The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Deportation of Mexicans and the Wall - Actual Costs to the US Economy/Smith Fox News - CNN is NOT F Options
Hope123
Posted: Sunday, February 26, 2017 12:34:21 PM

Neurons: 34,271
The costs of deportation and the wall is not just in human lives and their disruption, and not just in tangible costs of bricks, mortar, and labor, and the increase in numbers of less qualified security guards for which taxpayers are paying. But it also affects the whole US economy.

These are other facts T does not want the media to tell. So he bans from press conferences any media that is unfavorable to his policies. The media that is NOT fake news. See Fox News anchor Shepard Smith's video on second link.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/25/opinion/the-costs-of-mr-trumps-dragnet.html?_r=0

:::::::

Fox News Shepard Smith says CNN is not fake news.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/321111-foxs-shepard-smith-cnn-is-not-fake-news

Quote - "Fox News anchor Shepard Smith defended CNN on Friday after the news organization was barred from spokesman Sean Spicer’s question-and-answer session at the White House.

"For the record, 'fake news' refers to stories that are created, often by entities pretending to be news organizations, solely to draw clicks and views and are based on nothing of substance," Smith said during his program.

"In short, fake news is made up nonsense delivered for financial gain. CNN’s reporting was not fake news. Its journalists followed the same standards to which other news organizations, including Fox News, adhere," he added.

CNN was not the only news organization to be barred from attending Spicer’s "gaggle." Others included Politico, The Hill, BuzzFeed, the Daily Mail, BBC, the Los Angeles Times and the New York Daily News.

CNN also criticized the administration's tactics Friday, calling it "an unacceptable development by the Trump White House."

Also posted in two other threads with similar themes.

Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die. Buddha
almo 1
Posted: Sunday, February 26, 2017 12:42:31 PM

Neurons: 1,615
progpen
Posted: Sunday, February 26, 2017 3:03:31 PM

Neurons: 135,083
The Dumpster's wall will be built when he gets off his ass an puts some elbow grease into building "his" wall. We will all watch.

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. ― Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
azbnb
Posted: Sunday, February 26, 2017 5:00:25 PM

Neurons: 339,585
Thanks for the heads up, Canada. But the NY Times is a rag and the expense doesn't make illegal immigration right. For far too long our economy has tolerated cheap wages accepted by illegal immigrants and the total disregard for our nations sovereignty has to stop. President Trump has a better chance of understanding the situation than President Obama ever did.

The Mountains are CALLING And I must go - John Muir
Hope123
Posted: Sunday, February 26, 2017 9:09:11 PM

Hi azbnb

"The NY Times is a rag" - I've heard that too. (I've heard all media except Fox News are rags.) I'm sure other media sources have the figures and at any rate the statistics are there if one does the homework.

Just curious. Do you think deporting Mexicans is going to help your own personal wallet? Or is it only about the ideal you mention about having your country's sovereignty?

Do you know how many illegal immigrants Obama actually deported? Quietly? While being compassionate about families and making sure the criminals were deported? I do. Do you know that the number of illegals into the US had actually decreased?

Can the US really make Mexico take illegals from other countries? I really would like to know that one. Do you not think Mexico has ways of pushing back such as eliminating the money they spend patrolling both their borders?

If you are willing to spend all the money and the costs to the economy it is no skin off my nose but I thought you might be interested to know some "truthful" facts. Seems weird that I have to use both words these days when using both would have been redundant not too long ago.
::::;
Also curious. Should Canada stop taking illegal refugees from the US?

There is a treaty between the two countries so that neither can take refugees from the other as they are both supposed to be safe countries. There is pressure for our government to rescind that as the US is not considered to be a safe country since January 20th, 2017.

People have lost their hands and feet from frostbite while getting here. Should we send them back right then instead of putting them in hospital or jail?

The southern border is your problem as you hint, so as long as you know what's happening and are fine with it, all's copacetic with me.

But I sincerely would like to know your opinion of what we should do with illegals crossing in to Canada from the US, as Canadians are debating.

Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die. Buddha
progpen
Posted: Monday, February 27, 2017 7:34:19 AM

azbnb wrote:
Thanks for the heads up, Canada. But the NY Times is a rag and the expense doesn't make illegal immigration right. For far too long our economy has tolerated cheap wages accepted by illegal immigrants and the total disregard for our nations sovereignty has to stop. President Trump has a better chance of understanding the situation than President Obama ever did.

It does 'sound' correct when you say it, but illegal immigration does not drive down wages. What does drive down wages is union busting and legislation that allows corporations and businesses to race to the bottom instead of build better standards of living.

Also, the only total disregard of sovereignty has been by the current administration and by the Republican party leadership over the past 30 years. The current administration understands fear mongering and not much else.

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. ― Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
progpen
Posted: Monday, February 27, 2017 6:54:33 PM

One more minor correction to your post, azbnb. The current president is not capable of understanding. He is quite simply not capable of understanding policy, law, logistics, history, science or politics because his insecurity and ego will not allow him to admit that he does not already know everything.

almo 1
Posted: Monday, February 27, 2017 10:19:53 PM

Recently a woman was deported after almost 30 years living in the UK with her British husband and sons:

www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/woman

progpen
Posted: Wednesday, March 01, 2017 2:22:09 PM

The current administration's war against the 4th Estate is by far and away the most un-American, un-Patriotic and un-Wise thing they have done yet. That is not to say they will not do something even more un-Wise, but for now this is enough. I've seen people making excuses for this behaviour by saying they just don't understand what they are doing, but they do understand and that's what should keep American citizens up at night. If the current administration is ever able to silence the 4th Estate, then there will be no way out for any of us. It will be "End of Game", we all lose, and no do over.

Hope123
Posted: Wednesday, March 01, 2017 2:40:28 PM

I had forgotten that the 4th Estate is the media.

http://uspolitics.about.com/od/politicaljunkies/a/fourth_estate.htm

Why Should You Care?
"The First Amendment to the Constitution "frees" the press but carries with it a responsibility to be the people's watchdog.

However, the traditional newspaper (if there really is such an animal) is threatened by shrinking readership. Television is focused on entertainment, even when it dresses it up as "news." Radio is threatened by satellites. All are confronted with the frictionless distribution enabled by the Internet, the disruptive effects of digital information. None have figured out a business model that pays for content at today's rates.

Bloggers may be great at filtering and framing information, but few have the time or resources to perform acts of investigative journalism."

almo 1
Posted: Wednesday, March 01, 2017 3:11:36 PM

New York Times Tokyo branch office is in a building whose owner is Japan's major leftist newspaper. They are working together.

In Japan, left means pro-china/korea(communist party).