The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Intuitive? Options
pljames
Posted: Thursday, January 7, 2016 8:32:49 AM

Neurons: 15,207
All of a sudden I find out I am intuitive. Now what do I do with it? I thought I was a smart fellow and searched for what I wanted to know and understand. I still think I still do study because I searched for it. I want to say I got this intuitive thing by studying first, it just didn't come to me. Thoughts please? Writer-One
leonAzul
Posted: Sunday, January 10, 2016 9:20:50 PM

Neurons: 26,437
pljames wrote:
All of a sudden I find out I am intuitive. Now what do I do with it? I thought I was a smart fellow and searched for what I wanted to know and understand. I still think I still do study because I searched for it. I want to say I got this intuitive thing by studying first, it just didn't come to me. Thoughts please? Writer-One

Intuition is how the brain works. We all seek out short cuts because those would be quicker, even though that way is not always more reliable.

Our human brain is not rational — quite the contrary, our minds are a jumble of emotions, unless we educate ourselves to be more reasonable.

"Make it go away, Mrs Whatsit," he whispered. "Make it go away. It's evil."
PureBlueLight
Posted: Monday, January 11, 2016 6:40:12 AM

Neurons: 168,911
Intuition is the 6th Sense, that's no secret.
It is the most important Sense, it is not physical like the other 5 Senses, and neither are you.
Everyone capable of taking care of themselves uses Intuition, but how developed it is, depends on the individual.
You use Intuition for yourself, you use words or gestures to communicate with others.
Animals use Instinct, which is not the same as Intuition.
Humans are not animals.

Other individuals cannot think, understand, act for you.
Do not ask others, ask yourself only.
Absinthius
Posted: Monday, January 11, 2016 7:42:54 AM

Neurons: 22,793
PureBlueLight wrote:
Intuition is the 6th Sense, that's no secret.

Intuition is not a secret, you are right. It is not a sense either. You aren't sensing anything, you are using what you sense to draw very quick conclusions.

PureBlueLight wrote:
It is the most important Sense.

I'd go with vision, or hearing perhaps.

PureBlueLight wrote:
Animals use Instinct, which is not the same as Intuition.

Until you give a more tangible definition of both terms, this statment is void.

PureBlueLight wrote:
Humans are not animals.

Of course we are. We know this. We have known this for a very long time.

Intuition is a very normal aspect of life. Intuition is using past experiences to make assumptions for current events. It is a rational result of a pattern-seeking mind. And us humans love seeking patterns everywhere.

Look, how about this? Let's pretend we've had the row and I've won. See? It saves a lot of effort.
jacobusmaximus
Posted: Monday, January 11, 2016 12:41:31 PM

Neurons: 403,346
Absinthius wrote: "....PureBlueLight wrote:
Humans are not animals.

Of course we are. We know this. We have known this for a very long time.

Intuition is a very normal aspect of life. Intuition is using past experiences to make assumptions for current events. It is a rational result of a pattern-seeking mind. And us humans love seeking patterns everywhere."

But humans are very different to all other animals. We have known this for a longer time.

I remember, therefore I am.
Jennifer Groff
Posted: Tuesday, January 12, 2016 5:31:51 AM

Neurons: 3
Got not much idea on this. But I say that intuition is best reserved for personal revelation and insight because it tends to speak only about circumstances that affect our lives, loves and journeys in a specific way. Intuition is a spiritual safety net that grows more and more clear the more it is honored and followed.
pedro
Posted: Tuesday, January 12, 2016 6:36:35 AM

Neurons: 60,624
Our intuition is every bit as ancient as animals' intuition. We have gone some way in overcoming its limitations (experiments- theories - science ) but it can still be intentionally misused against animals (Pavlov, lion taming and other circus pursuits, trained aggressiveness in dogs, dressage, Grand Nationals) and humans (ISIS, Nazi Germany, Soviet Union Stalin years, advertising, gutter tabloids, most religions) We share the common instinctive reflexes as far back in history that our species has been freed from the trees, which is much as long as other animals. Our brain development is much more recent. As leonAzul says, education is required to escape our gut animal reflexes.

All good ideas arrive by chance- Max Ernst
pljames
Posted: Saturday, January 16, 2016 6:23:23 PM

Angel Philosophy of a writer,
Is to write, right yes. But he is concerned about the laws of writing instead. He was blind to words (just write) and eventually you will understand. He wanted to be good at writing and amaze his teachers who also were writers more than live it self. He was looking to be understood and was, but could not understand why, in the begining. The words did no come as he wanted them, and then they came totally astonding him.

But he found from his teachers and friends one must write with there eys and mind open not closed. He found his voice through his friends. And this is called caring and love, and there are those who question this thing called writing. Writer One
pljames
Posted: Monday, January 18, 2016 12:05:58 PM

My friends,
What does creative writing do for you in this day and time? What is the purpose of each word explaining itself and the predicate explaining why you the writer chose to. I understand the sentence to a point, if one predicate explains every sentence in the paragraph then there are say four to five predicates explaining why each sentence is being explained per four to five sentences.

Can either the words in the sentence be shorten to better understand what the writer meant? writer one
Romany
Posted: Tuesday, January 19, 2016 11:17:11 AM

Neurons: 43,430
Paul -
"Predicate" doesn't "explain" a word. It's just a technical term used by people who want to explain to learners how to speak English. As I said in another post, it's just a word that refers to everything in a sentence that is NOT the "subject" of the sentence.

Grammar doesn't tell us what to do: grammar rules merely explain how we (native speakers) ALREADY use language.

It seems to me that the whole subject of grammar has done nothing for you except to confuse you. So forget about it for now. It's not helping. The way we use English can be explained to you without mentioning the word "Grammar" if that's what would help you?

Perhaps if we concentrated more on what actual WORDS mean, that will be of more help at the moment?

(For example - the word "subject" - IF WE'RE TALKING ABOUT A SENTENCE - means something different to the word "subject" IF WE'RE TALKING ABOUT A STORY OR A PARAGRAPH. Are you absolutely sure you know what the two different meanings of "subject" mean here? In fact, there are even other meanings of the word "subject" which have nothing to do with writing!)
pljames
Posted: Saturday, January 23, 2016 9:46:29 AM

My friends,
I am also having problems with the word, story, I write what my experiences tell me as a story. I cannot get by with adding others. Is that permissable? Writer One
jacobusmaximus
Posted: Saturday, January 23, 2016 10:11:47 AM

pljames wrote:
My friends,
I am also having problems with the word, story, I write what my experiences tell me as a story. I cannot get by with adding others. Is that permissable? Writer One

The proof, as they say, is in the pudding, Paul. Try writing something - 500 words, say, and see how its reads. Weren't you a Firefighter? You must have lots of adventures you could write about. It's worth a try..

pljames
Posted: Saturday, January 23, 2016 10:22:32 AM

Mr and Mrs Jones moved from South America to Washington state. Mrs Jones loved it Mr Jones hated it. It was a nice community with it’s own police force which came by every day and checked to see everybody there was happy, all were except, My Jones .As the days went by Mr Jones became nastier and one day threatened one of the officers, the officer had to shoot him as Mrs Jones stood by and watched this happen.

One officer went to the other officer and ask if they could remove Mr Jones’s body. The second officer said lets wait a few minutes and come back so Mrs Jones could have some time alone with him. Later the officers cam back, but noticed two bodies instead of one and that was the body of Mrs Jones lying on her mates chest.

At the autopsy it was said, Mr Jones died of a personal problem and Mrs Jones died of a broken heart. Now the rest of the story. Mr and Mrs were two llamas from South America given to the Zoo in Washington state. Writer-one
jacobusmaximus
Posted: Saturday, January 23, 2016 10:31:59 AM

A nice little story, Paul. It had a beginning, a middle and an end. It also had drama and humour. You should write more like that.

Hope123
Posted: Saturday, January 23, 2016 2:06:34 PM

Neurons: 45,140
jacobusmaximus wrote:
A nice little story, Paul. It had a beginning, a middle and an end. It also had drama and humour. You should write more like that.

Agree.

Loved the twist at the end, Paul.

The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do. Anon
Hope123
Posted: Sunday, January 24, 2016 10:46:29 AM

Neurons: 45,140
Paul, I am waiting for your next story. :)

The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do. Anon
pljames
Posted: Tuesday, January 26, 2016 7:08:41 PM

jacob,
Can a Christian have a demon by Great Bible Study.com

In this writing he is saying that yes a saved person can sin and have a demon living within his mind and spirit. There is a difference between a mind and soul the Holy Ghost will live in the spirit part and the demon will live in the soul and mind of the sinner?

I thought the mind is spiritual because I can here my voice within my mind. Now this writer is telling me a demon can live in a saved person in there soul and mind. As soon as the sinner asks for for givement the demon has to leave the mind and soul? Your thoughts? Paul Writer One
kuramin
Posted: Friday, March 2, 2018 3:55:47 AM

Neurons: 3
i got inspiration of this disscusion, thanks
Drag0nspeaker
Posted: Saturday, March 3, 2018 7:46:55 AM

Neurons: 167,301
kuramin wrote:
i got inspiration of this disscusion, thanks

Hello kuramin, and welcome to the forum.

Paul (pljames) has not visited the forum for a while, but the rest of us are still around!

Enjoy your reading, and let us know your ideas, too.

Wyrd bið ful aræd - bull!