The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Hundreds of Palestinian prisoners start hunger strike to demand basic rights as Israeli jails' condi Options
Yarin
Posted: Thursday, April 20, 2017 7:45:01 PM

Neurons: 2,432
Some 1,500 Palestinian political prisoners held by Israel launched a mass hunger strike on Monday to press for basic rights and shed light on the difficult humanitarian conditions inside Israeli prisons, according to the Palestinian Prisoners Center for Studies.

The open-ended hunger strike, one of the largest in recent years, coincides with Palestinian Prisoners Day, annually commemorated on April 17. Led by jailed Fatah leader Marwan Barghouti, the strike will see Palestinian prisoners from across the political spectrum participate from within six prisons inside Israel.

"They have central demands and will continue to fast until they achieve them. The prisoners see hunger striking as the only door they can knock on to attain their rights," Amina al-Taweel, the centre's spokesperson, told Al Jazeera.

"Even though it is one of the most dangerous and difficult decisions, they are only making this choice because conditions [inside the prisons] have reached a new low," said al-Taweel.

Rallies are expected to take place across major Palestinian cities in the occupied territories including Ramallah, Hebron and Nablus, in solidarity with the plight of prisoners.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/04/palestinian-prisoners-launch-mass-hunger-strike-170416173501861.html

Shoameli
Posted: Friday, April 21, 2017 12:47:28 AM

Neurons: 15
I was reading the very interested article about the "Palestinian" "prisoners" But are they relay starving? BUT you don't know! I Know better then Anyone!!!
There conditions as prisoners are better then any guy i know in Israel ...
actually I`m my self I've been in same prison, but as an Israeli army in prison, in different section...i was sitting in jail due to Refuse Order from Israeli army Chif Commander To take Israeli citizens out from there homes,
and to give it for peace and politics! any way until today this day the Jewish Familys dont have Homes, and still need to pay mortgage on the broken homes they give it to Arabic for peace and got more war all reasons to the Palestinian "citizens" this is today's Gaza,
And let me tell you that you are talking about MURDERERS??!! do you know them? well i use to work and live with them in Israel!
this Murderers Gets Every month 12,800 Shekel (Israeli money) they get Every day food from restaurants! to there jail! ( Like McDonald and more!) they have tvs In Every rooms and the best cables and What Ever they want , like A SKILL in university to be doctor ! and much more,and 3 Times a Week there Family's are coming to see them...... when there family's coming they come with luxury cars (in Israel the price of any car is 3 times from USA)
So.. The Murders get reward and its better the to work in Israel and get 5,000 Shekels a month ... Do you know Way? Because they want all the Jewish Under Water ! so!! if you want to ask me anything i can answer you and show you documents from History and also WHAT the Jewish conditions of Living is Israel and Show you as well the Conditions of WHAT THE ARTICLE talking about the "palastinians"
next Email you will see something that you can check online if its true or not.

Anyway i hop my English is Ok , and ill start on Sunday to Lorn more for my GED, and wanted to ask you to take DOWN this "article" thats any way FAKE NEWS and its Cheering FOR TERROR and if you have any more articles like that ill like to see it,
So i can show to the relevant person...
t
taurine
Posted: Friday, April 21, 2017 1:27:18 AM

Neurons: 51,098
Dear Shoameli,
Your English is OK because I have no problem to understand you.
I am glad that I may say it first, you are welcome.
Yarin
Posted: Friday, April 21, 2017 6:25:27 AM

My posts clearly show the hypocrisy of western politicians. They have nothing to do with Humanitarianism.
They say nothing about some crimes and say lots of things about some crimes.

I know my posts are not welcome because they show crimes they don't want to talk about. They want to hide them.
It is enough to me to understand. Bye!
Yarin
Posted: Friday, April 21, 2017 5:56:09 PM

Yarin
Posted: Saturday, May 06, 2017 4:16:17 PM

Senior Catholic patriarch joins Palestinian hunger strikers.
The Patriarch of Antioch and All the East, and Alexandria and Jerusalem has reportedly started refusing food in a show of solidarity with hundreds of Palestinians, who have gone on hunger strike in Israeli jails in protest at the administrative detention policy and harsh prison conditions.

Gregory III Laham, 83, started the pro-Palestinian measure on Saturday, Arabic-language Wattan news agency reported.

The development came a day after the Palestinian Prisoners' Society (PPS) announced that at least 15 Palestinians in the Israeli-run Ofer prison near the occupied West Bank city of Ramallah had launched an open-ended hunger strike.

There are also reports that the Tel Aviv regime is considering force-feeding Palestinian hunger strikers in an attempt to put an end to their protest.

The Israeli Health Ministry has ordered hospitals to get ready to receive hundreds of hunger strikers. The ministry said hospitals should force prisoners to take medicines or nutrients if they are in a life-threatening condition or risk permanent disabilities.

Since April 17, more than 1,600 Palestinian prisoners have joined the protest action, dubbed the Freedom and Dignity Strike, which was initially called by imprisoned and former Fatah movement leader Marwan Barghouti.
The strikers are demanding basic rights, such as an end to the policies of administrative detention, solitary confinement and deliberate medical negligence.

The much criticized administrative detention is a policy under which Palestinian inmates are kept in Israeli detention facilities without trial or charge.

Back in 2012, a similar hunger strike, involving some 2,000 Palestinian inmates, ended after an agreement was reached with Israeli authorities to terminate the policy of internment without trial or charge.

The Palestinian inmates regularly hold hunger strikes in protest against the administrative detention policy and their harsh prison conditions.

Nearly 700 prisoners are currently held in administrative detention. Some of the inmates have been held in prison under the policy for up to 11 years.

Andrew Schultz
Posted: Sunday, May 07, 2017 4:32:29 PM

Neurons: 804,579
Yarin wrote:
My posts clearly show the hypocrisy of western politicians. They have nothing to do with Humanitarianism.
They say nothing about some crimes and say lots of things about some crimes.

Gosh, it's almost like the world is so complex that just one person can't wave a wand and fix things! Or that they have so many things to do they can't do them all, even if they aren't in a position of power!

Yarin wrote:
I know my posts are not welcome because they show crimes they don't want to talk about. They want to hide them. It is enough to me to understand. Bye!

You know, we can't have EVERYTHING stuffed in our face all at once. It would be too much to bear all the world's suffering. Throw that on top of the accusations and sources you use, and we'll go elsewhere to read this sort of news.

Also on the subject of hypocrisy, you said "Bye" which I assume meant you had nothing more to say but then re-posted in the topic.

It's been interesting to reflect on how or why I can or should not take you too seriously, and I think it's useful for people to be able to face this sort of thing from one person to see how to resist propaganda in general.

I particularly enjoy the idiom section of this fine website.
Yarin
Posted: Sunday, May 07, 2017 5:44:19 PM

Andrew Schultz, you just assumed about my "bye" and you were wrong. "I don't expect something good from the US toward Palestinians" that was the meaning of my "bye".

How marvellous it would be if he were to feel equal compassion for the children and beautiful babies who for many years have endured weapons just as cruel and have had the misfortune to be born in Gaza and the West Bank. I find it strange to think that Palestinian children are not deserving of his identical care.
Andrew Schultz
Posted: Monday, May 08, 2017 2:37:49 AM

Neurons: 804,579
Yarin wrote:
Andrew Schultz, you just assumed about my "bye" and you were wrong. "I don't expect something good from the US toward Palestinians" that was the meaning of my "bye".

Hm, wouldn't it have been easier to type that out in the first place, so you aren't confusing people? Whether or not English is their first language, and they're trying to learn it? Otherwise, it reads like propaganda that can mean whatever it feels like.

I particularly enjoy the idiom section of this fine website.