The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Thank you, Your Holiness Options
TheParser
Posted: Saturday, March 04, 2017 9:30:05 AM

Neurons: 17,807
A Vatican-run workshop was recently held.

There were four panelists.

One of the panelists claims that "Pope Francis urged us to have fewer children to make the world more sustainable."

IF this is an accurate reflection of His Holiness's thought on the issue, then I wish to join with billions of other human beings in thanking His Holiness for that excellent advice.

Reportedly, the workshop also studied a paper written by Dr. Paul Ehrlich, who would like to cut the current world population of 7,000,000,000 human beings down to 1,000,000,000.

He would achieve this by forced abortions and forced sterilization.

(The workshop made it clear, however, that the Church still does NOT endorse artificial birth control methods.)
Ashwin Joshi
Posted: Saturday, March 04, 2017 12:20:17 PM

Neurons: 59,426
TheParser;

One of the panelists claims that "Pope Francis urged us to have fewer children to make the world more sustainable."

IF this is an accurate reflection of His Holiness's thought on the issue, then I wish to join with billions of other human beings in thanking His Holiness for that excellent advice.

Reportedly, the workshop also studied a paper written by Dr. Paul Ehrlich, who would like to cut the current world population of 7,000,000,000 human beings down to 1,000,000,000.

He would achieve this by forced abortions and forced sterilization.

(The workshop made it clear, however, that the Church still does NOT endorse artificial birth control methods.)

Excuse me His Holiness, some persons are interested in improving the quality of life of their offspring by resorting to birth control methods, others are interested in increasing progeny to rule the world. They are not concerned about the standard of the level of living of their children. Who are correct, the former or the latter?

ii)
I would also like to ensure Dr. Paul Enrich, that cutting the population of the world to 1,000,000,000 is not humanistic thought nor a possibility unless HE wills a complete overhaul, a catastrophe, a plague, a megaAIDS or innumerable Nuclear blasts.
iii)Sex is ordained by the Almighty for all living beings. Abstinence is very difficult. Artificial birth control methods do work but are subject to discussion.

Learning is my passion.-Aj
tunaafi
Posted: Sunday, March 05, 2017 2:26:47 PM

Neurons: 50,551
TheParser wrote:

[...]

I join you in thanking His Wholesomeness for urging people to give up sex or to rely on the rhythm method to help make the world more sustainable.The rhythm method reportedly has only a 25% failure rate, so we should be urging all Protestants, Quakers, Mormons, Christian Scientists, Scientologists, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus, Sikha, Jains and Westboro Baptists to listen to the advice of the spiritual leader of some 1.25 billion Roman Catholics.

Far away is close at hand in images of elsewhere – The Master of Paddington.