The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Ganguar Options
Daemon
Posted: Thursday, March 30, 2017 12:00:00 AM

Neurons: 60,819
Ganguar

Gangaur is one of the highlights of the festival year in the state of Rajasthan, India. It is observed in celebration of Gauri, another name for Parvati, Shiva's wife. This is largely a girls' and women's festival, but boys and men get to enjoy the elaborate processions that take place in cities around the state, such as Jaipur. The festival continues for 18 days, during which women fast, dress in their best clothes, adorn themselves with intricate henna designs, and pray. The festival culminates with feasting and processions of the goddess's image that celebrate the union of Gauri and Shiva. More...
IMcRout
Posted: Thursday, March 30, 2017 9:13:04 AM

Neurons: 427,298
Just a question as to the spelling as title and text duffer:

Is it gangUAr or gangAUr?

I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger. (Anon)
monamagda
Posted: Thursday, March 30, 2017 7:55:44 PM

Neurons: 3,185,267

The revelries of Gangaur Festival start with Rajasthani womenfolk worshipping the deity throughout the night prior to the main festival. Dressed up in beautiful, colourful outfits, these women wear henna on their hands and worship Goddess Gauri for the well being of their life partners.