The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

The Nazca Lines Options
Daemon
Posted: Sunday, March 26, 2017 12:00:00 AM

Neurons: 59,865
The Nazca Lines

Aerial exploration of the arid tableland surrounding Peru's Palpa valley has revealed a remarkable network of geometric and zoomorphic forms etched in the desert floor. Created by the Nazca, a pre-Incan civilization that flourished from about 200 BCE to about 600 CE, the Nazca Lines span about 200 sq mi (500 sq km). The glyphs are only recognizable as coherent figures from the air, but the Nazca never possessed the technology to view them from that vantage point. Why, then, did they create them? More...
ChristopherJohnson
Posted: Sunday, March 26, 2017 9:34:35 AM

Neurons: 717,247
I do not think these remarkable megaglyphs have anything to do with extraterrestrials or aeronavigation. They are just specimens of beautiful and strange pre-Columbian Native American art and religious beliefs.
Bedells
Posted: Sunday, March 26, 2017 11:42:45 AM

Neurons: 411,038
What really upsets me is that members of Greenpeace damaged the lines --by leaving footprints-- in the effort to make conscience of climate change.

I know climate is a very serious issue, but it's no excuse for them to vandalize this beautiful place. If all the people acted this way, it would be hard to preserve Nazca lines for future generations. It's good that not everybody is that irresponsible.