The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Top 5 Most Racist Countries in the World Options
Yarin
Posted: Friday, August 04, 2017 4:48:38 PM

Neurons: 2,432
I'm surprised that Russia, Pakistan and India are amoung most racist countries in the world.

Top 5 Most Racist Countries in the World
tunaafi
Posted: Friday, August 04, 2017 5:24:47 PM

Neurons: 53,498
Yarin wrote:
I'm surprised that Russia, Pakistan and India are amoung most racist countries in the world.

The list is the personal compilation of one person, who offeres no objective opinion for his views.
TheParser
Posted: Saturday, August 05, 2017 9:14:26 AM

Neurons: 22,062
Dear Fair-Minded Readers ONLY:

Foreigners often lecture other countries on their policies of which those foreigners know NOthing. I shan't do that.

Here in the United States, however, the silent majority realizes that the word "racism" has lost ALL credibility and is TOTALLY worthless.

Whenever individuals scream or whine that someone or something is "racist," most people roll their eyes and yawn.

They know that most charges of "racism" in 2017 are motivated by personal or political reasons.

Hope123
Posted: Saturday, August 05, 2017 11:36:18 AM

Neurons: 42,040
tunaafi wrote:
Yarin wrote:

The list is the personal compilation of one person, who offeres no objective opinion for his views.

I suspect all people are racists deep down - it is human nature to prefer people similar to oneself. Many studies have shown that. The difference is that some people have learned that the "outgroups" are also humans and have become tolerant, especially in their actions. And once one actually meets and talks to a member of an outgroup and learns about their POV in life, they often do become more tolerant. Giving different outgroups a common goal is often the way to get cooperation and thus tolerance for others.

That is why traveling to different countries is valuable. Even talking on TFD to people from different countries has broadened my knowledge of some outlooks of life by people from different countries. That is one of the reasons I have stayed on the Forum this long - to learn.

I know there used to be caste systems in India but that may be lessening in modern times - I have not heard of any statistics either way. I also know there are many sects of Muslims who fight each other, but they are in varying locations around the world and are not limited to one country.

I know from personal experience that there are many bigots in Canada and in the US, but there are also many tolerant people in both places - I hope more of the latter.

So generalizing whole countries? Not productive to do that. Generalizing people for any reason often creates discord.

(I do agree with Parser somewhat, that because the term racist is often used when it shouldn't be, it has become almost useless. However, one should not take from it an implication that racism has been eradicated. I doubt it ever will be anywhere for reasons explained above.)

A smile is a curve that sets everything straight. Phyllis Diller
almo 1
Posted: Saturday, August 05, 2017 4:28:45 PM

Neurons: 4,633

'Black Lives Matter' activists hijack Bernie Sanders rally

youtube.com/Fox News

Bernie Sanders 'Black Lives Matter' Protester [Interview]

youtube.com/msnbc

Yarin
Posted: Saturday, August 05, 2017 5:18:02 PM

Neurons: 2,432
Hope123 wrote:

I suspect all people are racists deep down - it is human nature to prefer people similar to oneself. Many studies have shown that. The difference is that some people have learned that the "outgroups" are also humans and have become tolerant, especially in their actions. And once one actually meets and talks to a member of an outgroup and learns about their POV in life, they often do become more tolerant. Giving different outgroups a common goal is often the way to get cooperation and thus tolerance for others.

That is why traveling to different countries is valuable. Even talking on TFD to people from different countries has broadened my knowledge of some outlooks of life by people from different countries. That is one of the reasons I have stayed on the Forum this long - to learn.

I know there used to be caste systems in India but that may be lessening in modern times - I have not heard of any statistics either way. I also know there are many sects of Muslims who fight each other, but they are in varying locations around the world and are not limited to one country.

I know from personal experience that there are many bigots in Canada and in the US, but there are also many tolerant people in both places - I hope more of the latter.

So generalizing whole countries? Not productive to do that. Generalizing people for any reason often creates discord.

(I do agree with Parser somewhat, that because the term racist is often used when it shouldn't be, it has become almost useless. However, one should not take from it an implication that racism has been eradicated. I doubt it ever will be anywhere for reasons explained above.)

You are absolutely right.
almo 1
Posted: Saturday, August 05, 2017 6:02:26 PM

Neurons: 4,633
TheParser wrote:
Dear Fair-Minded Readers ONLY:

Foreigners often lecture other countries on their policies of which those foreigners know NOthing. I shan't do that.

Here in the United States, however, the silent majority realizes that the word "racism" has lost ALL credibility and is TOTALLY worthless.

Whenever individuals scream or whine that someone or something is "racist," most people roll their eyes and yawn.

They know that most charges of "racism" in 2017 are motivated by personal or political reasons.

Agreed.

Ashwin Joshi
Posted: Sunday, August 06, 2017 2:58:26 AM

Neurons: 67,018
Hope123 writes

True analysis.

It seems Johnny Punish has been punished at some point of time, so he biased.

Me Gathering Pebbles at The Seashore.-Aj