The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

death penalty .... agree or disagree? Options
WordWarrior
Posted: Wednesday, August 29, 2012 10:35:50 PM

Neurons: 37
RRP thank you for quoting the Bible; it is among other things a great source of wisdom and thought;
I commend your courage, in this day and age, to draw attention to the obvious,
the Holy, and to walk upright even as others will attack you.

In my faith I am weary to be sure to separate the words of Christ from the words of Paul;
If Christ was the Enlightened, the source of truth,
Paul and following Popes were as amoeba compared to a lion.

It is better to be pure see Queue Zion, than persecution.
To persecute Jews, is to disobey Christ not once, but in many ways.
He said love your enemies, but also he said to drown offenders of children.

So not all crimes are equal, if we obey and follow Jesus.
While he forgave a prostitute,
He said to drown the offenders of the smallest child who believes in Him.

He did not attack or distort or denounce Jewish Law,
But he was above it, so there was conflict;
There is a time for all things, to lead by example; or to say " do as I say, not as I do."

I disagree with you on only one count; on " Solomon's errors. "
Why do you assume God did not want Solomon to breed prolifically, and extremely?
Surely if a great farmer has a prize Brahma or Black Angus Bull, will he not let it loose in the herd?
Is it wise to question God's plan for Solomon?
Is it wise to judge Lot?
Is it wise to condemn Abraham for making a child with a servant?
Do you also judge Muslims, or give God command over them?
Do you also judge Mormons, and all Polygamy on Earth, in the Bible, in Nature?
Jesus said Judge and so you shall be judged.
Do you openly judge Solomon? Why?
Was he mentioned as a lion? Have you seen the word Lion in Revelation?
I ask you what is a lion, but a stud, a king, for a harem of females, and THAT cannot be argued.
Nor can you argue that a golden ram must not go into the herd, and take EVERY ewe.
Nor can you argue that a great stallion who wins races, should not go into the herd,
Nor can you argue that dolphin evolution should not involve a pod of 6 all extending DNA in one female.
Nor can you argue that eels do not breed when 10,000 males form a mass, and 1 female dives into them.
I could easily tell you the exact details about gene formation, and DNA extension,
But it would shock you, and you would call it " Solomon's Error. "
I ask you, if a tree bears good fruits, can it possibly be a bad tree?
I say, do not judge Solomon, unless it is by the glory of his children and heirs,
and they are the kings of the world, and the genius, the teachers, the muses, the sages,
They are the upright, the righteous, the leaders, the knights, and the Peacemakers.

Tovarish
Posted: Thursday, August 30, 2012 12:08:38 AM

Neurons: 39,926
It doesnt matter either way down here, we are not having Capital Punishment and thats that.

boneyfriend
Posted: Saturday, September 01, 2012 10:47:58 AM

Neurons: 10,546
This is the first time I have been to this thread and I must admit that I have not read the previous posts. I went round and round on this topic untl recently. The death penalty is not worth the risk of executing the wrong person.

There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face. Ben Williams
Tovarish
Posted: Sunday, September 02, 2012 1:08:15 AM

So what do you think Christ would say about paedophile priests and those that protect them?
Ray41
Posted: Thursday, November 29, 2012 3:12:33 AM

Neurons: 45,980
This article highlights one situation where the death penalty would have cost an innocent man his life.
You will have to read the article in the link.
On the news last night, it was announced that this man has been given a posthumous acquittal, the first time in Australian history this has occurred.
It is too late for this wrongly accused and convicted man, but, it has removed the stigma of having a convicted murderer in the family records.

http://www.smh.com.au/national/grave-injustice-fight-to-clear-a-dead-man-goes-to-unusual-appeal-20121125-2a1i3.html

While I live I grow.
Tovarish
Posted: Wednesday, June 19, 2013 4:16:32 AM

We have just had a court conviction of an habitual rapist, (on parole) now murderer of an Irish ex-pat Jill Maher, who was raped and murdered.

This man has accounted for 28 rapes and now the rape and murder of Jill, he receive Life in prison with a non-parole period of 35 years, making him in his 70's on possible release.

His comments were, 'They should have the death penalty for people like me', Yes they should!.... I have no lofty opinion on the Death Penalty

but my very basic opinion is why should we feed and house this man for another 35 years? estimatesd at $85,000 pa
TheParser
Posted: Friday, August 08, 2014 6:10:51 AM

Neurons: 22,062
Here in Los Angeles, a brilliant young scholar from China was murdered a few weeks ago while he was walking near the university that he attended.

At midnight.

A gang of feral youths (including an illegal immigrant from our southern neighbor) savagely beat him with a baseball bat. He managed to stumble to his apartment, where he died.

Why was he so foolish in walking on the streets at that hour?

Because neither the Chinese government nor the American government nor the university authorities had the decency (and moral courage) to instill in him the basic instinct that is necessary to survive in big American cities: FEAR.

Of course, those worthless _____ will never be executed.

(A few years ago, a Chinese male and female couple were murdered in their car near the same Los Angeles university. It was also around midnight. Nobody had taught them to fear, either. Their killer was a worthless American-born thug. Of course, he won't be executed.)
Tovarish
Posted: Friday, August 08, 2014 6:51:35 AM

An update on my above post from 19/6/2013 on the Jill Maher murder.

The remorseful murderer who called for the death penalty has petitioned for an appeal and the cost is now $100,000 per year to keep a convict in prison.

All the rest remains static.
TheParser
Posted: Saturday, August 09, 2014 11:34:03 AM

Neurons: 22,062
That university is finally taking further measures to reassure foreign students. [A lucrative source of income.]

The Los Angeles Times reports today that "Some students come from countries where crime is less common." [Talk about understatement!]

The newspaper reports that some foreign students "may not understand basic precautions taught in the U.S. -- being aware of one's surroundings , for example." [Like not using public transportation at night; scrutinizing elevator occupants before entering.]

One foreign student is quoted: "[This university] needs to be truthful to the reality that the surrounding area is just not safe."
[Naive child does not understand that the truth must be suppressed because of political correctness.]
tunaafi
Posted: Sunday, August 10, 2014 2:40:25 AM

Neurons: 53,503
TheParser wrote:
One foreign student is quoted: "[This university] needs to be truthful to the reality that the surrounding area is just not safe."
[Naive child does not understand that the truth must be suppressed because of political correctness.]

'Political correctness' James?

Don't you think it more likely that the university does not play up the potential dangers for fear that doing so might deter students from enrolling, thus depriving the university of much-needed income? This may well be irresponsible and immoral, but it has little to do with political correctness.
Tovarish
Posted: Monday, August 11, 2014 12:24:36 AM

I tend to agree tuna, foreign students are a large income for universities these days.

However the accurate crime rates should be on their home pages.

I have read that Los Angeles has a 10 times higher murder rate than the rest of the country, a fact I discovered after my daughter returned home from a US holiday.