made me think of all the 'come+' bigrams (adjectival/adverbial, mostly). Strange, the closing (at the end) song from 'Roadhouse' movie classic came to mind as well, it goes "the night comes falling". Wonder whether 'comes undoing' is a plausible/understandable phrase, in a different but similar incoming event as quickdarkening!

I can't recall that usage in anything written or sung, but I see no reason why it couldn't work. I would hear it as someone coming around as a trouble maker, creating a disturbance.
Whistle

Sanmayce
Posted: Monday, December 4, 2017 5:09:44 PM

Thanks. Like your version much more. Makes more sense, anyway. On top of that, even it is not what is sung, it plays out well.
I asked Low Deep T himself (via Twitter) about correctness of this couplet.

As for 'comes undoing', it didn't occur to me this notion at all, it seems like Steven King's Langoliers who eat the continuum, scary. What I had on mind was something that strips the load taken throughout the day, something that relaxes as strong drink or immersive live music - all Roadhouse related. Guess the phrase used as literal not figurative one, just undoing/unloading the burden, thus my perception would be all-positive. As in my dummy example, "In Roadhouse, the [incoming] waves of whiskey and live music come undoing."

Sanmayce
Posted: Tuesday, June 5, 2018 7:10:38 AM

Found three extra ways to express come-undone-ity...

Vocabularywise, the song lyrics are such a treasure depot, while listening to random superb songs three phrases have hit me:

The final blast was coming near
Now I'm caught in razor wire

A flash in the night
My despair was caught in motion.

I'm searching for something
That's lost in my heart
I'm falling apart
If this is my destiny
I've got to believe
The passion inside me
Has left me to bleed

Maxthor - Flamingos

Another time, another world
Flamingos fly into the storm
and their cries are getting higher
I was so blind I couldn't see
the tragic fate that burnt in me
Now I cross this land of fire

All the stars are gone, I fall on my knees
Every hope is drowned in a painted sea
Don't believe a word, I won't change my mind
What I'm looking for is so hard to find
It's so hard to find

All my fears come true
As I always knew
All my fears come true
I'll be away from you
when all my fears come true

Another world, another time
A drifting moon losing its shine
Don't know what's my true desire
I was so numb I couldn't hear
the final blast was coming near
Now I'm caught in razor wire

Secret Service - Flash In The Night

As a break of dawn came closer
All my hopes seemed so forlorn.
The misty signs of laughter
And the light eluded all.
My despair was caught in motion

A face just barely true -
Shadows in blue.

A flash in the night . . .
In the changing of the season
Releasing one lost name.
The scar once healed forever
Dissolving in the rain.
A twig snapped in the clearing

A glimpse of golden skin

My face within

My despair was caught in motion.
A face just barely true -
Shadows in blue.

Judas Priest - Exiled - (from Nostradamus metal opera)

I must leave from fear they send
Journey with the dawn
As I take the winding road
Bow my head forlorn
Now I must go
I'm banished in exile
I wander this land
No faith in the future
I'm in their command
Cross over the mountains
And valleys so wide
I walk as I wonder
With hope by my side
All my friends are far away
How I miss my home
Where do I find peace of mind
Guide me as I roam
I cry for you
I'm banished in exile
To meet their demand
Rejected messiah
They don't understand
I'm searching for something
That's lost in my heart
God knows I'm a sinner
I'm falling apart
If this is my destiny
I've got to believe
The passion inside me
Has left me to bleed