The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Thank you, President Trump Options
TheParser
Posted: Thursday, February 23, 2017 4:03:39 AM

Neurons: 17,909
Dear Mr. President:

Some TFD members are afraid to express the following, so I will do so in their behalf.

Millions of Americans and foreign friends wish to thank you for the good job that you are trying to do for the United States and the world.

1. You want to prevent even one terrorist from entering the country.

2. You want to deport every violent undocumented immigrant.

3. You want to help stop the horrific violence in Chicago.

4. You want to create a good environment in order to grow jobs.

5. You want to think outside the box regarding Russia, China, and Iran.

You want to not only talk the talk, you want to actually walk the walk.

Rational people know that you are NOT a bigot. In reality, you are less of a bigot than many people who go around proclaiming how much they love everyone. (For example, those movie stars who live in closely guarded gated communities and send their children to expensive private schools.)

Some "liberals" genuinely fear you.

That's because unscrupulous individuals are whipping up hysteria.

Some "liberals" are also gaining financially by all this chaos.

The New York Times (a failing newspaper) is now experiencing a soaring number of subscriptions.

Many "liberal" organizations (that used to beg for funds) have proudly announced that millions and millions and millions of dollars are now flowing into their coffers.

(I am now leaving the "Politics" forum. I shall return whenever I feel that the silent members want me to speak for them.)
Lotje1000
Posted: Thursday, February 23, 2017 5:16:54 AM

Neurons: 317,012
Dear TheParser

You seem to have trouble with some fundamental bits of knowledge, so let me offer you assistance:

To ignore someone on a forum means you don't read their posts. You also don't respond to them (however supposedly vague) or to anyone else with vague mention to said 'ignored' posts.

To persuade forum members not to quit the forum, you send them a private message directly. You do not post globally without even mentioning the person's name, that just makes it confusing. Not to mention, if the member has indeed left the forums, they won't get to see the post anyway. If you send a private message, on the other hand, you ensure the person receives an email in their inbox telling them to go to the forums and see their message.

And finally, to talk to the president, I recommend you find an alternate route than a language forum. I don't know what Trump gets up to in his free time, but I would be very surprised to find him on here. A cursory glance at google has taught me you can send an email to president@whitehouse.gov or a letter to The White House, 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20500. You can also try the phone number 202-456-1111. And given that it's Trump, you could also try Twitter.

I'll demonstrate my second point to you now: You said you've left the politics forum so the best way to reach you now, would be to pm you. I will duly send the contents of this post to you by pm.
tunaafi
Posted: Thursday, February 23, 2017 6:06:36 AM

Neurons: 50,561
TheParser wrote:
Some TFD members are afraid to express the following,
What evidence have you for this preposterous claim?

Quote:
unscrupulous individuals are whipping up hysteria.

What evidence have you for this preposterous claim?

Quote:
The New York Times (a failing newspaper) is now experiencing a soaring number of subscriptions.

How can a newspaper that is experiencing a soaring number of subscriptions be a failing newspaper?

Quote:
I am now leaving the "Politics" forum.

Ah, I see. You want us to read what you say, but you don't want to read any responses. Why am I not surprised?

Quote:
I shall return whenever I feel that the silent members want me to speak for them.)

I do wonder how you know that silent members want you to speak for them. Is telepathy one of your talents?

Far away is close at hand in images of elsewhere – The Master of Paddington.
Andrew Schultz
Posted: Thursday, February 23, 2017 9:31:21 AM

Neurons: 385,575
Oh, okay, I'll bite.

TheParser wrote:
Dear Mr. President:

Millions of Americans and foreign friends wish to thank you for the good job that you are trying to do for the United States and the world.

But I thought Trump was about getting things done and not just talking a good game! Have the goalposts shifted?

TheParser wrote:
1. You want to prevent even one terrorist from entering the country.

If a Google employee or two, or a med student, or a postdoc student, gets snagged too, eh, no big deal. Or a four-month-old who needs heart surgery.

TheParser wrote:
2. You want to deport every violent undocumented immigrant.

And, to be sure, overkill things by violently deporting undocumented immigrants. Many of whom very nonviolently pay more taxes than Trump ever has, or who maybe have the right papers to have fled a violent regime.

TheParser wrote:
3. You want to help stop the horrific violence in Chicago.

I live here. I know it is a matter of a few very bad neighborhoods. This needs to be fixed, but Chicago is far from the worst, and some alternate solutions to sending in the feds are here: https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/chicagos-murder-rate-is-rising-but-it-isnt-unprecedented/. Also, a week after his tweet, things cooled down and the statistical increases for the first 31 days turned out to be about the same as in 2016. Small sample sizes are misleading that way.

TheParser wrote:
4. You want to create a good environment in order to grow jobs.

Obama grew jobs. You may think they are not good ones, but Trump's given no evidence he wants to add good ones. In fact, as noted with the executive order above, he's getting in the way of people doing their jobs.

TheParser wrote:
5. You want to think outside the box regarding Russia, China, and Iran.

When it comes to Putin, he's getting boxed in. Also, you forgot North Korea and Trump having people bring lit cellphones to read documents in the dark at Mar-a-Lago.

TheParser wrote:
You want to not only talk the talk, you want to actually walk the walk.

Yes, some of the scarier stuff he said that people brushed off and said, well, we'll vote for him anyway...he's doing that. It's, to use your repetition, scary.

TheParser wrote:
Rational people know that you are NOT a bigot. In reality, you are less of a bigot than many people who go around proclaiming how much they love everyone. (For example, those movie stars who live in closely guarded gated communities and send their children to expensive private schools.)

Stars who believe that people who can't afford a super expensive education still deserve a good one. Also, fame has its drawbacks. Stars who don't mock a reporter's disability.

Also, Trump asked a black reporter how to set up a meeting with the Congressional Black Caucus. Which is just silly.

Quote:
Some "liberals" genuinely fear you.

That's because unscrupulous individuals are whipping up hysteria.

Some such unscrupulous individuals aren't even associated with Trump. Hey-yo! (But seriously, PizzaGate happened. Anti-Hillary lies happened. BENGHAZI BENGHAZI BENGHAZI happened without any admission the Republican congress cut security budgets.)

We're glad that the government has loyal nonpartisans who use information to tell Trump, no, you can't just push a button and change reality. We want them to know that we appreciate them.

Quote:
Some "liberals" are also gaining financially by all this chaos.

Many "liberal" organizations (that used to beg for funds) have proudly announced that millions and millions and millions of dollars are now flowing into their coffers.

Private prison stock jumped 50% on November 9th. Trump -- and his counselor Kellyanne Conway -- badmouthed Nordstrom for dropping Ivanka Trump's clothing line.

The only real huckster I'm aware of is Jill Stein, a nominal leftist who met with Putin and Michael Flynn and asked for money to finance a vote recount in several states, which got aborted anyway.

As for fearmongering, I'm sure gun companies in general are thrilled with Trump.

As for some orgs who risk getting their funds cut, well, donations are the only way to make up for that. If you say you are speaking for silent people as below, I say, these donations are a way for people to show what they REALLY care about and don't want to lose.

TheParser wrote:
(I am now leaving the "Politics" forum. I shall return whenever I feel that the silent members want me to speak for them.)

I'm sure you have a rational way to judge this. Just as "rational" people know Trump is not a bigot?

I particularly enjoy the idiom section of this fine website.
hedy mmm
Posted: Thursday, February 23, 2017 9:39:33 AM

Neurons: 334,108
Thank you TheParser you are a breath of fresh air.

YOU ARE 100% ON TARGET!

I'll see you on the TFD Topic forums where the bêtise/echo chamber will never be.

Let the bêtise of TFD deal with it.....hedy Applause Applause Dancing Dancing Applause Applause

"God graced us with today....don't waste it." hedy
Lotje1000
Posted: Thursday, February 23, 2017 9:49:56 AM

hedy mmm wrote:
I'll see you on the TFD Topic forums where the bêtise/echo chamber will never be.

How ironic.

Quote:
Inside a figurative echo chamber, official sources often go unquestioned and different or competing views are censored, disallowed, or otherwise underrepresented.

(Emphasis mine)
Lucie
Posted: Thursday, February 23, 2017 9:51:11 AM

Neurons: 375
"1. You want to prevent even one terrorist from entering the country."

And yet, he and his white male administration conveniently forget to acknowledge that the vast majority of terror attacks (mass shootings, bombings) in the USA have been committed by white men who supposedly identify as "christians," and the Republican party is deep in the pockets of the NRA, so our country continues to drown in guns. Are we going to have a travel ban on white men? Gun control? Nope.

Also, quite conveniently for 45 and his family, countries in which his family business have interests were left off the travel ban, while other Muslim-majority countries were subject to the ban, despite the fact that no terrorists (in the USA) have originated from those countries.

45 and his cronies are frauds.
Hope123
Posted: Thursday, February 23, 2017 10:50:31 AM

Neurons: 33,178
I would like to objectively add that it would appear to me that :

illegally interacting and interfering with the sitting president's orders with a foreign country and then lying about it should be investigated as thoroughly as lying about a blow job.

Sometimes the longest way around is the shortest way home. Anon
Hope123
Posted: Thursday, February 23, 2017 11:01:12 AM

Hedy, using a fancy word for stupid is still name calling. By repeating this one more time in this power play that has been going on for years that you have joined, you just lost any empathy I had expressed. It is no wonder people pushed back at you. You get what you give.

I dealt with criticisms about my Prime Ministers in a thread about housing in Toronto by expressing facts, without needing to rely on name calling because my whole identity is not locked up in my leader so that I become overly sensitive to any criticism towards him.

In fact I criticized my leader in an area where I think he is wrong. Any leader can and should be criticized. To follow blindly just because he is the leader is not being a responsible citizen.

tunaafi
Posted: Thursday, February 23, 2017 11:54:40 AM

hedy mmm wrote:

If by 'Topic forums' you are referring to the Vocabulary, Grammar and Literature forums, You will find that several of our members who are (as we know from the Politics forum) opposed to Trump and his policies, do post in these forums. Unlike The Parser, they do not introduce political ideas into them.

azbnb
Posted: Thursday, February 23, 2017 12:00:17 PM

Neurons: 318,211
All we are saying, is give Trump a chance. Can't we all just get along?

The Mountains are CALLING And I must go - John Muir
Gary98
Posted: Thursday, February 23, 2017 2:04:06 PM

Neurons: 1,777,388
azbnb wrote:

Obviously not very well. We have had a civil war once. Hope we had smartened up and will not start another one.
Gary98
Posted: Thursday, February 23, 2017 2:23:42 PM

Neurons: 1,777,388
Argument here is quite spirited, and fine with meApplause

Everyone, let it out.
OnTheVerge
Posted: Thursday, February 23, 2017 3:09:12 PM

Neurons: 288,560
Fellow Readers,

To those who would waste their time arguing for what, in my opinion, is the fundamentally flawed human being that is our 45th, cannot be reasoned and/or compromised with. They are determined to support and defend him till the end, even if it means the very destruction of our Democracy, our Freedom, our Liberty.

Remember, Those who would forego their Liberty for, at best, temporary Security, Deserve neither!

Knowledge ... will be the best security for maintaining our liberties. A nation of well-informed citizens, who have been taught to know and prize the rights that have been given to them, cannot be enslaved. It is in the regions of ignorance that tyranny reigns.

Men grow tired of sleep, love, drink, singing, and dancing sooner than war!
Lotje1000
Posted: Thursday, February 23, 2017 4:09:20 PM

azbnb wrote:

I'd love to get along! But I think we've all given Trump quite a few chances and he's not improving. At all.
TheParser
Posted: Saturday, February 25, 2017 8:16:29 AM

hedy mmm wrote:

I'll see you on the TFD ...

Good morning, Hedy, from California, which is talking about seceding from the United States because they do not like President Trump. Say, didn't the Southern states secede because they didn't like President Lincoln? Oh, well, the usual double standard again.

Great news that you plan to return -- when you feel like it.

This time certain individuals will treat you with more respect, for they know that fair-minded members, guests, and the administrators/moderators will be watching them.

Hope you post across all forums, including this one.

Speaking of which, have you read Mr. Schultz's post in this thread?

He disagreed with everything that I wrote to our wonderful president.

Yet he did NOT use one word of personal invective toward me.

Have you read the comments of a poster who joined on 11/3/2014?

She believes that it is her place to lecture me on how I choose to interpret the verb "ignore."

She believes that it is her place to invade my in-box. Why? Because she didn't want me to miss her brilliant post.

Her arrogance is un - be - liev -a - ble.

Have you read the comments of a poster who joined on 6/3/2014?

He believes that it is his place to mock me as having telepathy.

In another thread earlier this week, he implied that I was mentally ill.

His "friends" even chortled about what color pill I must have missed.

If you or I had "joked" about mental illness, the clique would have run screaming and weeping to the administrators/monitors.

The sanctimonious hypocrisy of those "liberals" is un - be -liev - a - ble.

tunaafi
Posted: Saturday, February 25, 2017 9:08:43 AM

TheParser wrote:

This time certain individuals will treat you with more respect, for they know that fair-minded members, guests, and the administrators/moderators will be watching them.

What are you on about?

Quote:
He believes that it is his place to mock me as having telepathy.

It seems to me to be legitimate to ask, as I did, "I do wonder how you know that silent members want you to speak for them. Is telepathy one of your talents?" after you have just written "I shall return whenever I feel that the silent members want me to speak for them."

Quote:
the clique would have run screaming and weeping to the administrators/monitors.

Telepathy again?

almo 1
Posted: Saturday, February 25, 2017 11:38:58 AM

Neurons: 1,286

New definition/meaning of "racist" was created by liberals, and which is spreading, I guess. That is troublesome.

tunaafi
Posted: Saturday, February 25, 2017 12:44:24 PM

almo 1 wrote:
New definition/meaning of "racist" was created by liberals,

Which definition is that? As far as I can see, nobody has mentioned the word 'racist' in this thread.

will
Posted: Saturday, February 25, 2017 1:06:08 PM

Neurons: 3,755
As long as I’ve been visiting this site, there have been people having hissy fits over some perceived injustice or other; there have always been people complaining about cliques or bulling; countless people have dramatically stormed off… then come back… and stormed off again..

I can assure you, as the real spokesperson for the silent majority Whistle , we have seen it all before... by all means savour your moment in the limelight, but don’t let it go to your head.

Hope123
Posted: Saturday, February 25, 2017 4:59:10 PM

Hi Will,

Robert Louis Stevenson makes a good general point -

tunaafi
Posted: Saturday, February 25, 2017 5:00:38 PM

will wrote:
countless people have dramatically stormed off… then come back… and stormed off again..

Anxious

TheParser
Posted: Sunday, February 26, 2017 7:42:15 AM

almo 1 wrote:

New definition/meaning of "racist" was created by liberals.

"Yes" and "No."

YES.

Some celebrities on TV (and many Internet forum posters) misuse that word on purpose. They want to bludgeon their opponents into silence.

I just realized yesterday that those celebrities and posters are NOT actually "liberals."

NO.

I also just realized that a genuine liberal is an admirable person. He wants to make this a better world. He would never, ever use that word to describe President Trump and his supporters. Such an intellectually dishonest tactic would never, ever be used by a genuine liberal, for she has too much respect for herself, respect for other human beings, and -- above all -- respect for the English language.
Харбин Хэйлунцзян 1
Posted: Sunday, February 26, 2017 8:00:11 AM

Neurons: 100,527
TheParser wrote:
I just realized yesterday that those celebrities and posters are NOT actually "liberals."

It's quite a long time that we in Russia use another word for them - liberast.
tunaafi
Posted: Sunday, February 26, 2017 8:41:57 AM

TheParser wrote:
I also just realized that a genuine liberal is an admirable person.

You say the sweetest things sometimes. I am blushing.

Quote:
He wants to make this a better world. He would never, ever use that word to describe President Trump and his supporters. Such an intellectually dishonest tactic would never, ever be used by a genuine liberal.

Or perhaps you are just giving us an example of the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_Scotsman fallacy.

TheParser
Posted: Sunday, February 26, 2017 9:09:03 AM

Харбин Хэйлунцзян 1 wrote:

It's quite a long time that we in Russia use another word for them.

Very interesting!

As I said, I suddenly realized yesterday that most Americans who call themselves "liberals" are giving a bad name to a noble word.

Those American "liberals" who are saying the crudest things about President Trump and those "liberals" who are engaging in violence or encouraging other people to defy the law are NOT genuine liberals.

A genuine liberal is someone who has a definite plan and tries to get it implemented through constant dialogue with all groups. A genuine liberal has no taste for insulting or threatening people who have a different point of view. A genuine liberal does not want to cause civil unrest. A genuine liberal is not seething with hatred and self-righteousness.

The other day I saw on TV a meeting being held by some members of Parliament in London.

They were discussing the planned visit of President Trump to the United Kingdom.

There were speakers from different political parties.

They were vigorous in debate but always polite and there was no personal invective. There was even humor. Every speaker meekly obeyed the chairman's orders.

Such a civilized debate could NOT take place in the United States now.

Hope123
Posted: Sunday, February 26, 2017 11:04:55 AM

Hi Parser,

From what I have read, British Parliament can be combative too. Posters from the UK will have better info about that. I did not see the debate you are referring to about it being civil - as it should be. I wish Canadian Parliament did better in this respect too. Yes, humor is always a good way to get your point across.

But Canadian and British Parliaments are different from the US and can be brought down by "votes of non confidence", so more important issues affecting the country or government itself might bring more combative arguments.

But perhaps in this case they were able to do what is best for the country, be non judgmental, and look at both sides of the argument. And not be a Labor Party or a Unionist Party member first.

And that attitude puts oil on human relations. Understanding both sides is hard to do and do all the time, especially in the heat of argument as in Parliament, or even on this Forum. Then human decency tends to be eroded, and name-calling plus labeling begins.They and we all want their/our ideas to be recognized and then "Power Plays" form and that makes it harder to see both sides of any argument. And we are all human and have all been negatively judgmental, sometimes more so in some situations than in others.

As proof that name-calling, labeling, and derogatory comments don't help, I cite studies that show that when married couples start name-calling, they usually eventually get divorced unless they stop being judgmental.

I found this list about being judgmental when doing research as to human decency for a Psychology thread, but perhaps it explains better what I am trying in my (usual 🙄) roundabout way to say.

Quote - "What are the signs of being judgmental? Here are five:

1. Making a lot of negative moral evaluations of others.

2. Having a moral rating system that is skewed in your own favor.

3. Jumping to negative moral conclusions about others; being inclined to believe the worst.

4. Moving very quickly from judgments of the form "This action is morally wrong" to ones of the form "This person is morally corrupt." (see Don't Be Judgmental, Be Discerning).

5. Acting as if you can know that what so-and-so did was wrong even though you know much less about the context of so-and-so's action than so-and-so.

Being judgmental distorts our perception of other people, of ourselves and of what matters most in living a well-lived human life. It feeds on and engenders a lack of sympathetic understanding of others. It is often linked with other related character flaws: hypocrisy, self-righteousness, malice, insensitivity, and the enjoyment of destructive gossip." End quote.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/bringing-sex-focus/201204/whos-judmental-five-key-symptoms

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/theory-knowledge/201305/making-judgments-and-being-judgmental

progpen
Posted: Sunday, February 26, 2017 2:53:13 PM

Neurons: 128,742
TheParser wrote:
He would never, ever use that word to describe President Trump and his supporters. Such an intellectually dishonest tactic would never, ever be used by a genuine liberal, for she has too much respect for herself, respect for other human beings, and -- above all -- respect for the English language.

I have had my doubts in the past Parser, but you have confirmed them for me.

You wouldn't know a liberal if one walked up and bit you on the behind. A true liberal is not just about being a pacifist and letting conservatives walk all over them, which is the wet dream of damn near every conservative these days.

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. ― Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
progpen
Posted: Sunday, February 26, 2017 3:00:44 PM

There are plenty of wonderful, heroic and patriotic examples of liberals in the US right now and not one of them gives a crap what conservatives want them to be like.

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. ― Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
tunaafi
Posted: Sunday, February 26, 2017 3:34:50 PM

TheParser wrote:
A genuine liberal is someone who has a definite plan and tries to get it implemented through constant dialogue with all groups. A genuine liberal has no taste for insulting or threatening people who have a different point of views. A genuine liberal does not want to cause civil unrest. A genuine liberal is not seething with hatred and self-righteousness.

Classic 'no true Scotsman'.

You may not have noticed, James, that nobody in this forum who has expressed their dislike of Trump has threatened people with different points of view. Nobody has expressed admiration for civil unrest. Nobody appears to be seething with hatred.

Some of the 'insults' you may have perceived would not be perceived as insults by thicker-skinned people. Pointing out faults/fallacies in your posts is not 'insulting'. It was not one of the liberals who called another member a jerk and a useless piece of garbage or referred to those of us who criticise Trump as the bêtise of TFD who add their 2¢ because they have too much time on their hands and too little mind to actually respect other threads.

As for 'self-righteousness', it was not a liberal who wrote I shall return whenever I feel that the silent members want me to speak for them. It was not a liberal who said of himself I am such a nice person and I am one of the most courteous and respectful members here. It is not liberals who constantly present themselves as fair-minded people or who imply that their posts are civil, courteous, and rational .

ps. In case you have forgotten, the words in italics in the last paragraph are all from posts submitted by you. Those in the preceding paragraph were from posts submitted by a member who, according to you, was driven to the decision to leave the forum by "the vicious comments from certain members".

progpen
Posted: Monday, February 27, 2017 7:59:13 AM

Conservatives have been trying to dictate what liberals should be for quite some time. Seems to be an uncontrollable nervous condition with them, when they see something they don't understand or agree with they try to redefine it so it fits in their world view.

When liberals do not turn the other cheek and do instead fight back, conservatives get all pouty and talk about how "true liberals" would never do that.

When liberals incorporate tactics into their words and actions that are effective and accomplish great things, conservatives redefine those words and actions as subversive and un-American.

Same old, same old.

TheParser
Posted: Monday, February 27, 2017 8:33:31 AM

azbnb wrote:
Can't we all just get along?

NO, Azbnb, we can't!

Internet forums always bring out the worst in the human being.

Those rude, nasty, and impertinent posters are LIONS on the Web, but they are meek as LAMBS in real life.

FATHER TIME, of course, will deal with the current crop of rude posters, but the next crop will be about the same.

When you get time, go to the first forum "Site Features" and click on a thread entitled "Recent Threadjacking/ Antagonism." The first post is from an administrator. It is dated June 2, 2010. (Sorry! I'm too computer illiterate to link.) Even in those "old days," there was a clique that wanted to be the "leader of the pack." IF you agreed with them, everything would be fine and dandy. But if you disagreed, the clique would try to kick you out of the pack.

If you are a younger member, you must be astonished by how a bunch of mostly elderly posters behave. They are setting a terrible example for younger members and guests. It was a bunch of elderly posters who last week joked about what color pill I must be taking for mental illness. It was only last week that a bunch of the elderly were so rude to another poster that the other poster (temporarily) withdrew! No wonder that many younger people no longer respect their elders! Many elders do not deserve respect.

Lotje1000
Posted: Monday, February 27, 2017 9:02:03 AM

TheParser wrote:
No wonder that many younger people no longer respect their elders! Many elders do not deserve respect.

Exactly.
tunaafi
Posted: Monday, February 27, 2017 10:39:57 AM

TheParser wrote:
If you are a younger member, you must be astonished by how a bunch of mostly elderly posters behave. They are setting a terrible example for younger members and guests.

[...]

No wonder that many younger people no longer respect their elders! Many elders do not deserve respect.

Applause Applause Applause I couldn't have put it better myself.

Hope123
Posted: Monday, February 27, 2017 12:03:30 PM

TheParser wrote:
azbnb wrote:
Can't we all just get along?

NO, Azbnb, we can't!

Internet forums always bring out the worst in the human being.

Those rude, nasty, and impertinent posters are LIONS on the Web, but they are meek as LAMBS in real life.

FATHER TIME, of course, will deal with the current crop of rude posters, but the next crop will be about the same.

When you get time, go to the first forum "Site Features" and click on a thread entitled "Recent Threadjacking/ Antagonism." The first post is from an administrator. It is dated June 2, 2010. (Sorry! I'm too computer illiterate to link.) Even in those "old days," there was a clique that wanted to be the "leader of the pack." IF you agreed with them, everything would be fine and dandy. But if you disagreed, the clique would try to kick you out of the pack.

If you are a younger member, you must be astonished by how a bunch of mostly elderly posters behave. They are setting a terrible example for younger members and guests. It was a bunch of elderly posters who last week joked about what color pill I must be taking for mental illness. It was only last week that a bunch of the elderly were so rude to another poster that the other poster (temporarily) withdrew! No wonder that many younger people no longer respect their elders! Many elders do not deserve respect.

:::::::

ROTFL - All five of the signs of being judgmental in one post. And in the one attacking Liberals as well - which is why I posted the Judgmental post to begin with.

:::

Azbnb, we would love to get along but it is very difficult when for five whole years anyone who disagrees with Parser has been judged as wanting with personal attacks such as this on groups and also ad hominem attacks on individuals. Personal attacks are not allowed on the Forum, but he gets around that by not actually calling the person their nom de plume. And anyone who agrees with him on any subject is told to "have a nice day" with other contributors to the thread ignored.

So he gets back what he gives.

You may have noticed I have tried to politely and subtly over the years to get posters to get along but have been ignored.

I was told by Parser to speak out in open forum because he does not like to communicate by Private Message.

So I just did. When he and Hedy stop attacking us (and yes he said several nasty things about my person a while back) he may find that Liberals and Old People can be quite reasonable when treated nicely.