The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Current president's 140 character memory is a relief to Japan's Abe Options
progpen
Posted: Sunday, February 19, 2017 3:29:31 PM

Neurons: 135,083
http://www.scmp.com/week-asia/geopolitics/article/2071849/why-japan-relieved-about-trump

Despite the most awkward handshake in the history of Japanese-US relations, Prime Minister Shinzo Abe returned to Tokyo...declaring the visit had been a resounding success.

And, given the positions that Trump had taken against Japan in the run-up to his election in November, the Japanese leader’s relief is understandable.

Trump never once mentioned his earlier demand that Japan pay more – or, indeed, the entire cost – for US troops stationed there and the suggestion that Japan develop and deploy nuclear weapons that so horrified many never came up.

So, in this case the current president's lack of memory from one tweet to the next turned out for the better.

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. ― Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Hope123
Posted: Sunday, February 19, 2017 4:15:47 PM

Neurons: 34,271
I have seriously wondered about his memory. Or is it just that it is easier to threaten on Twitter than face to face?

Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die. Buddha
Hope123
Posted: Sunday, February 19, 2017 4:16:21 PM

Can't delete duplicate second post.

Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die. Buddha
progpen
Posted: Sunday, February 19, 2017 4:26:55 PM

Neurons: 135,083
Hope, I really think it's cowardice more than lack of memory. But lack of memory is what the Twit'n Chief will fall back on when cornered.

"Never said that. Didn't happen. Fake news. You look foreign, are you illegal?"

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. ― Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Hope123
Posted: Sunday, February 19, 2017 5:29:25 PM

I remember once he said, "Did I say that? I thought it was just a euphenism. (sic)"