The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

My political opinion of the day Options
TheParser
Posted: Tuesday, September 19, 2017 9:33:17 AM

Neurons: 22,062
This thread is intended ONLY for fair-minded people. You are invited to add any of your own opinions on any topic.

No. 1

I have just read that Ms. Hillary R. Clinton says that if it is proven that Russia was actually able to influence the 2016 election in Donald J. Trump's favor, then she might consider the possibility of going to court and challenging the validity of the election.

In my OPINION, such a statement is very harmful to the republic and is an indication of the sad state of Ms. Clinton's mind.

In 1960, many people felt that there were compelling reasons to believe that fraud (in Illinois and Texas) helped the Democratic candidate to win. The Republican candidate refused to lodge a complaint. He felt that it would not be good for our country.

Perhaps Ms. Clinton should work with all Democrats to find an attractive candidate who will have a good chance of beating the Republican candidate (be it President Trump or someone else) in 2020.
skwezbunt
Posted: Tuesday, September 19, 2017 9:49:20 AM

Neurons: 284,804
well done! Should be a model for others to follow!
TheParser
Posted: Tuesday, September 19, 2017 10:10:32 AM

skwezbunt wrote:
well done! Should be a model for others to follow!

Thank so much!

Have a nice day.
hedy mmm
Posted: Tuesday, September 19, 2017 10:55:32 AM

Neurons: 421,391
Yes, Well done!
Couldn't have said it better myself, my friend!

"God graced us with today....don't waste it." hedy
Andrew Schultz
Posted: Tuesday, September 19, 2017 12:18:09 PM

Neurons: 804,579
Okay, I'll bite.

It's not a matter of opinion whether accepting help from a foreign government/entity is illegal. Robert Mueller and his team are discovering the scope of aid that was given. Mueller got a warrant for FBI agents to break into Paul Manafort's home without knocking. This sort of thing requires a lot of evidence. How big must the scope be before we say it's too much?

Unfortunately, voter suppression occurs in many forms, and not just to Republicans in the 1960s. ("Many sides?") I think there are a lot of common sense ways to register people to vote that could happen but don't, and Democrats can and should focus on that.

I remember hearing for so long that "crooked Cook County" tipped the election to Kennedy, when only Illinois would not have given Nixon the electoral votes he needed. In some versions, Texas has been added to the mix as well, just to get the EVs to 270. The Illinois/Texas vote rigging accusation has always been out there. Here are two takes on it, from long ago and from more recent.

Of course, the Republican candidate was Nixon, who had a history of being Nixonian. Of saying, for instance, "I'm not opposing this, but some people might..." Of using particularly shadowy political tactics.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/history_lesson/2000/10/was_nixon_robbed.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2017/08/08/heres-a-voter-fraud-myth-richard-daley-stole-illinois-for-john-kennedy-in-the-1960-election/?utm_term=.785e63042dc9

Democrats do need to focus on running the best candidates in 2018 and organizing the fight against Graham-Cassidy. And they need to fight against gerrymandering, excessive hurdles to vote registration, and other things that make people feel their votes don't really matter. Then, there will be less need to worry about narrow margins in Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin.

But they can and should definitely have several initiatives going on at once.

I think Senator/Secretary Clinton has been calm and collected under the circumstances. Trump's obsession with her has been disturbing for a while, but things like retweeting the GIF of him hitting a golf ball and her falling over are beyond bizarre.

If Clinton had said this around January 20th, you'd have more of a point. But evidence is piling up. Trump knows it. Clinton probably knew things she couldn't say, from when she had security clearance as a candidate. A lot of things she said in the debates already turned out right.

I particularly enjoy the idiom section of this fine website.
TheParser
Posted: Wednesday, September 20, 2017 6:39:36 AM

hedy mmm wrote:
Yes, Well done!

Thank you very much.

Have a nice day!
TheParser
Posted: Wednesday, September 20, 2017 7:42:14 AM

Andrew Schultz wrote:
Okay, I'll bite.

I see that you have decided to disobey an individual named "Leon" from Florida who wrote (in the thread "Trump thinks ....") that individuals should not "feed it [the troll] any more," i.e., individuals should not reply to the Parser's posts. (My two biggest enemies have also ignored his advice!)

I disagree almost completely with your comments, but -- being extremely fair-minded -- I admit that of all the anti-Trump posters, you do come across as the most rational. The other Trump haters are suffering badly from TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome), i.e., They are out of their minds about what happened on November 8, 2016.

If more posters in this forum expressed themselves as you do, perhaps there would actually be some worthwhile discussions.

tunaafi
Posted: Wednesday, September 20, 2017 9:32:18 AM

Neurons: 53,498
TheParser wrote:
TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome)

That would seem to be a more appropriate term for the mental state of those who believe that the pussy-grabbing, narcissistic charlatan who was elected last November is an honest, honourable man selflessly doing his best for the American people.
Andrew Schultz
Posted: Wednesday, September 20, 2017 4:27:09 PM

tunaafi wrote:
TheParser wrote:
TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome)

That would seem to be a more appropriate term for the mental state of those who believe that the pussy-grabbing, narcissistic charlatan who was elected last November is an honest, honourable man selflessly doing his best for the American people.

You know, it's the darndest thing. I think they stole the term from the Left's "Clinton derangement syndrome" and "Obama derangement syndrome."

And when I say Clinton, it was first BILL Clinton who was the subject. He had an affair with an intern once, you know. It may or may not* have gotten a lot of coverage. If you've forgotten, Fox News still helps us remember, whenever there's the slightest link.

Bush Derangement Syndrome (George W., not George H.) may have been a thing. I don't know. When Obama was elected, I forgot about him, and he seemed to want to avoid public life, too.

I did see a video where Jimmy Kimmel interviewed him and he seemed to have learned humility.

But the Right steals and rebrands all our good stuff.

* this is a very loaded phrase.

almo 1
Posted: Thursday, September 21, 2017 12:17:35 AM

Neurons: 4,324
TheParser wrote:
Andrew Schultz wrote:
Okay, I'll bite.

I see that you have decided to disobey an individual named "Leon" from Florida who wrote (in the thread "Trump thinks ....") that individuals should not "feed it [the troll] any more," i.e., individuals should not reply to the Parser's posts. (My two biggest enemies have also ignored his advice!)

I disagree almost completely with your comments, but -- being extremely fair-minded -- I admit that of all the anti-Trump posters, you do come across as the most rational. The other Trump haters are suffering badly from TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome), i.e., They are out of their minds about what happened on November 8, 2016.

If more posters in this forum expressed themselves as you do, perhaps there would actually be some worthwhile discussions.

smile in agreement

TheParser
Posted: Thursday, September 21, 2017 5:34:38 AM

almo 1 wrote:

smile in agreement

Thanks!

We need more smiles in this forum.

The hatred of so many posters is palpable.

Have a nice day!

tunaafi
Posted: Thursday, September 21, 2017 5:39:28 AM

TheParser wrote:
The hatred of so many posters is palpable.

Yes. I have noticed that there is member who seems to hate so many posters.
TheParser
Posted: Thursday, September 21, 2017 7:30:09 AM

No. 2

Mr. B. is an American television personality.

Mr. B.'s program shows him visiting many countries and introducing his viewers to the local cuisine.

Mr. B. recently, for example, shared a meal in Vietnam with former President Obama.

Mr. B.'s program is entertaining and informative.

I admired Mr. B. -- until yesterday.

I have just learned three things about Mr. B.:

1. He says that he has "utter contempt" for President Trump. (That's his right.)
2. He says that he will never patronize a restaurant affiliated with the Trump organization. (That's his right.)
3. He recently "joked" that if he were to cook a meal for President Trump, he would _ _ _ _ _ _ President Trump's food. (In my OPINION, that kind of humor is NOT acceptable in today's polarized atmosphere.)

If any TV personality had "joked" about President Obama like that, all hell would have broken out.

I can no longer bear to watch Mr. B.'s program.

Lotje1000
Posted: Thursday, September 21, 2017 7:39:20 AM

Neurons: 384,309
For someone so keen on informing, TheParser gives information sparingly. For those interested, the answer to TheParser's little hangman game is "poison" and the Mr. B. he is referring to is Anthony Bourdain.

TheParser also doesn't mention that this would be for the meal served to both Trump and Kim Jong Un. It seems he doesn't mind jokes about poisoning the North Korean leader's food.
tunaafi
Posted: Thursday, September 21, 2017 7:59:25 AM

Lotje1000 wrote:
TheParser also doesn't mention that this would be for the meal served to both Trump and Kim Jong Un.

I have searched around on Google, and most of the reports on the incident mention only Trump, at least in the headlines.

The 'joke', actually a quick response ("Hemlock") to a question about what he would serve to Trump and Kim if he were catering for them is hardly the crime of the century when seen in context. A media blow-up over nothing.
TheParser
Posted: Friday, September 22, 2017 7:24:01 AM

No. 3

In my OPINION, all Americans should be proud of Melania, the First Lady.

She walks like a lady.
She dresses elegantly.
She speaks demurely (carefully scripted, of course).

In my OPINION, she is a model for all girls and women.

Even the "liberal" media, by and large, have refrained from belittling her.

At this time of horrific political polarization in the world's most important country, it's a great consolation that almost all Americans admire (or at least are indifferent toward) our gracious and beautiful First Lady.

I envy nations that have a king or queen or emperor or ceremonial president. That person is above politics, so that person is able to concentrate on simply being the unifying symbol of state.

P.S. Several members have called my attention to one poster (only one) who has consistently made snide remarks about the First Lady. How sad and pathetic of that individual -- in my OPINION.

tunaafi
Posted: Friday, September 22, 2017 7:41:29 AM

TheParser wrote:

She walks like a lady.
She dresses elegantly.
She speaks demurely (carefully scripted, of course).

In my OPINION, she is a model for all girls and women.

I have no opinions about Melania. The suggestion that in walking like a lady, dressing elegantly , and speaking demurely she should be a model for all women is antediluvian.

I imagine you would approve of the advice in this video, James: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Lotje1000
Posted: Friday, September 22, 2017 8:10:45 AM

tunaafi wrote:

I have no opinions about Melania. The suggestion that in walking like a lady, dressing elegantly , and speaking demurely she should be a model for all women is antediluvian.

Women should be pretty and quiet. That's exactly the kind of gender expectation that was described in the study I mentioned here.
philips daughter
Posted: Friday, September 22, 2017 11:15:52 AM

Neurons: 19,835
Last night I watched The Three Amigos on antenna Tv. The scene with the singing bush suddenly reminded me of the AltBright folks. No matter what you say to them they always start singing a little ditty. They have no information, they have no song of their own but, you cont make them shut up.
TheParser
Posted: Sunday, September 24, 2017 7:06:11 AM

No. 4

Several (nice) members have noticed that a certain (not nice) individual calls me anti-gay. They want my comment.

In my OPINION. gays and straights can live together harmoniously if both groups follow these guidelines.

DON"T ASK. Everyone in my ideal society would consider gayness to be a non-issue.

* The police would never hunt down gay men.
* Gay bashers (insecure straight males who beat up gay men) would not exist.
* Churches would never preach anti-gay sermons.
* No organization would presume to "cure" gay people.

DON"T TELL. Gay people would live their lives as happily as they can while staying under the radar.

* They would not ask for gay marriage.
* They would not show affection in public.
* They would not hold annual marches in the street.

I do believe that there are many countries that already come close to my ideal society in regard to this topic.
Romany
Posted: Sunday, September 24, 2017 8:17:55 AM

Neurons: 40,018

"I do believe that there are many countries that already come close to my ideal society in regard to this topic".

I wonder why the names of these countries are not mentioned?

The only countries I know of that DON'T allow gay marriage; and which PROHIBIT public shows of affection; where people are NOT free to celebrate their culture; are not part of the "Free World" but are part of the regimes which the USA overtakes with guns and bombs and death of civilians in order to introduce them to the concept of freedom of the individual.

BTW - have the people who mentioned your anti-gayness read any of your posts from before you started your "Voice of the Downtrodden" campaign?

We do - of course - have gay posters. And black ones. And brown ones. And women. And people who are not American. Have all your "friends" seen all the many posts in which you insulted every one of those groups on a constant and daily basis?

But, if they don't want to go reading all those horrible posts, at least they DID read your conversation with the "lefty" poster you DO like, Chazlee, haven't they? Because they were so angry with you, weren't they?

Did they miss the reason WHY you though Chazlee was a good ole boy?

That was: - because he's American, according to your words.

I don't think there is anyone reading these forums who is naive enough to think it merely a co-incidence that the Big Three or the Three Amigos or whatever is the phrase du jour, are NOT American. Their treatment (including a direct attempt to nullify them completely by never referring to them by name, nor acknowledging their posts)was not, apparently, for the sin of speaking their minds, but because they aren't American.

Chazlee's remarks (which were far more directly insulting than anything we've ever said) were hailed as a making you feel like a "celebrity" however. As you said to her "because you are an American.".

Oh - and the people who were "accusing" Parsar of being racist? I'm sure, being so fair, he's explained that we weren't accusing? We were QUOTING. Parsar has told us he:

a)crosses the road rather than pass by a black person
c)will not get into a lift if the occupant(s) is black.

The posts are prolific and range from black people to brown people, to Japanese people, to Chinese people, to British and European people, to all gay people, all trannies, professional women, independent women, and everyone in the whole world who wears a hoodie. They are still available if there is any doubt.
tunaafi
Posted: Sunday, September 24, 2017 8:40:34 AM

TheParser wrote:

Gay people would live their lives as happily as they can while staying under the radar

* They would not ask for gay marriage.
* They would not show affection in public.
* They would not hold annual marches in the street.

Why on earth should people who happen to be gay be deprived of rights enjoyed by people who happen not to be gay?
tunaafi
Posted: Sunday, September 24, 2017 8:51:45 AM

TheParser wrote:

Several (nice) members have noticed that a certain (not nice) individual calls me anti-gay. They want my comment.

No link once again. Could you give us the title of the thread in which you have been called anti-gay? We can then see what comments led to this.

If it was comments from you that gays should not be allowed to show affection in public, marry, or go on marches, then the label seems quite justified.
Lotje1000
Posted: Monday, September 25, 2017 3:55:14 AM

I'd like to add the following article as "political opinion of the day": How Trump is ending the American era.

It underlines how Trump is undermining his own government, ideals and country by ruining alliances and destroying America's reputation (not to mention economy).
It's nothing that hasn't been mentioned before by members of the forum, however, this time it comes from someone who has been involved with previous governments and thus has first-hand experience.

The author highlights Trump's weaknesses one by one with objective precision and shows how the world responds:

Quote:
He can read speeches written for him by others, as he did in Warsaw on July 6, but he cannot himself articulate a worldview that goes beyond a teenager’s bluster. He lays out his resentments, insecurities, and obsessions on Twitter for all to see, opening up a gold mine to foreign governments seeking to understand and manipulate the American president.

Quote:
Foreign governments have adapted. They flatter Trump outrageously. [...] They take him to military parades; they talk tough-guy-to-tough-guy; they show him the kind of deference that only someone without a center can crave. And so he flip-flops: Paris was no longer “so, so out of control, so dangerous” once he’d had dinner in the Eiffel Tower; Xi Jinping, during an April visit to Mar-a-Lago, went from being the leader of a parasitic country intent on ripping off American workers to being “a gentleman” who “wants to do the right thing.” (By July, Trump was back to bashing China, for doing “NOTHING” to help us.)

Broader than just Trump's personal failings, the author also talks of the unstable government the president has created for himself, by comparison to previous presidents who had experienced staff members to rely on when unexpected international crises emerged.

Quote:
As old advisers and officials fall by the wayside—exhausted, disgraced, or both—the new ones will be more likely to accommodate a man they have known chiefly as “Mr. President” and whose favor has required self-abasement.

[...]

Behind each of those men were hundreds of experts and practitioners who had thought hard about the world, and had experience steering the external relations of the Great Republic.

But most of all, the article finishes with a mindset I can fully understand, as I experience it every time I check the news.

Quote:
Hearing him bully and brag, boast and bluster, threaten and lie, one feels a kind of dizziness, a sensation that underneath the throbbing pulse of routine scandal lies the potential for much worse. The kind of sensation, in fact, that accompanies dangerously high blood pressure, just before a sudden, excruciating pain.

TheParser
Posted: Monday, September 25, 2017 5:01:01 AM

No. 5

(American football is not the same sport that is called "football" In other countries.)

Before a professional American football game begins, all the spectators and players stand up when the band plays our national anthem.

Recently, a growing number of professional football players have refused to stand up.

Instead, they are kneeling.

They say that they are protesting alleged "racial inequality" in the United States of America.

A few days ago, President Trump said that such behavior on the part of those players was extremely disrespectful of their country.

In My OPINION, the President was right.

In my OPINION, those players could be more constructive if they spent their time encouraging their young fans to study hard at school and to behave themselves in their communities.

tunaafi
Posted: Monday, September 25, 2017 5:17:57 AM

Lotje1000 wrote:
Broader than just Trump's personal failings, the author also talks of the unstable government the president has created for himself, by comparison to previous presidents who had experienced staff members to rely on when unexpected international crises emerged.

Quite. I have been aware of the policies and actions of twelve US presidents, from Eisenhower to Trump ((I was only six when Truman departed). They have included their fair share of sleazy, corrupt, greedy, incompetent, ignorant, senile, lazy, arrogant, immoral, etc, people on both sides of the political fence - much like the leaders of many countries over the last sixty-five years.

BUT, ALL of them until Trump had, some of the time, some idea of of how not to seriously piss off nearly every other potential ally or enemy at home or abroad. More importantly, ALL of them had at least some advisors who could often ensure that the president did not make matters dangerously worse for the USA and its citizens, and for the world.
Ursus Minor
Posted: Monday, September 25, 2017 7:08:02 AM

Neurons: 2,396
tunaafi wrote:

I have been aware of the policies and actions of twelve US presidents, from Eisenhower to Trump ((I was only six when Truman departed). They have included their fair share of sleazy, corrupt, greedy, incompetent, ignorant, senile, lazy, arrogant, immoral, etc, people on both sides of the political fence - much like the leaders of many countries over the last sixty-five years.

BUT, ALL of them until Trump had, some of the time, some idea of of how not to seriously piss off nearly every other potential ally or enemy at home or abroad. More importantly, ALL of them had at least some advisors who could often ensure that the president did not make matters dangerously worse for the USA and its citizens, and for the world.[/color]

It's natural. The wiser you are getting, the worse presidents are elected.
Andrew Schultz
Posted: Monday, September 25, 2017 7:51:03 PM

TheParser wrote:
No. 5

(American football is not the same sport that is called "football" In other countries.)

Before a professional American football game begins, all the spectators and players stand up when the band plays our national anthem.

Recently, a growing number of professional football players have refused to stand up.

Instead, they are kneeling.

They say that they are protesting alleged "racial inequality" in the United States of America.

A few days ago, President Trump said that such behavior on the part of those players was extremely disrespectful of their country.

In My OPINION, the President was right.

In my OPINION, those players could be more constructive if they spent their time encouraging their young fans to study hard at school and to behave themselves in their communities.

I'll bite, again. Your opinion is wrong, wrong, wrong, and dead wrong.

Many people disrespect the flag worse than Kaepernick, or the people who supported Kaepernick this weekend, ever did. Fans booed the players who were kneeling. No matter why they were booing--they were booing!

Here's a list of violations commonly found at sporting events: https://twitter.com/koopa_kinte/status/911715150507454464

"Disrespecting the flag" is a bunch of nonsense and idolatry. Kaepernick's and others' actions were about the most nonviolent thing you could do, and yet Trump still says it's not good enough and makes it about him. Obama handled things much more rationally.

Bob Costas's rebuttal of Trump is something I agree strongly with. The transcript is here: http://time.com/4955575/bob-costas-trump-nfl-transcript/

As for helping kids? Kaepernick, the subject of Trump's rant, already does. And on a similar note, we saw what happens when NFL players get together to help the hurricane victims--something Trump hasn't even started to do for the citizens of Puerto Rico. He's babbling about the flag, when people have very real problems that need help now.

Just remember:

Kaepernick? Son of a *****.

White supremacists with torches? Some fine people in there! Both sides!

Hope123
Posted: Monday, September 25, 2017 11:06:46 PM

Neurons: 41,209

https://www.thestar.com/entertainment/2017/09/25/one-trump-equals-many-kaepernicks-menon.html

Is it possible there is an upside to Donald Trump?
Even asking this question, I realize, is like pondering the health benefits of arsenic...(I left out the rest of Menon's images in respect for Trump supporters.) Under the sheer weight of his awfulness, pressed down by his divisive rhetoric and demagoguery, Trump is unwittingly allowing the best in America to escape from the margins and, for once, shine in the spotlight.
Trump is making America great again by showing how un-American he is.”

Read more:
https://www.thestar.com/sports/football/2017/09/24/sports-is-part-of-the-fight-against-racism-and-theres-no-turning-back-arthur.html
:::

Never mind that North Korea has decided that Trump has declared war on it. Trump just attacked and made a more formidable enemy - American athletes and sports!

LOL. Sports. A sacred American institution! And he doesn't even know why they are kneeling. Or that they are exercising their constitutional rights. Of course he doesn't care about rights or the constitution.

All he cares about is winning and money. And saying “You're fired!”

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/fox-news-shep-smith-nfl-players-kneeling-are-not-attacking-the-flag/
:::

I hope they stop black balling Kaepernick.

World food shortage that threatens five hundred million children could be alleviated at the cost of one day's warfare.
TheParser
Posted: Tuesday, September 26, 2017 5:27:31 AM

No. 6

FREEDOM OF SPEECH

1. A website that reported "neo-Nazi" and "White supremacist" points of view has been closed down.

2. The American government did NOT close it down.

3. Some executives at some Internet search engines decided that the website was posting "hate speech," so they decided to remove it from the World Wide Web.

4. Many people are delighted by this decision. They are calling for the closure of more websites that post what they consider to be "hate speech."

a. I have heard that some people would like to close down those websites that deny the Holocaust, for example.

5. A few thoughtful Americans (including a few genuine liberals) find this development very dangerous.

6. I agree with them.

7. In my OPINION, all websites of any opinion should be allowed on the World Wide Web.

a. Only Congress or the Supreme Court should have the authority to remove a website from the Web if it is deemed dangerous to the welfare of the nation.
Romany
Posted: Tuesday, September 26, 2017 6:03:56 AM

Neurons: 40,018

The world wide web is, as the title say "world wide". It does not exist purely to serve one country. If the laws of that country allow speech and/or behaviour that is not allowed in the rest of the world then, of course, rules that protect all other users everywhere have to be applied.

"Some executives at some Internet search engines decided that the website was posting "hate speech," "

This is not true. Laws against hate speech are not decided by a handful of American 'executives'. They have been put in place across the world.

They exist. They're being enforced. End of story.
Tovarish
Posted: Tuesday, September 26, 2017 7:14:23 AM

Neurons: 39,682
Sorry Parser I havn't got past.....Democrats should fine an attractive candidate.....

So plain people should not aspire to being a candidate for the Democrats???

And I thought we were different down here.
Drag0nspeaker
Posted: Tuesday, September 26, 2017 7:40:15 AM

Neurons: 149,215
TheParser wrote:
Only Congress or the Supreme Court should have the authority to remove a website from the Web if it is deemed dangerous to the welfare of the nation.

Why should one country's government have the right to remove anything from the world-wide web?
Only if the site violates international law should that happen.

Wyrd bið ful aræd - bull!
TheParser
Posted: Tuesday, September 26, 2017 8:00:24 AM

Tovarish wrote:

So plain people should not aspire to being a candidate for the Democrats???

Good morning, Tovarish:

Your question is a great lesson for learners.

A word can be interpreted in many ways.

I was using the word "attractive" in the sense of a person who attracts followers because of his demeanor, words, and policies. (He could be as physically ugly as I.)

As a native speaker, you -- of course --- knew that fact, but you wanted me to bring that fact to the attention of advanced learners.

I have noticed through the years that you are very clever: you know how to make a point in a nice manner.

We need more posters like you.

Have a great day!

Hope123
Posted: Tuesday, September 26, 2017 9:00:10 AM

Neurons: 41,209
President Trump is telling the world that America is not going to honor an agreement that Iran has not violated, pushing down America's already low level of credibility in the world even further.

President Trump called the Iran deal ”an embarrassment to the United States.”

He doesn't like it because Obama negotiated it.

Diplomats from France, Germany, the U.K. and the E.U. in Washington on Monday supported the deal, and warned against Trump's efforts to scuttle it.

They say it is working as it is and it will not be reopened. That would send the message to North Korea and other countries that diplomacy is not reliable.

Reports have surfaced that Trump will refuse to certify to Congress next month that Iran is in compliance with the deal.

Without European, Chinese, and Russian support, Trump will have to go it alone in re-introducing sanctions on Iranian oil, and “will be forced to use unilateral measures that would probably prove ineffective at choking Tehran’s economy.

From “Foreign Policy” app.

World food shortage that threatens five hundred million children could be alleviated at the cost of one day's warfare.