Posted: Saturday, February 04, 2017 1:16:33 AM

Neurons: 3,094
Excess of everything is bad.

I am a layman.
Víctor Lplz
Posted: Saturday, February 04, 2017 1:48:31 AM

Neurons: 1,262,542
Hi,
There are many fake news websites, spreading misinformation and they look like real media websites or newspapers. There are also propaganda websites, many times promoted by governments or companies. With popularity of social media, fake news get popular at times and people do little fact checking. Before consuming any news, people should carefully check the source of that news or information.
Regards.
will
Posted: Tuesday, February 07, 2017 8:00:00 AM

Neurons: 4,152
Drinking too much milk can kill you. It's true, my Grandma died when a cow sat on her.

Drag0nspeaker
Posted: Tuesday, February 07, 2017 6:58:17 PM

Neurons: 146,401
Jyrkkä Jätkä
Posted: Wednesday, February 08, 2017 4:59:46 AM

Neurons: 282,696
Consuming dihydrogen monoxide (also hydroxyl acid) can be dangerous to one's health.
Whistle

Edited to correct health ;-)

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.
Absinthius
Posted: Wednesday, February 08, 2017 5:38:13 AM

Neurons: 19,997
Jyrkkä Jätkä wrote:
Consuming dihydrogen monoxide (also hydroxyl acid) can be dangerous to one's healt.
Whistle

Yes it can! Studies have shown that 100% people who ingest dihydrogen monoxide end up dead.

Look, how about this? Let's pretend we've had the row and I've won. See? It saves a lot of effort.
Sarrriesfan
Posted: Wednesday, February 08, 2017 6:59:05 AM

Neurons: 4,401
It's possible to die from drinking an excess of water.

I lack the imagination for a witty signature.
Харбин Хэйлунцзян 1
Posted: Wednesday, February 08, 2017 7:07:44 AM

Neurons: 313,060
Sarrriesfan wrote:

That's exactly what Jyrkkä Jätkä and Absinthius where talking about.

აბა ყვავებს ვინ დაიჭერს, კარგო? გალიაში ბულბულები ზიან.
Sarrriesfan
Posted: Wednesday, February 08, 2017 7:42:22 AM

Харбин Хэйлунцзян 1 wrote:
Sarrriesfan wrote:

That's exactly what Jyrkkä Jätkä and Absinthius where talking about.

Yes sorry I always just think of water as H2O not dihyrogen monoxide.

But I was thinking more in terms of Water Intoxication, than the eventual death that Absinthius implies.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_intoxication

Харбин Хэйлунцзян 1
Posted: Wednesday, February 08, 2017 8:26:54 AM

Neurons: 313,060
Sarrriesfan wrote:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_intoxication

That's interesting.

აბა ყვავებს ვინ დაიჭერს, კარგო? გალიაში ბულბულები ზიან.
Yarin
Posted: Wednesday, February 08, 2017 4:42:08 PM

Neurons: 2,432
Mock about it.
srirr
Posted: Thursday, February 09, 2017 1:38:38 AM

Neurons: 137,404
A vital thing that we miss in all these reports is use of the word "excess". Excess of anything is bad, be it milk or water or air. The material is not harmful; the quantity is.

One can taste poison in limited amount and it can be beneficial.

We are responsible for what we are, and whatever we wish ourselves to be, we have the power to make ourselves. ~ Swami Vivekanand
Hope123
Posted: Thursday, February 09, 2017 10:13:38 AM

Neurons: 40,256
"Moderation in everything" as the old saying goes. And as sirrr has pointed out.

The study was observational and it only said it was associated with numbers of fractures. It did not say it caused them. Other factors may or may not have been taken into consideration.

I don't necessarily agree with it, but some feel that animal milk is meant for baby animals. Since many people are lactose intolerant, to me that shows that at one point the human body realized it no longer needed that lactase enzyme, so perhaps humans did not drink milk till later - but I have not done that research. Most can take the lactase enzyme and have small amounts.

Milk is also very high on the list of which foods people are allergic to. It is the protein casein to which their bodies react. Allergies are formed to substances to which a person is exposed the most. And they are additive - once the figurative barrel is full, the reaction occurs.

Yogourt and cheese are more easily digested because part of the digestion has been done.

Look after your bones when you are young. Eat many food sources of calcium, magnesium, and Vitamins D and K2. Do strength and body bearing exercises or labor. The first year after menopause is crucial for women as that is when bone density loss occurs the most.

Once bone density is lost, it is very hard to replace it.

Equality is when you see a person - not a label.
Sarrriesfan
Posted: Thursday, February 09, 2017 3:55:06 PM

Hope123 wrote:
"Moderation in everything" as the old saying goes. And as sirrr has pointed out.

The study was observational and it only said it was associated with numbers of fractures. It did not say it caused them. Other factors may or may not have been taken into consideration.

I don't necessarily agree with it, but some feel that animal milk is meant for baby animals. Since many people are lactose intolerant, to me that shows that at one point the human body realized it no longer needed that lactase enzyme, so perhaps humans did not drink milk till later - but I have not done that research. Most can take the lactase enzyme and have small amounts.

Milk is also very high on the list of which foods people are allergic to. It is the protein casein to which their bodies react. Allergies are formed to substances to which a person is exposed the most. And they are additive - once the figurative barrel is full, the reaction occurs.

Yogourt and cheese are more easily digested because part of the digestion has been done.

Look after your bones when you are young. Eat many food sources of calcium, magnesium, and Vitamins D and K2. Do strength and body bearing exercises or labor. The first year after menopause is crucial for women as that is when bone density loss occurs the most.

Only around 35% of humans who are older than 8 can digest lactose, of those a large proportion of are European decent, aslo from certain parts of Africa and the Middle East . Those who decend from Asia and the Americas are far less likely to,be able to digest it.
It appears that the mutation that allows those of that that can digest it appeared around 11,000 years ago during the period when people began to domesticate cattle in the Middle East.
http://www.nature.com/news/archaeology-the-milk-revolution-1.13471

Sarrriesfan
Posted: Thursday, February 09, 2017 3:55:07 PM

Hope123 wrote:

Only around 35% of humans who are older than 8 can digest lactose, of those a large proportion of are European decent, aslo from certain parts of Africa and the Middle East . Those who decend from Asia and the Americas are far less likely to,be able to digest it.
It appears that the mutation that allows those of that that can digest it appeared around 11,000 years ago during the period when people began to domesticate cattle in the Middle East.
http://www.nature.com/news/archaeology-the-milk-revolution-1.13471