The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Barack Obama was hypocritical and Trump revealed the real face of the US administration Options
Yarin
Posted: Sunday, February 12, 2017 5:45:03 PM

Neurons: 1,409
Sayyed Nasrallah said today

“We consider that having a foolish president at the White House as good news to the vulnerable people across the world.”
Sayyed Nasrallah maintained that the former US president Barack Obama was hypocritical in a way that his administration created ISIL to distort the image of Islam, Coran and the Prophet; supported Saudi war on Yemen, starving thousands of the Yemenis; and backed the oppressive regime in Bahrain.
“Trump has not come up with anything new. He just revealed the real face of the racist, oppressive and ugly US administration. “We have to thank him for this.”

progpen
Posted: Sunday, February 12, 2017 5:48:21 PM

Neurons: 144,065
http://www.factcheck.org/2016/08/trumps-false-obama-isis-link/

Actually, Bush created Al Qaeda / ISIL.

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. ― Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Hope123
Posted: Sunday, February 12, 2017 6:36:54 PM

Neurons: 35,292
Yarin you know as much about the US government as we know about your and the Russian government. We both go by what the media tells us. So why don't you tell us what good things they are doing instead of knocking someone else. I for one would be glad to know and learn about other government philosophies and their policies.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. Albert Einstein
Peter O'Connor - Dundalk
Posted: Sunday, February 12, 2017 6:56:35 PM

Neurons: 438,452
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke, Irish statesman.
Yarin
Posted: Sunday, February 12, 2017 7:27:29 PM

Creating ISIL is not a simple crime, but the biggest ever crime against humanity . The US administrations are known by making wars., so I talk about them.
Andrew Schultz
Posted: Sunday, February 12, 2017 9:33:56 PM

Neurons: 496,162
progpen wrote:
http://www.factcheck.org/2016/08/trumps-false-obama-isis-link/

Actually, Bush created Al Qaeda / ISIL.

Al Qaeda was there before Bush. I remember Bush making fun of Clinton for various tactical strikes that attempted to take out Bin Laden.

Also, yes, Yarin's false equivalences have been heard before. With huge power comes huge responsibility and the person with that power may not perform perfectly or be able to satisfy everyone.

But that's different than trying to annoy anyone.

I've developed a quick suspicion for anyone who says "I hate what you hate! Or what you should hate! I' just, uh, better at it!"

I particularly enjoy the idiom section of this fine website.
Yarin
Posted: Monday, February 13, 2017 5:59:46 AM

progpen
Posted: Wednesday, February 15, 2017 9:22:36 AM

Neurons: 144,065
Andrew Schultz wrote:
Al Qaeda was there before Bush. I remember Bush making fun of Clinton for various tactical strikes that attempted to take out Bin Laden.

You are correct, actually it was Reagan's CIA that began funding Osama bin Laden and Al Qaeda.

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. ― Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Yarin
Posted: Wednesday, February 15, 2017 7:26:04 PM

Jeech
Posted: Saturday, February 18, 2017 3:30:21 PM

Neurons: 4,436
The world is in trouble since the west got literate.

*It's wonderful to know that all languages are Greek if not understood.*
OnTheVerge
Posted: Sunday, February 19, 2017 4:13:37 AM

Neurons: 308,928
Yarin wrote:
Creating ISIL is not a simple crime, but the biggest ever crime against humanity. The US administrations are known by making wars., so I talk about them.

Yarin,

What do you know about America other than what your president has told, you read in the papers or on the internet, much of which is falsely created and/or supported by phonies in Russia and around the world! While your opinions are yours, and you have a right to share them, your truths are something being fed by the propagandist arm of your various government agencies.
Either way, to come on to this site and blame people for things that they did not do, and are not responsible for, is far from honest and open discourse.

Russia and her people have contributed much beauty, strength and imagination to the world at large in her long history and the U.S. is not innocent by a long shot, and we are guilty fomenting and sowing much dissent around the globe and. However, compared to the Russian Empire/USSR/Russian Federation's long and storied past we are rank amateurs as your homeland have FACTUALLY invaded and ostracised more peoples, and has been a party to the overtaking of more countries, than any empire since the Romans 2000 years ago.

Please do not invade these pages with non-factual treatesies!

While timorous knowledge stands considering, audacious ignorance hath done the deed
Romany
Posted: Sunday, February 19, 2017 11:12:00 AM

Neurons: 35,989

OTV -

You asked: - "Please do not invade these pages with non-factual treatesies."

Why not?

I mean that's the absolute crux of the whole matter really, isn't it? Normalising untruth because it comes to us from the President, his Cabinet, his representatives, who consider themselves leaders of 'the free world' means dismantling not just one's own societal constructs but that of every country in the world.

Failure of citiens to support the United States Government in its endeavours is now, and always has been, equated to being "Un-American." It is also equated with 'treason'.

If one's own Government not only 'orders' ("The President is 100% correct!" "We will not be questioned") the acceptance of non-factual treaties, statements, press-releases, statistics, and Constitutional precepts, ...but also seeks to enshrine it in law, the moral high horse rather bolts off into the sunset.

And the thing is: - that's not just a prediction of what a Trump coup will generate. It's already becoming part of a world-narrative. And that's barely one month in.

I'm not simply playing Devil's Advocate here: I'm musing on what a difference a month has made in even the most innocuous of places.

The impact of what has been seen around the world coming out of the White House directly - NOT 'through the dishonest media' - is what is causing universal concern.

No-one in politics/government (or in the general public outside America, really) is focusing on the in-fight between two political parties any more BECAUSE the Office of the White House represents the will of the American people. That is the basic precept of the Democracy America has always fought to import across the world. It's part of the ethos which all democracies share.

Shed the whole current Government of its tv, gameshow and circus distractions; and what other governments and citizens are listening to is the current, official, policy of the US Government. Who agrees with it within America and who doesn't, is not a factor: the White House speaks FOR its people. Or else it isn't a democracy.

So the longer the current regime is in power, the more it is just taken for granted that it is supported by the whole of America.

So where does that leave those who try to uphold the bedrock principles of Truth and Justice - which don't change from regime to regime? And which are universal? Not just in the high realms of law-making, but on things like public forums? Are they indeed 'traitors' and 'un-American'? Or do they become apologists for their own, elected Government and accept that truth, evidence and sources are subjective irrelevancies?