The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Overnight Stays of Tourists Options
Hotaru 777
Posted: Wednesday, May 17, 2017 3:26:25 AM

Neurons: 27,163
Hello,

Below is a fragment of a translation I made. I'd appreciate it if someone could help me correct it.

In this line graph, we can see overnight stays of tourists in general and overnight stays of foreign tourists in 2013 and 2014 by months (in thous.). In both cases, the data from 2013 against 2014 did not change significantly. (...) The least number of overnight stays in general was in January (3456 thous.). In the next months, their number slowly rose. Since April there was a sharp increase, reaching its peak in July (9982 thous.). Since August a sharp decline was noted, with 3699 thous. in December. Overnight stays of foreign tourists kept at a steady level throughout the year. Since February the number of overnight stays slowly increased, reaching its peak in August (1644 thous.). Since August a slow decrease to 753 thous. in December was noted.

Thank you
Audiendus
Posted: Wednesday, May 17, 2017 9:44:13 PM

Neurons: 706,047
"Since" should be changed to "From" each time. ("Since" would mean "up to now".)

After "January", you need to specify the year – was it 2013 or 2014?

In the last line, I would add "by them" after "the number of overnight stays", to make it clear that you are referring to foreign tourists.

Otherwise, your translation looks OK.