The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Fatigue Options
pljames
Posted: Sunday, September 20, 2015 3:47:16 PM

Neurons: 15,207
As of late I have been extremely tired or fatigued. Any idea why? It is the most aggravating thing I can think of. I want to just go to bed and sleep, especially when driving. I am seventy two and have sugar diabetes as well and take my shots of insulin plus a diet. Any one out there in the same fix and got it corrected and know what it is? Paul
Axel Bear
Posted: Sunday, September 20, 2015 5:58:17 PM

Neurons: 22,368
Hey Paul...maybe you are extremely tired or fatigued because you are putting too much energy into this forum...take a break please and stop driving before you kill some child or a Republican...

Toute nation a le gouvernement qu'elle mérite: Joseph de Maistre
Ni un voto al PRIAN PVEM
Posted: Monday, September 21, 2015 8:48:07 AM

Neurons: 53,996
There's no way around. You have to go to your primary care physician, that you already know. Feeling tired while driving is not pathognomonic of any condition. Probably your PCP will not know until after a blood work up to rule out some things. Anemia from blood malignancies may start with fatigue, chronic kidney disease after may years with diabetes could also lead to fatigue. Also you seem to have some, let's put it this way: 'psychological issues', maybe you need some SSRI to cheer you up
Dancer06
Posted: Monday, February 08, 2016 6:37:08 AM

Neurons: 314,530
As diabetes is an autoimmune disorder, perhaps your doctor could investigate other potential associated disorders ? Have your Vitamin D levels, platelets or any other inflammatory markers such as C-reactive protein/ESR/homocysteine been abnormal ? Have you had your thyroid or other immune system been checked?
Ashwin Joshi
Posted: Saturday, October 29, 2016 1:58:21 PM

Neurons: 66,421
The diabetes is the rogue

Me Gathering Pebbles at The Seashore.-Aj
Sarrriesfan
Posted: Saturday, October 29, 2016 4:32:47 PM

Neurons: 4,458
pljames wrote:
As of late I have been extremely tired or fatigued. Any idea why? It is the most aggravating thing I can think of. I want to just go to bed and sleep, especially when driving. I am seventy two and have sugar diabetes as well and take my shots of insulin plus a diet. Any one out there in the same fix and got it corrected and know what it is? Paul

Paul I am a diabetic too and was suffering from fatigue and other symptoms as well, I wonder do you take metformin amongst your diabetes medication?
It can cause a form of anemia due to it blocking the absorption of Vitamin B12 within the gut, this can lead to fatigue due to the abnormal blood cells, mood changes such as depression, amongst other symptoms.

http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/tc/vitamin-b12-deficiency-anemia-topic-overview#1
http://www.endocrineweb.com/news/diabetes/20265-long-term-metformin-use-linked-vitamin-b12-deficiency

Get your doctors to do a test for this and they will be able to treat you if it is the case, I now have quarterly injections of B12 to ensure Imhave enough as my body can no longer digest it no matter how much food I take.

Of coarse there may be other causes and I am no doctor, so it's best to speak with them.
Other possiblities could be a condition such as obstructive sleep apnoea.

I lack the imagination for a witty signature.