The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Why am I here, on the Earth? Options
pljames
Posted: Friday, September 09, 2016 9:20:46 AM

Neurons: 15,207
I have asked for years, Why am I here on this Earth? I am seventy three. It makes sense to me now, but I wasted all those years walking in sin. I am here to serve God. Why are you here? curious-Paul
TMe
Posted: Tuesday, February 21, 2017 11:47:19 AM

Neurons: 3,094
GOD is immortal, HE doesn't need service from any mortal. If HE needed service , HE would kept us with HIM but instead HE sent us to the earth. But did not tell us our duty. The saints, the scientists, the philosophers, the intelligentsia and many other silent and serious researcher,are searching for the answer. No avail.

I am a layman.
Dreamy
Posted: Wednesday, February 22, 2017 1:58:04 AM

Neurons: 7,723
TMe wrote:
GOD is immortal, HE doesn't need service from any mortal. If HE needed service , HE would kept us with HIM but instead HE sent us to the earth. But did not tell us our duty. The saints, the scientists, the philosophers, the intelligentsia and many other silent and serious researcher,are searching for the answer. No avail.

Have you not heard of the term, servant of God, TMe.

Both Testaments, Old and New make it safe to call worshippers of God His servants.

Quote:
But Aaron and his sons offered upon the altar of the burnt offering, and on the altar of incense, and were appointed for all the work of the place most holy, and to make an atonement for Israel, according to all that Moses the servant of God had commanded.
(1Chronicles 6:49)

Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;
(Titus 1:1)

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. [Gr. Latreuo: to serve, to render religious service or homage].
(Romans 12:1)

Then said Jesus unto him, "Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him only shall you serve."
(Matthew 4:10)

Job 33:15 "In a dream, in a vision of the night, When deep sleep falls upon men, In slumberings upon the bed;" Theology 101 "If He doesn't know everything then He isn't God."
Yarin
Posted: Thursday, February 23, 2017 7:56:42 PM

Neurons: 2,432
In fact, Nobody knows.