The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

American media "dislike" President Trump Options
TheParser
Posted: Friday, March 03, 2017 8:45:40 AM

Neurons: 17,837
To: Fair-minded members and (especially) guests.

Have you decided to ignore the American political scene and spend your free time listening to music, watching sports, swimming at the beach, etc.?

Wise decision.

BUT if you are interested in knowing what's happening here, I respectfully suggest that you follow Fox News.

Fox News is a cable TV news network ("We report. You decide."). If you cannot get it in your country, you can get the Fox News website (unless your country blocks it).

By following Fox News (and reading the Drudge Report website), you will get an accurate idea of what is actually happening in 2017 America.

The American media mostly "dislike" President Trump. (I will not use a stronger verb.)

The reason: most American journalists were indoctrinated by their university professors in politically correct thought. (One local professor recently told her students that the election of President Trump was "an act of terrorism." I am not joking.)

Almost all American journalists are Democrats. Like many Democrats, they are still out of their minds regarding the election results. They felt that the White House belonged to them, so the election results have floored them. They are still in a daze.

The Democrats are plotting to bring down President Trump. They call their movement a "resistance."

Besides having the media on their side, the Democrats have many friends who are still in important government positions. They were appointed by President Obama. It is very difficult or even impossible for President Trump to dismiss them. So they are working inside the government to sabotage President Trump's efforts.

When you see Democrats (both the leaders and just ordinary people) on TV, do you notice how their faces are contorted by pure "dislike" for the President?

Because you are fair-minded people, you know better than to believe what such individuals say.

The Democrats are doing very well in their plan to destroy President Trump. They managed to get one of his military advisers to resign. They are now trying to force the resignation of the Attorney-General (he's something like the lawyer for the United States). With help from friends inside the government and their allies in the media, the Democrats are confident that they can get him out before his term expires.

Of course, you and I cannot do anything to stop the Democrats.

At the very least, however, we can get the facts -- by watching FOX NEWS.

Lotje1000
Posted: Friday, March 03, 2017 9:09:21 AM

Neurons: 315,925
Bravo, TheParser, for providing such a perfect example of what happens when you limit yourself to only a few sources of information.
Romany
Posted: Friday, March 03, 2017 9:26:46 AM

Neurons: 34,972

I think any "fair-minded person" would cry 'anathema' at any suggestion that they derive all their knowledge of current events from one, highly-partisan source.

They would also object to didactic statements such as "most American journalists were indoctrinated..." "...they felt that..." "They are still in a daze" etc.

People looking for 'fairness' - i.e. impartiality, facts, the truth - are well-versed in searching for such things in from a number of sources; checking facts; searching out the truth of statements; and understanding fully what both sides of an issue are.

"Fair people" also understand the difference between a fair statement "I have come to believe...." "It is my opinion that..." " X's comment seem to me to say..." "This incident could be be seen as..." rather than using absolutes to simulate truth.

They would also, I should think, have made up their minds about Fox news for themselves: it's been available on the internet for as long as any other News agency and has been discussed and investigated long enough for people to make up their own minds as to its worth.

One doesn't become 'fair-minded' by refusing to countenance any source, person, organisation or government which does not fit into one's own, personal, worldview.
March Hare
Posted: Friday, March 03, 2017 10:07:36 AM

Neurons: 983,339
Romany wrote:

I think any "fair-minded person" would cry 'anathema' at any suggestion that they derive all their knowledge of current events from one, highly-partisan source.

They would also object to didactic statements such as "most American journalists were indoctrinated..." "...they felt that..." "They are still in a daze" etc.

People looking for 'fairness' - i.e. impartiality, facts, the truth - are well-versed in searching for such things in from a number of sources; checking facts; searching out the truth of statements; and understanding fully what both sides of an issue are.

"Fair people" also understand the difference between a fair statement "I have come to believe...." "It is my opinion that..." " X's comment seem to me to say..." "This incident could be be seen as..." rather than using absolutes to simulate truth.

They would also, I should think, have made up their minds about Fox news for themselves: it's been available on the internet for as long as any other News agency and has been discussed and investigated long enough for people to make up their own minds as to its worth.

One doesn't become 'fair-minded' by refusing to countenance any source, person, organisation or government which does not fit into one's own, personal, worldview.

Applause
ellana
Posted: Friday, March 03, 2017 10:57:14 AM

Neurons: 121,742
to the Parser...
Is Fox News paying you to try to convince us 'liberals' to support Trump? I believe that the other contributors made very logical and intelligent points to rubbish what you are advocating. It's quite difficult to put one's trust and support in an arena where
chaos reigns. Putting partisanship aside, one needs to seek information from many sources to find facts that measure up.

We, the public, American and international are not fools.
Hope123
Posted: Friday, March 03, 2017 11:17:20 AM

Neurons: 33,002
Hello, Parser.

I don't quite know how to say it without appearing judgmental/superior, but I do wish to thank you for returning to the Politics section for all political comments and for being polite with all your posts. I am sorry, but I do have to disagree with some of your views, but we can agree to disagree.

I fear that this thread's aim is to do exactly what President Trump has been doing all along - minimize ALL institutions charged with holding HIM ACCOUNTABLE. And that includes the PRESS. . The intelligence agencies, the justice system, the FBI, the judges and courts - every institution he has attacked is on this list of trying to hold power accountable. When it is not held to standards, it is no longer a semi-democracy but a runaway train.

Trump's attack on the truth is understandable because he wants his own legions of lies promoted with no opposition. And since Fox News leans right and says nice things about him, fanning his overblown ego and arrogance (please tell me you know he has these traits, Parser), he tells his followers to watch only them. Trump does not read nor use the internet. He gets all his news from TV. He often tweets about a subject right after a story was just aired on TV.

Watch Fox if you want, but get other sources too as all fair-minded critical thinkers do no matter the subject. I do check to see what Fox News says. You always need two sides to every story.

"Fair-minded" people should also listen to what Fox News Shepard Smith has to say about Trump banning CNN. He says CNN does a good job of dispensing the truth and is not the fake news which is the garbage that comes from hackers who make up stories for remuneration.

No one has ever pointed to an actual CNN or NYT story about Trump that was not accurate. It is propaganda against them without proof!

Prez Trump has tweeted 53 times at last count about the "failing New York Times", so no wonder his admirers now believe, as one Conservative poster even said to me here on the Forum, that it is a "rag".

I would suggest that all "fair-minded" people not only watch but pay attention to what the NYT editor says on this video about how it manages its policies and sources and tries to do the investigative journalism to keep the government accountable. They say that is even more important now but it is what they have always done - citing examples - and one is getting a member of Obama's team fired.

Trump's attitude towards the press and his Twitter attacks on the New York Times have actually backfired. Their subscriptions have increased dramatically since the election.

https://youtu.be/xecZyOhzO8w

Well said Romany.

It really is funny how people have such short memories as to how the actual Republicans, not the Party of Trump as it is known these days, blocked the Democrats at every turn. And how the media always held Obama and Bush and Nixon etc. to account.

If Flynn, Sessions, Kushner and other campaign members had not done illegal contacting of a foreign country negating their sitting president's sanctions towards that country, there would be no need for the Democrats and media to excoriate such alleged and admitted crookedness and then the lying about it. And then to put the icing on the cake, they contacted the FBI to try to make the story of the ongoing investigation go away.

Sometimes the longest way around is the shortest way home. Anon
Hope123
Posted: Friday, March 03, 2017 3:45:20 PM

Here's another source of news to consider. It is an opinion not based on dislike but facts about America's new Foreign policies. Not much was said about foreign policies in his address to Congress.

The last couple of sentences I have copied and pasted here from a longer article make an excellent point for all Americans to consider. (And it makes me sad.)

"Donald Trump Is Tarnishing America’s Brand" by Lagon and McKeon in "Foreign Policy" magazine.

http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/03/01/donald-trump-is-tarnishing-americas-brand-shadow/

American questions the need to prioritize U.S. interests; but past presidents have understood that engaging the world need not be a zero-sum game, and that increasing global security and prosperity benefits America, too. Progress has not been perfect or linear, but since 1945 our record surely warrants far more than a passing grade: we’ve avoided a third world war, rebuilt the economies of former adversaries, and helped lead significant advances in human freedom and prosperity. But continued progress is not assured. Indeed, Freedom House’s most recent annual report concluded that 2016 was the “11th consecutive year of decline in global freedom.”

At home, Trump and his team have regularly lambasted American institutions, to the detriment of our brand as a sturdy democracy. In rapid-fire succession, the president has: accused federal judges of endangering national security; alleged that a Senate committee chair emboldened the enemy by criticizing a military action; and asserted that certain media outlets are the “enemy of the people.” (This is not to mention the manifold misstatements of fact emanating from the White House.) These are actions many autocrats around the globe will recognize, and admire.

Finally, Trump has departed from longstanding bipartisan consensus by engaging in moral equivalence between the United States and Russia. And he continues to suggest that — his defense secretary’s advice to the contrary — torture and waterboarding are legitimate tools. (Enhanced interrogation was an intolerable error in the Bush administration, but President George W. Bush always said we do not and must not torture.) Both these postures suggest the United States under Trump no longer sees itself as standing — however imperfectly — for values of dignity, decency, and democracy.

It’s not just many Americans who are rightly troubled by these developments. Our allies and partners overseas must surely wonder about the state of our democracy and our commitment to universal values. We need not wonder, however, about the reaction of the club of dictators, who now have a powerful shield against Washington’s criticism. The next time a U.S. ambassador condemns a government leader for threatening judicial independence or press freedom, that leader will simply assert they are little different from President Trump. For years, America has influenced the world not just through the example of its power but also the power of its example. These are not examples we want the world to emulate.

almo 1
Posted: Friday, March 03, 2017 4:32:29 PM

Neurons: 1,261

Nobody Is Draining the Swamp

Mar 3, 2017
quote: RUSH: This is Denise in Mount Dora, Florida. Great to have you on the program today. How are you?

CALLER: Oh, Rush! I’m, uh… I’m flushed with excitement at the thought that I get to speak with you. How are you today?

RUSH: Well, I’m glad you made it through. Thank you. I’m doing well.

CALLER: Oh, good. By the way, I just wanted to start off by saying at the top of the hour you had asked about anyone sticking up for Sessions? I don’t know if you came up with one, but I did hear Senator Cruz admirably defend Sessions yesterday, at least on one TV segment.

RUSH: Okay, that’s a second, ’cause I Googled it, and I came up with Tim Scott.

CALLER: Oh, okay. Great.

RUSH: There’s… Now, I didn’t see the story on Cruz. Not yet.

CALLER: Oh.

RUSH: I can’t dig deep in this stuff. I’m doing everything I do here in flash seconds, but I was able to scroll deeply enough to find Tim Scott. I know Manchin, Democrat from West Virginia, defended him, but I was specifically talking about Republicans. So you found Cruz and I found Tim Scott.

CALLER: Great. Yeah.

RUSH: Big whoop.

CALLER: But anyhow, the reason that prompted me to call which — which I’ve never done before — is that I’ve never really been one of those persons who goes into conspiracy theories. I usually just roll my eyes when people come up with one and I say, “Oh, come on. You’re just fishing for stuff and that’s a little out there.” But when you were talking today about any… Over the last, you know, several days and months you’ve been talking about Obama and then recently the deep state, with this whole bureaucracy thing in the background.

It got me thinking. You know what? When President Obama — and, oh, thank Jesus I don’t have to say that anymore. When he was president, it always it seemed to me that he was really not the one running the show but somebody else was setting the agenda from his administration, and it’s like there were puppeteers and he was the puppet. You know, he was just doing what the agenda was that they wanted to get done and he was a great talking head. You know, everybody loved to hear him speak and fawned at his feet. Well, now he’s gone but the puppeteers are still there, and I’m just livid. We voted for Donald J. Trump to drain the swamp. And to think that he might not be able to implement his agenda — which is now the people’s agenda, we voted for him. To think that he might not be able to implement it because those dang puppeteers are still there, I’m just beside myself.
RUSH: Well, Denise, nobody’s draining the swamp. I mean, you just said it. Nobody’s draining the swamp. Trump’s people are recusing themselves! Trump’s people said, “Yeah, I won’t play. I won’t participate.” The deep state’s not going anywhere. One thing about Obama. You know what you mean about the figurehead stuff. People pepper me with similar theories like that. Don’t downplay Obama’s involvement. This is what he does. What Obama really does is what you never see, this community organizing. Everybody asks, “What is a community organizer?”

You’re seeing it. This is exactly what a community organizer does. Now, throw the word “community” out because we’re not talking about a Chicago neighborhood or ward here. We’re talking about the United States government, and you are seeing the real talents of Barack Obama and Valerie Jarrett and Ben Rhodes. All these people that were insist administration are coordinating this effort with primarily the New York Times, and the rest of the media is slaving off of that. But it’s primarily the New York Times, because everybody in the media thinks the New York Times is the bible.

So whatever is in it is safe to run and is gospel, and is unchallengeable. It’s infallible. So you’re seeing it. It’s not a conspiracy theory. Well, it’s a conspiracy in that people are conspiring to do this, but it’s not hidden. It’s right out in the open! Every New York Times story is the result of the organizational efforts of Barack Obama. He’s got people in place. The New York Times is even given the ghost up. They’re even explaining how they did it. Obama operatives staying there and having collecting and preserving the, quote/unquote, “evidence” of Trump and the Russian collusion, even though there isn’t any!

There isn’t any.

And the New York Times has also admitted that in now three different stories. They still haven’t found any evidence. They’re still looking. They’re preserving the evidence so they can eventually get there — and if it takes ’em eight years and they don’t find any evidence, that’s just fine, ’cause it’s a brilliant sabotage operation. The longer they can keep it going, the better. I’m sure they would love to find some evidence here, but there probably isn’t any because it didn’t happen. The thing is, they know it didn’t happen. See, that’s what rubs me wrong. Everybody involved here knows it’s all fake news.

This isn’t news.

The media doesn’t do news.

This is the advancement of the establishment, anti-Trump agenda. Unquote

And The New York Times Tokyo branch office is in a building whose owner is Japan's major leftist newspaper. They are working together. In Japan, left means pro-china/korea(communist party).

Drag0nspeaker
Posted: Friday, March 03, 2017 6:39:51 PM

Neurons: 128,032
almo 1 wrote:
They are working together. In Japan, left means pro-china/korea(communist party).

You've got to be kidding! You know Japan far better than I do.

Working together with any Japanese company does NOT mean 'pro China/communist'.

The Japanese 'Left' is as far 'right' as most of the American Republican party!

The Most Dangerous Problem in Asia: China-Japan Relations

Quote:
China and Japan have a thousand year history of fighting each other. What if that pattern repeats itself?

. . . in view of their inability to harmoniously exist side by side for the last millennia or so, can we really see ways in which a strong China and a strong Japan manage to exist alongside each other without conflict in the 21st century?
. . .
In Japan, the consensus has been growing that the whole gamble of engagement with China is starting to look like it was a mistake. Their neighbor has not changed politically, nor has it developed grateful or friendly feelings toward Japan. On the contrary, it has come increasingly to look like Japan’s worst nightmare – a strong, Communist led one party state, angry and harboring revengeful sentiments toward Tokyo. Most worrying of all, China is now building up naval military assets that look increasingly like they are pointed directly at Japan’s interests.
The Diplomat - an article from nine months ago

Wyrd bið ful aræd - bull!
Andrew Schultz
Posted: Friday, March 03, 2017 9:16:03 PM

Neurons: 380,950
http://www.businessinsider.com/study-watching-fox-news-makes-you-less-informed-than-watching-no-news-at-all-2012-5

Okay, the URL is clickbait, but...Fox News* is very often wrong, and it's hard for them to disguise that they were originally built to get George W Bush elected in 2000 and they continue on that mission. Even their talk show discussion panels have that ALERT ALERT ALERT ticker at the bottom of the screen, yelling anchors, and so forth. News shouldn't be a hard sell. But it's useful for the uninitiated to watch Fox News* to see the sort of things people are exposed to, the trick of "we wouldn't say anything this crazy if it weren't true!"

As for Drudge Report...oh, that Drudge Siren is very silly and makes me laugh.

I'm generally suspicious of any TV or radio show that constantly seeks to grab the viewer's attention or make them fear. Fox News* has done this consistently throughout its 20 year run.

I particularly enjoy the idiom section of this fine website.
almo 1
Posted: Friday, March 03, 2017 9:39:39 PM

THE ASAHI SHIMBUN, Japan’s premier newspaper of the left, has a reputation similar to that of the New York Times of perversely creating problems for its own country where none need exist. The Times, for example, has revealed information-gathering techniques employed against terrorists, rendering them useless.

https://ampontan.wordpress.com/2009/04/25/aso-the-asahi-and-chinese-chutzpah/

The blogger is Bill Sakovich.

William Sakovich, the blogger behind the Ampontan blog, has passed away

Hope123
Posted: Friday, March 03, 2017 9:55:15 PM

Almo,

If you don't like what the press and the Justice Department are now finding out about wrong doing in your party's leaders, just blame Obama for creating fake news, even if it was done by honest whistle blowers who just want to keep their jobs but still expose wrong doing! Go on the offensive to detract from the real news.

And of course the whistleblowers are going to be people against Trump's administration, just as Conservatives tried to jam up Obama (and Hillary) many times. Trump himself believes that it is business as usual and not some Conspiracy theory.

This is what Conservatives are now calling "Deep State" in the US. People like to believe Conspiracy theories. Actually find them thrilling and reassuring. And this woman obviously watches and believes Fox News who says Obama perfected the "Deep State" system he inherited, as Breitbart calls it.

Sessions has admitted to talking to Russia and I saw the video where he denied it under oath. And he is the Attorney General, for goodness sakes.

Now that he is caught he is back pedaling and says it was only Senate business. As if he is not smart enough or experienced enough to know perception is everything in Washington! And that they are monitoring contacts with Russia, especially by government officials and campaigns during an election and while Russia was known to be hacking the US. They and he must have figured they/he could get away with it..... Kushner and others have now admitted to meetings.

"Rush Limbaugh" accepts this Florida caller's reasoning even though it is completely ass backwards.

To drain the swamp, you get rid of the bad guys, which is what the whistleblowers are doing by leaking the information about wrong doing which so far has been proven to be correct.

This Russia issue is a matter of American Security and should not be a partisan issue.

But enough of the infighting in the US that is dragging down this administration.

I find the story on Drago's link much more disconcerting. Thanks for the info, Drago.

Edited - Two new posts I have not read yet...

TheParser
Posted: Saturday, March 04, 2017 5:26:03 AM

Neurons: 17,837
A million thanks, ALMO, from us fair-minded members for that transcript of Mr. Limbaugh's radio program.

The "caller" is really an informed person.

That transcript made my day!

Everything that the "caller" said is 100% true. Wow! It was wonderful. It exposed what is really going on!

I am a nobody with no power to stop the sabotage against our wonderful president.

The only thing I can do is to tear to shreds the many subscription offers that I receive from the NEW YORK TIMES. (Yes, I know how pathetic and pitiful that gesture is!)

We fair-minded members are so delighted that you have become a member.

These forums are starved for the views of people who refuse to parrot the liberals' politically correct agenda.

I wish more guests would register so that they can post their comments. But I can understand if they prefer to stay neutral. In any case, they were educated by what the "caller" said.

Have a GREAT day!
Hope123
Posted: Saturday, March 04, 2017 7:11:38 AM

Thank you Almo, for making me curious about Conspiracy Theorists and this woman caller's belief in Deep State which is only business as usual depending upon which group is in power.

This article is very illuminating as to why people believe conspiracy theories. It reassures them, among other things. It just explained some causes of what happened with the US election, and the article predates the election.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/donald-trump-hillary-clinton-debate-conspiracy-theories-women-rigged-elections-psychologist-bizarre-a7353886.html

"As a psychologist who specialises in conspiracy theorists, this is what I can tell you about Donald Trump's bizarre beliefs"

"Conspiracy theorising has a long history in American politics. Since the early nineteenth century, political movements have been forged around the idea that different groups – the Illuminati, Freemasons, Catholics, Jews, or communists – are plotting against America, and are seeking to undermine its traditions and way of life. The intended audience for this kind of conspiratorial fantasy has always been the dispossessed, those who feel that America is being taken away from them. In 2016 these are predominantly white men, threatened by changing demographics in America, and by the loss of job security and economic power after the crisis of 2008. (A crisis created by the wealthy and those trying to get wealthy using improper methods. The very people in the White House now. Job loss has also been happening for a long time through automation and technology. My brackets.)

The appeal of conspiracy theories lies in the fact that they reduce complex social issues to a simple, emotionally charged tale of good and evil. What is more, conspiracy theories are always underpinned by a comforting sense of naïve optimism. No matter how strong the adversary is, or how tight their grip on power appears to be, they are always seen also as vulnerable, desperate and approaching final defeat. Thus, many of Trump’s followers seek solace in the belief that his electoral success and the purity of their own convictions are all that is required for the liberal establishment to crumble, and for America to be “great again”.

Hope123
Posted: Saturday, March 04, 2017 7:31:01 AM

Another quote from psychologist's article about Trump himself.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/donald-trump-hillary-clinton-debate-conspiracy-theories-women-rigged-elections-psychologist-bizarre-a7353886.html

"This feature of Trump’s political style is most clearly manifested in the tendency to veer off message, and mix the carefully drafted speeches with improvised tirades and half-thought-through jokes and innuendos about political opponents, ethnic and religious minorities, women and the disabled; in fact, about every demographic except white male voters...

It is in these unscripted comments, delivered in town halls or in late night tweets, that Trump’s affinity for conspiracy theories is most clearly revealed. (My brackets - "the media is the enemy of the people" conspiracy theory is an example)

Look beyond the slogans such as “Make America great again!” or the promises of more jobs and better trade deals, and you will find a terrifying world of malign plots, machinations, corruption and murder, of America on the brink of apocalypse. " End quote.

Listen to the superlative words he uses all the time, and the use of such words as disaster, stupid, moron, weak, dangerous, bad, out-of-control, a mess, terrible, dishonest, broken, chaos, turmoil, called a press member repulsive etc

Repeated over and over again - an effective selling tool for a salesman - which he is.

::::::

Trump is getting really sick and tired that he and his campaign are being accused of all the things they have done. As are the supporters. Whistle

::::::

When he calls the press names, treats them arrogantly and dismissively, boycotts some of them, and praises only the one that gives him tidbits of approval, it is no wonder the press "dislikes" him.

You always get what you give.

But the press still try to do their job - reporting truthfully that he "he looked" presidential, even if the words were not what he has said previously and may not really believe.

They are still going to do the job of holding him and power accountable to ALL people, as they have for all administrations. It has nothing to do with their personal affiliations or who won the election. Those are handy excuses to detract from what he is doing and his campaign did.

Romany
Posted: Saturday, March 04, 2017 1:20:30 PM

Thanks for the links, as usual guys -

It clarifies why someone on a forum, then, would find it rational to imagine cliques and associations; and all the attendant emotions of savage passion lurking beneath a mild-mannered dictionary site?
Romany
Posted: Saturday, March 04, 2017 1:20:33 PM

Thanks for the links, as usual guys -

It clarifies why someone on a forum, then, would find it rational to imagine cliques and associations; and all the attendant emotions of savage passion lurking beneath a mild-mannered dictionary site?
tunaafi
Posted: Sunday, March 05, 2017 5:21:33 AM

Neurons: 50,561
TheParser wrote:
We fair-minded members

Whistle

Far away is close at hand in images of elsewhere – The Master of Paddington.
Jyrkkä Jätkä
Posted: Sunday, March 05, 2017 10:13:38 AM

Neurons: 226,557
I just can't but wonder this guy. d'oh!

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.
Romany
Posted: Sunday, March 05, 2017 10:31:18 AM

JJ - remember when your son was going through the Terrible Twos? Well, he grew out of them, right?

It's just that some people never do!
Jyrkkä Jätkä
Posted: Sunday, March 05, 2017 10:43:51 AM

Neurons: 226,557
My two sons, Romany. They were like angels at that age, just like I was at my time. See the picture ;-)

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.
Romany
Posted: Monday, March 06, 2017 4:20:11 AM

JJ - Liar Liar
Drag0nspeaker
Posted: Monday, March 06, 2017 5:27:59 PM

Neurons: 128,032
There are angels - and there are angels . . .

Wyrd bið ful aræd - bull!
Romany
Posted: Monday, March 06, 2017 5:36:40 PM

Ah, that's my kind of Byronic angel!

Thanks Drago. I'll take two, please.
Hope123
Posted: Monday, March 06, 2017 8:14:16 PM

Here's mine. (And rich too. lol)

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/01/world/trudeau-shirtless-pic-trnd/

almo 1
Posted: Tuesday, March 07, 2017 1:49:49 AM

Drag0nspeaker wrote:

It seems that its office is located in Tokyo but not much info about its background:
wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Diplomat

This is from uscc.gov/sites:

March 15, 2016

China’s Security Environment and Threat Perception

https://www.uscc.gov/sites/default/pdf

whatson
Posted: Friday, March 17, 2017 8:38:46 PM

Neurons: 1,527
Slovak cartoon:
http://ipravda.sk/res/2017/03/17/thumbs/danglar-18-3-2017-nestandard1.jpg
Mother Merkel feeding baby Donald from a baby bottle of DIPLOMACY.
On the floor: A discarded bottle of ARROGANCE
progpen
Posted: Saturday, March 18, 2017 9:05:47 AM

Neurons: 127,740
@Hope123
Only PM Trudeau can rock a brown corduroy jacket. I just look like a frumpy old fart stuck in the 70's when I wear mine.

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. ― Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Hope123
Posted: Saturday, March 18, 2017 1:02:08 PM

progpen wrote:
@Hope123
Only PM Trudeau can rock a brown corduroy jacket. I just look like a frumpy old fart stuck in the 70's when I wear mine.

Yeah, I've seen pix of him in all kinds of cultural dress still looking great.

But don't forget that pic of him is years ago too. He was younger and had that gorgeous hair. That was probably in the late eighties or early nineties. He was born in 1971.

Can't comment about you! Bet you are hard on yourself!

Not too long ago I finally got my husband to throw out the suede yellow, dark blue, pink, and white jackets he had for the dances during our winters in FL. He had not worn them in years. Dancing