The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

WordHub - you get points for "hes" Options
Magnus v G
Posted: Sunday, July 19, 2015 6:35:31 AM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 4/16/2015
Posts: 189
Neurons: 316,952
Location: Uppsala, Uppsala, Sweden
Is this is an error or should it be possible to enter "hes"? i've noticed it's possible to do so (in the app anyway).
TFD
Posted: Monday, July 20, 2015 9:56:02 AM

Rank: Administration

Joined: 3/10/2009
Posts: 792
It's the plural of the Hebrew letter "he."
MelissaMe
Posted: Monday, October 26, 2015 11:33:03 AM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 8/10/2014
Posts: 5,336
Neurons: 340,055
Location: Gualala, California, United States
Which would make sense if I were playing a Hebrew version of the game.

I thought I was playing an English word game!

I'd like an English version of the game, please.



This is my only now.
MelissaMe
Posted: Monday, October 26, 2015 11:36:22 AM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 8/10/2014
Posts: 5,336
Neurons: 340,055
Location: Gualala, California, United States
TFD wrote:
It's the plural of the Hebrew letter "he."


But that's not in your dictionary!!! I thought only words in your database were listed as acceptable in your game!

On, well, it's too aggravating for me. I want a game that sticks to using English words.

This is my only now.
Magnus v G
Posted: Monday, October 26, 2015 12:32:48 PM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 4/16/2015
Posts: 189
Neurons: 316,952
Location: Uppsala, Uppsala, Sweden
MelissaMe wrote:
TFD wrote:
It's the plural of the Hebrew letter "he."


But that's not in your dictionary!!! I thought only words in your database were listed as acceptable in your game!

On, well, it's too aggravating for me. I want a game that sticks to using English words.


The definition is in the Encyclopedia entry.
nic fowler
Posted: Tuesday, October 27, 2015 9:33:41 PM

Rank: Newbie

Joined: 12/7/2014
Posts: 15
Neurons: 650,043
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
MelissaMe wrote:
Which would make sense if I were playing a Hebrew version of the game.

I thought I was playing an English word game!

I'd like an English version of the game, please.

nic fowler
Posted: Tuesday, October 27, 2015 9:38:03 PM

Rank: Newbie

Joined: 12/7/2014
Posts: 15
Neurons: 650,043
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
nic fowler wrote:
MelissaMe wrote:
Which would make sense if I were playing a Hebrew version of the game.

I thought I was playing an English word game!

I'd like an English version of the game, please.

I agree totally with Melissa. It is not the only example. e.g "ria" a spanish word, but acceptable in the word list
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines. Copyright © 2008-2017 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.