mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Worth of reading Options
Jyrkkä Jätkä
Posted: Monday, October 09, 2017 3:25:03 PM

Neurons: 308,252
I found this funny ;-)

NY Times: The Republican's Guide to Presidential Etiquette

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.
tunaafi
Posted: Monday, October 09, 2017 3:34:33 PM

Neurons: 53,498
It woudl be funny if it weren't so sadly and embarrassingly true.
taurine
Posted: Monday, October 09, 2017 4:48:59 PM

Neurons: 54,948
Hereby I wish to refer myself to the words cited below:
"Mock a foreign leader with a demeaning nickname and threaten his country with nuclear annihilation over Twitter"
As to the North Korea I may say that the people living there are not that crazy.

I have never been to the North Korea but I have known at least two of their citizens.
And they are not crazy.
They are different, that is for sure. But all of those political advisers telling stories about the North Korea as a country loving nuclear war should have been dismissed. The opinions voiced by the allegedly opinionated experts does not surprise me because most of the politicians of countries in charge of international politics are lacking in knowledge, but they are still bragging about their experience.
What is the experience of the politicians derived from what is a mystery to me.

It is resembling a voice of a child who knows how to speak but does not know the meaning of the words. Or, perhaps, those politicians are treating themselves similar to Albert Einstein, discovering the new for the un[acquainted/befriended/familiar].

I have met more than two Northern Koreans while I was in the high school during a Summer. Many years ago. We were working as laborers on a construction site in a certain city in a certain country. They were very humble and friendly.
With one of them I went to the cinema and we were watching "The last emperor" movie made by certain Bernardo Bertolucci. [needless to say that the North Korea and the last emperor of China Pu Yi were not on the friendly terms]

The best part of the story is, because I learned from my Northern Korean friend how to swear in Korean, we were swearing against each other on the bus. And to my delight, nobody could understand a word.

To summarize. Why politicians are allowed to express their opinions against other people loudly? Because the people who chose them are like their representatives? No. Because the representatives of the people who have chosen them are expressing their own opinion which is not reasonable, but up to the majority of the voice calling for it without knowing the whole story which is too complicated to share with the population who chose them.
Or, actually they cannot deliver their message reasonably.
Wilmar (USA)
Posted: Monday, October 09, 2017 4:51:58 PM

Neurons: 196,157
Go Pres. TRUMP!

We're still with you!
Don't be distracted by the sore losers, or those who don't what's important!
whatson
Posted: Monday, October 09, 2017 6:02:59 PM

Neurons: 2,389
HE avoids dictionaries, free or not.
This is not the best means to speak to HIM.

If I were a lame 'un, I wouldn't advertise it.
rroselavy
Posted: Monday, October 09, 2017 11:13:54 PM

Neurons: 11,482
Wilmar (USA) wrote:
Go Pres. TRUMP!

We're still with you!

What's missing here is knowledge. Those of us who know what's important are not with him and never were.

(Oh, and Jyrkkä Jätkä: "worth of reading" should be "worth reading"... and it is. Thank you.)
Hope123
Posted: Tuesday, October 10, 2017 12:31:06 AM

Neurons: 42,070
Thanks, JJ. The list went on and on. There are so many that we've forgotten the details but not the collective scandulous outcome.

Wilmar, nobody distracts him. He does it to himself. He's his own worst enemy.

An opinion piece in our paper today referred to the "country south of us as a failing state" and bemoaned that fact.

:::::

I actually liked President Obama in the tan suit the Republicans said was not presidential because it was not navy blue. 😇

A smile is a curve that sets everything straight. Phyllis Diller
Lotje1000
Posted: Tuesday, October 10, 2017 2:49:59 AM

Neurons: 392,150
Wilmar (USA) wrote:
Go Pres. TRUMP!

We're still with you!

Wellington: There's only one way to win a campaign: shout, shout and shout again.
Blackadder: You don't think that inspired leadership and tactical ability have anything to do with it?
Wellington: NO! It's all down to shouting! WAAAGHH!