The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Could Hitting a Home Run Produce Gravitational Waves? Options
Daemon
Posted: Thursday, October 12, 2017 5:00:00 AM

Neurons: 66,918
Could Hitting a Home Run Produce Gravitational Waves?

Albert Einstein predicted a century ago that any orbiting pair of objects would make ripples in space-time and create gravitational waves. On Tuesday, a trio of researchers at Caltech and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology won the Nobel Prize in physics for ... More...
hedy mmm
Posted: Thursday, October 12, 2017 9:57:57 AM

Neurons: 431,353
Although little excitement about our NY Yankees among TFDers...

Today's "In the News" topic 'Could a Home Run Produce Gravitational Waves?' Is a MUST READ.

So I post again, (thank you Daemon for the article, perfect for the day after a 5-2 win) so, I've pulled a quote relating to baseball, while we entertain the topic and continue to revel in the NY Yankees! Dancing Dancing

"Einstein's theory of general relativity predicted that any accelerating mass has the potential to generate gravitational waves. This means that theoretically even a baseball hit off a player’s bat could produce ripples in the fabric of space-time. But how big are these ripples?"

Answer:
They are tiny, tiny ripples...but who cares? Probably just the trio that won the Nobel Peace Price in Physics...I wonder how much baseball they watch? Think

Again I say "Great news item Daemon...thank you" Applause
hedy

"God graced us with today....don't waste it." hedy