The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Australia's New Huge Coal Mine Options
Hope123
Posted: Friday, November 3, 2017 12:54:35 PM

Neurons: 47,638
I just read in "The Lancet", a trusted medical report of world medical news, that because of the increased earth temperature, many infectious diseases have increased in incidence recently. Vol.390 | Number 10107 | Nov 04, 2017

For example, there has been a "doubling of cases of dengue fever every decade since 1990. The report shows a 46% increase between 2000 and 2016 in the frequency of extreme weather events." And we know the effects of those extreme weather events all too well - economic and health.

It also mentions in relation to this, that although many countries are doing their best to contribute to limiting the use of fossil fuels, some are not. For example, Australia is planning to open a huge new coal mine. I was surprised and researched the info.

This is a link to a discussion of this and if there is more discussion, please add it.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/aug/16/why-adanis-planned-carmichael-coalmine-matters-to-australia-and-the-world

The past is to be respected/acknowledged, not worshipped. It is in our future we will find our greatness. Pierre Trudeau