Posted: Thursday, March 02, 2017 7:27:15 AM

Neurons: 786,733
Be Honest: Trump’s Banning Muslims & Purging Hispanics
The Resistance with Keith Olbermann

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e8pwXWSL7s
Hope123
Posted: Thursday, March 02, 2017 11:04:38 AM

Neurons: 34,271
Oscar, I will watch the video later. Does he mention The VOICE introduced by T in his speech to Congress?

It is an an acronym for an office where they will publish a weekly list of crimes committed by illegal immigrants who are mostly law-abiding. It is similar to a weekly list of Jews' alleged crimes published in the 1930s.

It will also give special help for any victims of said crime. What about all the other victims of crime committed by legal residents?

By creating this entity, Trump singles out the crimes of a small minority within an already marginalized minority. It is like what our previous CDN government tried to do by setting up a hot line to report Muslims and Canadians did not like it to the tune of that government lost the election.

Where is his proof that immigrants commit more crime than home-growns? There are numerous studies to show that (even illegal) immigrants are less likely to commit crime than those born in the US. He is saying they are a menace to society. Is he preparing the US for something worse than deportation and a wall? I would not think so but we have to wait to find out. One supporter before the election said they should shoot them but I don't think the American people would stand for that.

How you make something seem like the truth even when it isn't, is to do what he did here. Make it seem normal.

Exaggerate every piece of evidence that goes to the view you want and ignore the evidence that says the opposite. Even though it is atypical and not representative, but suits your purposes, have a media blitz about the exaggerated bits. Thus create fear and hatred, and the public will then want punitive measures such as deportation and a wall. Some, even if it is not established policy, go the extra mile and commit violence, even attack and kill the marginalized minority. We have seen this happening already.

Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die. Buddha
NKM
Posted: Thursday, March 02, 2017 5:45:19 PM

Neurons: 126,754
Just some more of Trump's "alternative facts."

Oscar D. Grouch
Posted: Saturday, March 04, 2017 6:28:42 AM

Neurons: 786,733
Hope123 wrote:
Exaggerate every piece of evidence that goes to the view you want and ignore the evidence that says the opposite. Even though it is atypical and not representative, but suits your purposes, have a media blitz about the exaggerated bits. Thus create fear and hatred...

That's what started the Iraq war. I guess we can call George W. Bush, Dick Cheney, Carl Rove and the rest of the banana republicans the "founders of ISIS."
TheParser
Posted: Monday, March 06, 2017 7:22:21 AM

Neurons: 18,583
Dear Fair-minded Readers:

Please be very careful about what Mr. Obermann has to say. He is not the most objective person in the world!

Here is the truth.

1. President Trump is not "banning Muslims."

a. He respects all religions.
b. His interest is in protecting this country.
c. Since terrorists have come from those countries, it is only common sense to carefully vet them.
d. We don't want more terrorism, such as happened in California. The couple that slaughtered their fellow workers had not been properly vetted.
e. Our president wants to put national security before political correctness.

2. President Trump is not "purging Hispanics."

a. He respects all ethnicities.
b. Many Hispanics work for him.
c. The "liberals" were shocked that some thinking Hispanics actually voted for him.
d. He simply feels that people should NOT just walk into this country without permission.

i. It shows disrespect for our laws.
ii. It puts a burden on American taxpayers (education, health services, etc., for undocumented immigrants).

e. Our president knows that this is a land of immigrants (look at our wonderful First Lady). But he wants to do what every country has a right to do: decide how many immigrants the country can afford to take in each year.

Since you are fair-minded people, I am sure that you will ignore the "untruths" that the sore loser "liberals" are spreading.

Believe me, there are other TFD members who support our President, but they are afraid to express their views, lest they incur the anger of a handful of members who think that they are the bosses of these forums.

Have a nice day!
Lotje1000
Posted: Monday, March 06, 2017 7:37:47 AM

Neurons: 324,244
TheParser wrote:
c. Since terrorists have come from those countries, it is only common sense to carefully vet them.

Terrorists have not come from those seven countries he targets. They've come from countries like Saudi Arabia which is not on Trump's list, oddly enough.

TheParser wrote:
c. The "liberals" were shocked that some thinking Hispanics actually voted for him.

In all honesty, I'm shocked anyone votes for Trump.

TheParser wrote:
look at our wonderful First Lady

Your wonderful First Lady who, if she'd been an immigrant under Trump's system, would have been kicked out in no time. In particular because she broke the law, earning a large amount of money while using a tourist visa, then lied about that when she applied for a green card.

TheParser wrote:
Believe me, there are other TFD members who support our President, but they are afraid to express their views, lest they incur the anger of a handful of members who think that they are the bosses of these forums.

I don't know, I saw Wilmar proclaim "Go Trump" and incur no wrath. Your suffering, however, has less to do with you supporting Trump and more to do with your attitude on the forums.