The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Justice Options
pljames
Posted: Tuesday, October 27, 2015 7:18:04 PM

Neurons: 15,207
Why does the sheriff department send white officers to black schools to see about a black student who is being disruptive? Why can't they send the approperate office because of color? Writer one
TheParser
Posted: Saturday, October 31, 2015 12:43:19 PM

Neurons: 20,183
Many people wish Officer Fields the best of luck and hope that he soon secures another position.

Schools should learn from this incident to always send at least two burly officers to deal with defiant "students."

No one (except those who are familiar with American secondary public [non-private] schools in the large cities) can possibly imagine the verbal and physical abuse experienced by many teachers (and that goes unreported in the media).

American teachers in large American cities are genuine heroes, who deserve the most generous salaries and pension benefits possible.
tunaafi
Posted: Saturday, October 31, 2015 2:43:31 PM

Neurons: 52,132
TheParser wrote:
Many people wish Officer Fields the best of luck and hope that he soon secures another position.

I do not know what sort of people wish this of a police officer who "was caught on camera slamming the pupil to the ground at her school in South Carolina after she refused to leave the classroom.

Richland County Sheriff Leon Lott said that Mr Fields' actions were "unacceptable" as the girl posed no threat to anyone".

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/10/28/police-officer-ben-fields-threw-pupil-across-classroom-south-carolina-fired_n_8410000.html
Drag0nspeaker
Posted: Monday, November 02, 2015 12:54:50 AM

Neurons: 140,249
If you watch the longer video (which shows what happened earlier) there was no 'physical or verbal abuse' from the girl.

She was in the wrong - that's true. She was using her mobile phone, which was apparently disturbing other students. You don't see that on the video.

However, when the security-guard spoke to her, she ignored him - no verbal abuse, nothing. Then he simply attacked her.

There are a couple of points which I (as a security guard myself) have on this:

1. How come a male guard went to handle a girl? That is asking for trouble. Anywhere there are girls to handle needs female guards.
2. Was he not trained? Part of guard training is how to remove someone from the premises. This does not include violence. It does not include touching the person at all (unless they actually physically attack you first - which is a failure on your part anyway).
3. If he were to physically force her to leave, it should simply involve getting hold of her belt and collar - she's not a little girl, but he must weigh twice as much as her. It would be easy to 'frog-march' her out of the room.

That was simply an example of uncontrolled violence and, if it were me who had been caught on camera, I would expect not only to lose my job - I would also lose my qualifications ever to be a guard again (part of the qualifications are 'no criminal record') - as I'd expect to end up charged with criminal assault. That is what it was.

He does not deserve to have a job as a security guard.

Wyrd bið ful aræd - bull!
no ydon
Posted: Saturday, July 08, 2017 8:27:09 AM

Neurons: 2,555
Hello everyone,
I wanted to know if anyone has am opinion on this question.

If a woman spent twenty two years in a very verbal,physical and emotional abuse ,also she worked as a private health care provider for three-years. The woman is owned a quite bit of money What would you do? The lady left because the court system protection order did not work so she ran away . Would you get justice so and what you are entitled to. Thank you. Have a great day.

The woman did record some of the abuse also called the Attorney General and started the process but morally wouldn't she be just like them.