The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Is 'keeping in our hearts' an expression used by native speakers? Options
Koh Elaine
Posted: Friday, May 19, 2017 1:21:54 PM

Neurons: 8,352
It is said that our lives can be prolonged if we pray earnestly, always keeping in our hearts the yearning the see the XYZ object of worship. Therefore, at any possible opportunity, we should make a pilgrimage to the Head Temple, where the XYZ object of worship is enshrined.

Is 'keeping in our hearts' an expression used by native speakers?

Thanks.

taurine
Posted: Friday, May 19, 2017 3:18:12 PM

Neurons: 37,132
With due reverence owed by me to your wisdom, I dare suggest to you to waste your time, regardless of your age, and listen to:
https://youtu.be/lGbSy7VVXH0?list=PLcHD8YZHZhmZaPODDAWuJhOpxgoeWMwrU&t=179 compiled by Liquid Flow.

This is a music. No words. The name of the collective which created it I think could give a hint as to their intentions to be understood. And even you who through your wise and conscious messages written to us has showed your dedication toward the pursuit of wisdom, I say that, while citing the words derived from the Book: For both dance and chanting, you will be unable to perform if you do not know the entire song. [The book's title I will not give to avoid any unnecessary complications] The question posed by you is both intricate and complicated in its content enough to challenge me to overpass my limitations to directly answer giving you a meaningful answer. Please, find an answer in the music, if you would gladly agree. I am the person who had plenty of opportunities to listen to the music. Not classical, only.
NKM
Posted: Friday, May 19, 2017 9:49:18 PM

Neurons: 143,364
Koh Elaine wrote:
It is said that our lives can be prolonged if we pray earnestly, always keeping in our hearts the yearning the see the XYZ object of worship. Therefore, at any possible opportunity, we should make a pilgrimage to the Head Temple, where the XYZ object of worship is enshrined.

Is 'keeping in our hearts' an expression used by native speakers?

══════════════════════════════════════════════

Yes, but not often except in poetry and oratory.

Koh Elaine
Posted: Friday, May 19, 2017 10:55:20 PM

Neurons: 8,352
Thanks, NKM.