The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

The Madman With Nuclear Weapons is Donald Trump, Not Kim Jong-un Options
Yarin
Posted: Thursday, August 10, 2017 6:01:21 PM

Neurons: 2,432
FOR ONCE, Donald Trump has a point. “We can’t let a madman with nuclear weapons let on the loose like that,” he told Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte, according to the transcript from their bizarre phone conversation that was leaked to The Intercept in May.

The madman the U.S. president was referring to, of course, was North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un. The madman the rest of us should be worried about, however, is Trump himself, who — lest we forget — has the sole, exclusive and unrestricted power to launch almost 1,000 nuclear warheads in a matter of minutes, should he so wish.
To be so blasé, enthusiastic even, about the deployment of the ultimate weapon of mass destruction is a stark indicator of Trump’s childishness, ignorance, belligerence, and, yes, derangement. Here is a president who is impulsive, erratic, unstable; whose entire life and career have been defined by a complete lack of empathy. Remember his strategy for defeating ISIS? “Bomb the shit out of ’em” and “take out their families.”

So do you think civilian casualties were on his mind when he issued his “fire and fury” warning? Come. Off. It.

Remember that 72 years ago today, the United States dropped the second atomic bomb on Japan, killing around 39,000 people in Nagasaki. Three days earlier, the first A-bomb killed around 66,000 people in Hiroshima. But a nuclear war on the Korean peninsula would make those strikes on Hiroshima and Nagasaki look like pinpricks. Experts say even a conventional war between the U.S. and the DPRK could kill more than 1 million people; a nuclear exchange, therefore, might result in tens of millions of casualties. Trump’s national security adviser, H.R. McMaster, has admitted that such a preemptive strike by the U.S. would be a “humanitarian catastrophe.”

The Madman With Nuclear Weapons is Donald Trump, Not Kim Jong-un

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8sUdWKM1J8&feature=youtu.be
jacobusmaximus
Posted: Friday, August 11, 2017 3:53:40 AM

Neurons: 345,316
Some people, including Trump, think he has ultimate power but he has not, as we have seen. He can be overruled. Mr Kim cannot.

I remember, therefore I am.
Donthailand
Posted: Friday, August 11, 2017 6:54:22 AM

Neurons: 408,698
I agree with Jacob. I believe the only way Trump would be able to launch is if NK does it first...which they have threatened (against Guam).
NKM
Posted: Friday, August 11, 2017 11:16:32 AM

Neurons: 186,396
Unfortunately, two maniacs do not make a right situation.

azbnb
Posted: Friday, August 11, 2017 11:33:16 AM

Neurons: 425,510
so why didn't old Barry do anything about this before he left office? Oh yeah, couldn't find Kim on the golf course.

The Mountains are CALLING And I must go - John Muir
Romany
Posted: Friday, August 11, 2017 12:10:58 PM

Neurons: 40,053

This afternoon the clouds in the vivid-blue sky have a herringbone pattern. Children's voices and laughter drifts in through the window. It's summer holidays and the parks and beaches are full of kids. That's reality.

But all of that can disappear in a mushroom cloud because two mentally deranged clowns are having a tree-pissing contest? That's the plot of some Austen Powers-type movie. Which is reality for these two spoilt children.

Strange old world. Here's a man who was elected in a fit of pique. Who ratcheted that up to anger. And then because reality is a fluid concept to him, ends civilisation because he "had no idea how hard it was."

And with no thought for the millions of dead children; the environmental damage; the effect on any economic systems that are still standing; other boys are already talking strategy and boasting about their toys.

Ah ye gods. Hope said the other day that the world would be different if women ruled. And, because we all know that of course she didn't mean it because that would be very rude - we chuckled and all understood.

But thinking about it - we really might just hesitate at wiping out each other's children. Or at least not do so merely so one of us can stand alone on a radioactive pile of wasteland and say "I won"?

Sorry, guys. Mwah! I really do love all you men. But goddamn I am *angry* at all of you - at this particular moment. (I'll just go and put the kettle on and by then I will probably be wondering why on earth I suddenly got up to make a cup of herbal tea!)

progpen
Posted: Friday, August 11, 2017 12:17:57 PM

Neurons: 200,318
azbnb wrote:
so why didn't old Barry do anything about this before he left office? Oh yeah, couldn't find Kim on the golf course.

Holy cow that was good for a chuckle. By the end of this month, the current occupant of the White House will have spent all or part of 53 days in office at leisure, compared with 15 days for Obama through August 2009. What’s more, Trump will have played at least 33 rounds of golf, nearly double Obama’s 17 rounds — and that’s even before Trump gets to his vacation spot, an actual golf course.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2017/08/03/by-end-of-august-trump-will-have-spent-three-times-as-many-days-at-leisure-as-obama/?utm_term=.0e1de2d871cd

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. ― Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
progpen
Posted: Friday, August 11, 2017 12:23:37 PM

The idea that either of the Idiot's In Chief (The Almighty Orange One or Lil' Kim) is more or less dangerous than the other is just a distraction from the fact that neither of them are emotionally stable or the fact that neither is fully capable of understanding the damage of a nuclear exchange in modern times.

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. ― Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Hope123
Posted: Friday, August 11, 2017 2:51:51 PM

Neurons: 41,205
jacobusmaximus wrote:
Some people, including Trump, think he has ultimate power but he has not, as we have seen. He can be overruled. Mr Kim cannot.

JCB, I hope you are right - but I get differing opinions online. Some say if the president gives the order those in charge have to jump to it or resign.

Americans?

World food shortage that threatens five hundred million children could be alleviated at the cost of one day's warfare.
Hope123
Posted: Friday, August 11, 2017 3:12:19 PM

azbnb wrote:

I thought you would know what Progpen has posted, AZB, because even Fox News has published how often Trump golfs, and goes to his own properties to do personal conflict-of-interest business while on taxpayer time. He is the laziest president ever. He has spent the most taxpayer money ever on personal expenses and travel.

And he still hasn't figured out that shouting and bullying has not worked with the DOJ, with Congress, or with the Senate, but he keeps on doing it.

What needs to happen is what "Old (?) Barry", Bush, and even Clinton were doing - accepting that NK was going to get and now has nuclear weapons and learning how to contain them in a Cold War such as they did with the previous Russia for many years.

World food shortage that threatens five hundred million children could be alleviated at the cost of one day's warfare.
Hope123
Posted: Friday, August 11, 2017 3:22:31 PM

Romany, since there's nothing we can do to change the situation, there's no sense worrying. It is just an opinion, but I bet one of them will back down and even if they don't it will not be nuclear.

And if it is nuclear we don't need to worry anyhow... 💥

progpen
Posted: Friday, August 11, 2017 3:39:12 PM

Romany, once again we here in the US are relying even more than usual on viewpoints like yours as we do not get a global view or perspective from our media.

Hope123
Posted: Friday, August 11, 2017 6:01:53 PM

A couple of days ago our Canadian negotiators got a CDN hostage freed from North Korea and did some other talks while there.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/north-korea-canada-1.4244177

Maybe peaceful negotiations will work in spite of the two leaders. The negotiators just have to work around them? It says US negotiators have been quietly working with NK as well.

NKM
Posted: Friday, August 11, 2017 7:04:25 PM

Neurons: 186,396
@Romany:

In view of the current international saber-rattlings, I hereby request that (at least for the time being) you refrain from referring to me as "NK". Please spell out all three letters.

//Norm

Hope123
Posted: Friday, August 11, 2017 10:16:07 PM

Now Trump thinks he should take on Venezuela.

Since he usually accuses others of his own nasty thoughts, here's what it looks as if he is doing! What an unprintable selfish jerk. I didn't think my opinion of him could get any lower but it just did!

At 7:30 a.m. on the 17th of October, 2012 he tweeted: "Polls are starting to look pretty bad for Obama. Looks like he'll have to start a war or major conflict to win. Don't put it past him!"

Edited - China just told NK if they attack the US they are on their own but if Trump attacks first, then China will support North Korea - i.e. Trump starts WW three if he attacks first. Maybe China just saved the day?! This lets them both save face.

Now we will see just who really is who.

progpen
Posted: Monday, August 21, 2017 6:23:51 PM

A picture is worth a thousand words, or in this case 140 characters.

Buzzito
Posted: Monday, September 11, 2017 1:39:08 PM

Neurons: 371,426
Really? Weak argument and name calling ..... get a grip. Your HATE for our President bleeds over. No room for hate, move along.
Jyrkkä Jätkä
Posted: Wednesday, September 13, 2017 8:05:43 AM

Neurons: 296,660
Shawn Phillips - Mr. President

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.
Hope123
Posted: Wednesday, September 13, 2017 9:43:30 AM

Would love to have seen the video, JJ, but it is not available to me.

Jyrkkä Jätkä
Posted: Thursday, September 14, 2017 5:27:48 AM

Neurons: 296,660
Hope,

here are at lest the lyrics to this great song:

Great God! What do you see
It's falling to the ground
The very fabric of our lives
Is turning upside down
We learn to kill before we read
To turn the bastard round
We got the means to foil the world
Does that mean we got to do it now?

Hey Mr. President I really do hope
That you don't watch your T.V
And keep your fingers
Away from those buttons

For me and my family and my friends afar
And the ones we haven't met
We are aware of your sophisticated toys
And the violence they beget
We don't approve of the way things are
Much less the present set
Things gotta change in the next ten years
'Cause we don't intend to buy the farm yet

Mr. Prime Minister won't you administer
Decrees to decrease the war
It really ain't funny when you're
Makin' that money from

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.
Hope123
Posted: Thursday, September 14, 2017 9:34:46 AM

Thanks, JJ. The lyrics are the exact sentiments of many around the world.

And it is a serious situation being made worse when allies such as South Korea and Japan are being criticized instead of working with them.