The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Aliunde Options
taurine
Posted: Friday, May 05, 2017 5:40:19 PM

Neurons: 63,911
I am not sure about what I already have read on the page of a certain book, where it has been stated that: If the person affected already knew, then natural justice may not have been denied to the applicant, depending on the factual circumstances of the case at issue.

My uncertainty stems from the fact that earlier it has been written: In some cases it has been held that the applicant had an adequate opportunity to make the necessary representations, even though the requirements of the rule may not have been strictly complied with. This is generally referred to as Aliunde.

I would incline toward the statement where: If the person affected already knew, then natural justice may have been denied to the applicant, depending on the factual circumstances of the case at issue.

What is your opinion on the matter and your justification to support your opinion, please?

J'ai perdu mes amis en Afrique durant la dernière semaine de 2017
Ashwin Joshi
Posted: Saturday, May 06, 2017 5:20:00 AM

Neurons: 67,828
The defendant's confession is not the sufficient proof of the crime having been committed. There must be aliunde( other independent proof) to hold that the defendant has committed the crime.

Not this;

But this;

Me Gathering Pebbles at The Seashore.-Aj
taurine
Posted: Saturday, May 06, 2017 9:15:40 AM

Dear Ashwin Joshi,
Aliunde is a concept usually applied to the Administrative Law.

TMe
Posted: Sunday, May 07, 2017 10:53:32 AM

Neurons: 3,157

Legal Definition of aliunde

: from a source other than
that he was shot…was proven aliunde the admissions — United States v. Strickland, 493 F.2d 182 (1974)

-------------------Merriam Webster

I am a layman.
Irma Crespo
Posted: Wednesday, January 31, 2018 8:35:13 AM

Neurons: 85,444
Aliunde Rule Law and Legal Definition

Aliunde rule is a principle of evidence law which says that the verdict of a jury may not be impeached by the evidence of a member of the jury unless foundation for the introduction of such evidence is first laid by competent evidence aliunde, i. e., by evidence from some other source. This rule is designed to protect the finality of verdicts and to ensure that jurors are insulated from harassment by defeated parties. The aliunde rule is recognized by the courts since the day of Lord Mansfield who is supposed to have first announced it in the case of Vaise v. Delaval, 1 T. R., 11 (K. B.), 99 Eng. Rep. R., 944.

Among the reasons given by the courts for the adoption of this rule are that a juror comes into court with bad grace in attempting to prove his dishonorable conduct and to stigmatize his companions; that the rule is based upon considerations of public policy, which, if not adhered to, would encourage further litigation and indefinitely postpone its termination; that to permit a juror to impeach the verdict by his testimony would allow a dissatisfied or corrupt juror to destroy a verdict after he had assented to it; and that to permit such testimony would destroy the privacy of the deliberations of the jury and expose the jurors to criticisms and embarrassment. This rule has been severely criticized by some courts, has been repudiated by others, and has been changed by statute in some jurisdictions. [State v. Adams, 48 N.E.2d 861, 863 (Ohio 1943)]

Ohio Rule of Evidence 606(B) codifies the aliunde rule and states that "the verdict of a jury may not be impeached by the evidence of a member of the jury unless foundation for the introduction of such evidence is first laid by competent evidence from some other source."[Jones v. Bagley, 2009 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 125163 (S.D. Ohio Aug. 31, 2009)]

US Legal Inc.
taurine
Posted: Wednesday, January 31, 2018 9:22:40 AM

I used to call evidence from other source as corroborative and not as aliunde but I may be wrong.