The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

If God exists, then who created HIM? Options
You know who I am
Posted: Monday, February 13, 2017 7:44:03 PM

Neurons: 4,712
Revelation 22:

12 “‘Look! I am coming quickly, and the reward I give is with me, to repay each one according to his work. I am the Alʹpha and the O·meʹga, the first and the last, the beginning and the end. Happy are those who wash their robes, so that they may have authority to go to the trees of life+ and that they may gain entrance into the city through its gates. Outside are the dogs* and those who practice spiritism and those who are sexually immoral* and the murderers and the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices lying.’

I am the way, and the truth and the life, no one comes to the Father except through Me. - John 14:6
jacobusmaximus
Posted: Tuesday, February 14, 2017 3:40:15 AM

Neurons: 348,618
Drag0nspeaker wrote:
jacobusmaximus wrote:
Done it! The ladder came in handy. It was my belief that the ladder was real and would take my weight that made it all possible.(Edited)

Ah - but are you really sure that the distance between the window and the ground was real - and that you didn't just step out 'on the level'.
Or - that you didn't fall and are now in the hospital in a coma dreaming all this.

So many possibilities . . .

Of course I'm sure - I took steps to ensure my safety.Whistle

I remember, therefore I am.
will
Posted: Thursday, February 16, 2017 6:26:28 PM

Neurons: 4,287
So,jacobusmaximus, you opted for a ladder?

A perfectly logical choice. You put trust in deductive reasoning and physical laws derived from objective observations.

I’m glad. I’ve spent the last few days worrying that you might try to believe Gravity Fairies into existence. Pray

TMe
Posted: Tuesday, February 21, 2017 11:56:37 AM

Neurons: 3,129
If there is no GOD

Lets create one, for we need HIM for prayer, thankfullness, the relief, the food, the wellness of our family and children, for provisions, for birth and for the betterment of less-fortunates.

say, Amen.

I am a layman.
Lotje1000
Posted: Tuesday, February 21, 2017 2:17:13 PM

Neurons: 392,150
Arguably, you need people for all of the things you listed, TMe. Seems like a good enough starting point we shouldn't forget about.
Fabiano K
Posted: Sunday, March 12, 2017 5:32:33 PM

Neurons: 70,493
Animals come from their parents and plants from seeds. Evolution explains some facts, but isn´t able to explain the origin of the universe. This topic depends on your definition of God. Who is God to you? Someone? Can you call God a friend or he is only part of a man´s tale? Science and religion rely on faith to explain many things. The choice is up to you.
will
Posted: Wednesday, March 15, 2017 1:21:37 PM

Neurons: 4,287
Fabiano K wrote:
Animals come from their parents and plants from seeds. Evolution explains some facts, but isn´t able to explain the origin of the universe. This topic depends on your definition of God. Who is God to you? Someone? Can you call God a friend or he is only part of a man´s tale? Science and religion rely on faith to explain many things. The choice is up to you.

I'll bet my pension on you choosing 'faith' in science next time and every time you or a loved one requires medical care. Think

Fabiano K wrote:
Evolution explains some facts, but isn´t able to explain the origin of the universe.

WTF!

Whistle

tunaafi
Posted: Wednesday, March 22, 2017 7:13:24 AM

Neurons: 53,498
Fabiano K wrote:
Evolution explains some facts, but isn´t able to explain the origin of the universe.

How many times do we have to say that evolution and the origin of the universe are two entirely different topics?

It would make no difference to the theory of evolution if it could be proved conclusively that a deity created the universe; nor would it make any difference if it could be proved conclusively that there was no deity.