The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

President Trump made a mistake (for fair-minded readers) Options
TheParser
Posted: Friday, April 14, 2017 8:32:01 AM

Neurons: 22,062
Dear Fair-Minded Readers:

1. President Trump has just signed an order that allows each state to decide whether it wants to give federal money to Family Planning centers.

a. Those centers help women plan how many children they want.

b. Some extreme "conservatives" are afraid that those centers also encourage abortion.

2. I assume that the President signed the order only to make those extreme "conservatives" happy.

3. Most of President Trump's supporters could NOT care less about family planning or abortion. They are primarily interested in one thing: JOBS, JOBS, JOBS.

4. I am sure that most of you agree with me: family planning and abortion are necessary.

a. This country (along with the rest of the world) needs fewer human beings, not more.

Have a nice day!

Drag0nspeaker
Posted: Friday, April 14, 2017 8:46:11 AM

Neurons: 149,104
In this we agree.

Family planning (in all its forms) is necessary.

It would be good if abortion were not ever necessary, but there are many circumstances which definitely mean that it should not be banned or in any way made illegal.

I understand what you mean about fewer people, but I've been reading . . .
Apparently, the amount of food produced right now would feed the whole population of Earth well - if some did not eat five times as much as they need, and waste the same amount.

Wyrd bið ful aræd - bull!
TheParser
Posted: Friday, April 14, 2017 9:21:03 AM

Neurons: 22,062

Thank you, DragOnspeaker, for your comments.

Of course, it is not just a matter of food.

Fewer people will improve the quality of life in general -- for everyone.

Have a nice weekend!

Lotje1000
Posted: Friday, April 14, 2017 9:23:13 AM

Neurons: 384,309
TheParser wrote:

Fewer people will improve the quality of life in general -- for everyone.

I love these clear-cut examples to really illustrate how it will improve the quality of life! Whistle It's this sharing of extensive information and facts that helps readers make up their fair-minded minds!
Hope123
Posted: Saturday, April 15, 2017 2:16:18 PM

Neurons: 41,209
President Trump made more than one mistake. But once some reality of the job of being president smacked him in the face, he has flipped on four major issues last week; so there may be hope yet - unless he blows us all up.

World food shortage that threatens five hundred million children could be alleviated at the cost of one day's warfare.
progpen
Posted: Tuesday, April 18, 2017 8:26:56 AM

Neurons: 200,318
Women's reproductive rights have nothing to do with the relative wealth of the world as there is more than enough food to feed everyone in the world, there is more than enough wealth to house and clothe everyone in the world and there is more than enough room for everyone in the world to live.

Women's reproductive rights are about recognizing that women should have as much control over their own bodies as men do. Women's reproductive rights are about recognizing that unwanted pregnancy is a direct form of control of women.

The concentration of wealth is unrelated to women's rights.

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. ― Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
towan52
Posted: Tuesday, April 18, 2017 11:58:01 AM

Neurons: 158,962
I think the world would be a better place if governments and politicians would just butt out of family planning and abortion. These are personal matters that should be left to individuals. Ideally abortion should be the choice of women with (if appropriate) input from the father, a family doctor, church minister and professional counseling. It really irks me to see such personal matters kicked around like football by people who are not involved and probably don't really care about anything but getting votes.

"Today I was a hero. I rescued some beer that was trapped in a bottle"