The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

WH - round results readjusting themselves later on Options
Magnus v G
Posted: Thursday, April 28, 2016 6:58:37 AM

Neurons: 284,660
Hi.

I ran into a new issue the other day: after round 1 against an opponent, on the round screen that automatically comes up, it said that I entered 60 words, but now whenever I visit that screen, it says that I entered 59 words!

I thought that maybe 'my mind was playing tricks on me' when I thought it said "60" but just now, the results readjusted themselves again! Affected this time is the last round in my most recent match against Cath Saunders: first it says (on the immediate round results screen) that I got 162 points, just like my opponent and I thought this was cool, that we got the same amount, but I also noticed in my profile overview there that my rating had dropped. Now, when I look at the match overview screen or the round screen again, it says that I only got 159 p. Unfortunately, this 3 point difference meant that I lost this game, which I otherwise would've won.
Magnus v G
Posted: Sunday, June 26, 2016 5:05:55 AM

Since TFD wasn't helpful enough to respond and try to clarify, I thought I would, because I think I've found out why this happens and it appears to have a reasonable explanation.

Apparently, when the timer has reached 0, the words that are then entered don't count, other than temporarily. I think this even applies to a word that one has started entering before it has run out, if it isn't finished before the timer shows 0.
TFD
Posted: Monday, June 27, 2016 1:13:52 PM

We had not been able to reproduce the issue that you described, thank you for letting us know about it.

Yes, words entered after the timer runs out, even if started when time remained, will not be counted toward the total.
pitulush
Posted: Tuesday, June 28, 2016 6:04:57 PM

Neurons: 352,412
Magnus von Gegerfelt wrote:
Apparently, when the timer has reached 0, the words that are then entered don't count, other than temporarily. I think this even applies to a word that one has started entering before it has run out, if it isn't finished before the timer shows 0.

Hi Magnus, I think you might be right, as something similar happens in hangman: you get a word right in the final seconds of the round, all the letters turn to black (meaning you've guessed all of them correctly), but then you get 0 points for that word. It's like… you got it but not quite; you were just a fraction of a second too late for it to register properly.
And in hangman this happens before the time runs out, when there are still a couple of seconds left on the timer.
Magnus v G
Posted: Saturday, July 02, 2016 9:54:18 AM

I don't play Hangman multiplayer since there's no app for it and www is just too slow for me, so I can't say when Hangman changed or if it's always been that way. If it happened with an update, it does not sound too good of an update. However, I noticed the change in WH months after the App Store said it was last updated (I play WordHub through the iOS app) when I checked recently (it said Nov., I believe). I wonder how many games I've thought I've gotten so and so many points and words, through looking at the initial/automatic round screen, when in fact the matches got logged with fewer, for my part. It could've gone on for months without me noticing, and that bugs me a little bit.