The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Dead child's parents won't sue Disney Options
Chazlee
Posted: Monday, July 25, 2016 4:40:35 AM

Neurons: 4,199
It is being reported that the parents of Lane Graves who died at age 2 after an alligator attack at Disney World will not be suing the company for his death.

http://nypost.com/2016/07/23/the-parents-who-didnt-sue-disney-taught-america-a-powerful-lesson/

While I can certainly understand that no amount of money will be adequate compensation for the loss of this beautiful child, and I do think we Americans file many frivolous lawsuits, I feel that a lawsuit may be important in this situation because Disney World should be held at least partially responsible for what happens to visitors on their property. I am curious to hear what others of you have to say about this matter.

“I regret that the press treats me so badly.” Donald Trump.
FounDit
Posted: Tuesday, July 26, 2016 10:26:32 AM

Neurons: 50,771
I can only guess as to why they didn't sue, and my guess would be that Disney offered them a kind of compensation that they felt was sufficient.

It might also be the parents think this is the honorable thing to do, rather than attempt to use the death of their child as a money-making opportunity. But that is just my guess.

We should look to the past to learn from it, not destroy our future because of it — FounDit
Lotje1000
Posted: Tuesday, July 26, 2016 10:32:56 AM

Neurons: 479,507
Maybe they wanted closure. Lawsuits can take a lot of time and effort, during which you're constantly confronted with harsh facts.
MelissaMe
Posted: Tuesday, July 26, 2016 11:53:36 AM

Neurons: 347,528
At least Disneyland got rid of all the crocodiles!

It can't happen again.

Poor little tyke. That's a wretched way to go. 😖

This is my only now.