The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Can the text of the sentence be improved? Options
Koh Elaine
Posted: Monday, April 17, 2017 12:44:23 PM

Neurons: 10,709
If you drink too much and display wrong behaviour, you should understand that it will cause the Lotus Sutra to be disrespected and you will be making bad causes.

Can the text of the above sentence be improved? (It is from a Buddhist magazine.)

Below is my suggestion:

If you drink too much and display wrong behaviour, you are not only disrespecting the Lotus Sutra but also making bad causes.

Thanks.
FounDit
Posted: Monday, April 17, 2017 12:55:15 PM

Neurons: 43,816
Koh Elaine wrote:
If you drink too much and display wrong behaviour, you should understand that it will cause the Lotus Sutra to be disrespected and you will be making bad causes.

Can the text of the above sentence be improved? (It is from a Buddhist magazine.)

Below is my suggestion:

If you drink too much and display wrong behaviour, you are not only disrespecting the Lotus Sutra but also making bad causes.

Thanks.

I suggest:

If you drink too much and display improper behavior, you are not only disrespecting the Lotus Sutra, but also creating negative energy.

A great many people will think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices. ~ William James ~
Koh Elaine
Posted: Monday, April 17, 2017 1:07:57 PM

Neurons: 10,709
Thanks, FounDit.