The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Egypt's Fuad I Transitions from Sultan to King (1922) Options
Daemon
Posted: Wednesday, March 15, 2017 12:00:00 AM

Neurons: 60,672
Egypt's Fuad I Transitions from Sultan to King (1922)

Fuad I was the first king of modern Egypt. Educated in Europe, he returned to Egypt in 1880 and founded the University of Cairo in 1906. He succeeded his brother as sultan in 1917, but in 1922, when British control of Egypt ended, Fuad took the title of king. The following year, a new constitution was established. Fuad later abolished it and frequently threw the country into turmoil by dismissing parliament. Under great pressure, he restored the constitution in 1935. Who succeeded him? More...
ChristopherJohnson
Posted: Wednesday, March 15, 2017 2:44:13 PM

Neurons: 736,747
What is the difference?
monamagda
Posted: Wednesday, March 15, 2017 3:49:58 PM

Neurons: 3,166,630

Farouk of Egypt
Farouk I

Farouk I of Egypt (Arabic: فاروق الأول Fārūq al-Awwal) (11 February 1920 – 18 March 1965), was the tenth ruler from the Muhammad Ali Dynasty and the penultimate King of Egypt and the Sudan, succeeding his father, Fuad I of Egypt, in 1936.

His full title was "His Majesty Farouk I, by the grace of God, King of Egypt and Sudan, Sovereign of Nubia, of Kordofan, and of Darfur". He was overthrown in the Egyptian Revolution of 1952 and forced to abdicate in favor of his infant son Ahmed Fuad, who succeeded him as Fuad II of Egypt. He died in exile in Italy.
His sister Princess Fawzia Fuad was the first wife and Queen Consort of the Shah of Iran Mohammad Reza Pahlavi.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farouk_of_Egypt