The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

looking for an adjective about acting Options
robjen
Posted: Wednesday, October 18, 2017 1:33:49 PM

Neurons: 2,255
One of my friends likes acting a lot. He is not a talented actor, yet he shows a lot of qualities needed for an actor. I have come up with an adjective to describe him. But, I am not sure if it is correct.

(ex) My friend is dramatic.

I think the adjective is not appropriate. Could someone suggest a better adjective to me? Thanks a lot.
georgieporgie
Posted: Wednesday, October 18, 2017 2:56:22 PM

Neurons: 440
robjen wrote:
One of my friends likes acting a lot. He is not a talented actor, yet he shows a lot of qualities needed for an actor. I have come up with an adjective to describe him. But, I am not sure if it is correct.

I think the adjective is not appropriate. Could someone suggest a better adjective to me? Thanks a lot.

You can Google "actor synonyms" to see what fits. If you actually want an adjective to describe what type of actor he is, that's impossible for others who don't know him.
TheParser
Posted: Monday, October 30, 2017 8:18:32 AM

Neurons: 22,062
robjen wrote:

NOT A TEACHER

"My friend Tom is not an especially talented actor, but I am sure that he will do very well in show business because he is very extroverted."
Romany
Posted: Monday, October 30, 2017 11:38:15 AM

Neurons: 40,153

As someone said above, without knowing your friend it's difficult to say. However, note that the word "extrovert" is no more apt for someone who is an actor than is any other word.Some actors are extroverts, some aren't. Just as some are gay and some aren't, or some are serious while some are funny.

We have a slang saying for someone like your friend: it's "Drama Queen". Some people can make a visit to the shops sound like an adventure; or they over-react; or they are always finding things "mysterious"; or they let all their feelings out regularly;....they're Drama Queens. We use it for both sexes, but if it sounds funny to you to call a boy a Queen, you called always called him a Drama King!