mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Pardon Me, Mr. President. Options
Hope123
Posted: Wednesday, September 13, 2017 9:45:54 AM

Neurons: 41,256
Jyrkkä Jätkä wrote:

Applause Applause Applause

World food shortage that threatens five hundred million children could be alleviated at the cost of one day's warfare.
Hope123
Posted: Wednesday, September 13, 2017 11:15:20 PM

Digression but still on the pardon theme - just not the pardon of the OP.

Yes! Finally Trump is acting like the president of everyone and not just his base.

“We had a very productive meeting at the White House with the president,” the statement said. “The discussion focused on DACA. We agreed to enshrine the protections of DACA into law quickly, and to work out a package of border security, excluding the wall, that’s acceptable to both sides.”

Issued by Democrats, Pelosi and Schumer.

The Toronto Star.

World food shortage that threatens five hundred million children could be alleviated at the cost of one day's warfare.
Chazlee
Posted: Thursday, September 14, 2017 2:55:38 AM

Neurons: 3,954
Hope123 wrote:
Digression but still on the pardon theme - just not the pardon of the OP.

Yes! Finally Trump is acting like the president of everyone and not just his base.

“We had a very productive meeting at the White House with the president,” the statement said. “The discussion focused on DACA. We agreed to enshrine the protections of DACA into law quickly, and to work out a package of border security, excluding the wall, that’s acceptable to both sides.”

Issued by Democrats, Pelosi and Schumer.

The Toronto Star.

Trump is walking on a very unstable tightrope here. By appearing to become too chummy with Pelosi and Schumer, both Democrats who are despised by many mainstream Republicans, he risks having his base actively turn against him, which will leave him without any real support from either Democrats or Republicans. Trump is a total fool if he believes that the Dems will ever embrace him in the future should the Republicans decide to turn against him.

Pelosi and Schumer, two veteran politicians, are much smarter than Trump will ever be, and they know it. Trump is in way over his head, and even if he does not know it, Pelosi and Schumer know it. Trump's lack of political experience, coupled with his general stupidity, will see him losing more and more supporters, until he is left alone in the White House with only Jared, Ivanka, Donny Jr. and Eric to comfort him.

progpen
Posted: Thursday, September 14, 2017 8:58:40 AM

Neurons: 201,310
Tightrope is a good word for it, but it does make it sound like the current occupant of the White House is walking in one direction with purpose. Thus far the current occupant of the White House has only shown that his purpose or direction is to get as much media exposure as possible and to use his public office to benefit himself and his family's private business.

The current occupant is apolitical, but surrounded himself with right wing extremists so everything he accomplished was through that filter. Is it possible that he has realized that surrounding himself with right wing extremists is hurting his business and he is now trying to correct that error?

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. ― Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Hope123
Posted: Thursday, September 14, 2017 9:13:21 AM

Trump backs down - on Twitter - says no deal and wall will be built. A much different tone to what he originally said about the meeting.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/democrats-claim-deal-trump-young-undocumented-immigrants/story?id=49837488

Chazlee
Posted: Thursday, September 14, 2017 10:03:32 AM

progpen wrote:
Tightrope is a good word for it, but it does make it sound like the current occupant of the White House is walking in one direction with purpose. Thus far the current occupant of the White House has only shown that his purpose or direction is to get as much media exposure as possible and to use his public office to benefit himself and his family's private business.

The current occupant is apolitical, but surrounded himself with right wing extremists so everything he accomplished was through that filter. Is it possible that he has realized that surrounding himself with right wing extremists is hurting his business and he is now trying to correct that error?

progpen, You bring up a good point about Trump possibly realizing that those folks who helped him become the president are actually the same people who are stopping him from making money. If this happens, and it appears as if it is starting to happen, then we are all going to get a front row seat to a very ugly play starring an extremely unattractive and unappealing fake religious conservative, played, of course, by actor/con man, Donald J. Trump.

Peace.
Chazlee.
progpen
Posted: Thursday, September 14, 2017 10:18:01 AM

Hope123 wrote:
Trump backs down - on Twitter - says no deal and wall will be built. A much different tone to what he originally said about the meeting.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/democrats-claim-deal-trump-young-undocumented-immigrants/story?id=49837488

I saw this as well, Hope, and I think it plays into the publicity theme. He's trying to play both sides, but keeps forgetting that when he says something while in office, people aren't afraid to call him out on it, unlike when he was a television god.

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. ― Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Chazlee
Posted: Thursday, September 14, 2017 11:41:21 AM

progpen wrote:
Hope123 wrote:

I saw this as well, Hope, and I think it plays into the publicity theme. He's trying to play both sides, but keeps forgetting that when he says something while in office, people aren't afraid to call him out on it, unlike when he was a television god.

progpen, Trump is not "trying to play both sides,"and I do not believe he "keeps forgetting" anything. He is much more sly than that. I have called him an idiot and worse many times, but he is a cunning person. He simply doesn't care what he says. He has learned that people will not hold whatever he says against him. (Like what he said about John McCain). He was never a "television god." He held a good position on NBC with his good show "The Apprentice." (I liked the show). Yet, to title him a "god" is to give him a title he has never earned, nor does he deserve.
Let's just agree that Trump is a fool/idiot/moron, etc. Let's further agree that he has screwed America. President King Jackass.
Peace. Chazlee.
progpen
Posted: Thursday, September 14, 2017 1:32:37 PM

I'm not getting into the debate about whether he is "smart" or "dumb" and the "tv god" was hyperbole. He has not shown himself to be sly or clever except when he is playing from a power position in the business world. When he does not have an inherent advantage over others, he has proven to be below average.

Chazlee
Posted: Thursday, September 14, 2017 2:08:38 PM

progpen wrote:
I'm not getting into the debate about whether he is "smart" or "dumb" and the "tv god" was hyperbole. He has not shown himself to be sly or clever except when he is playing from a power position in the business world. When he does not have an inherent advantage over others, he has proven to be below average.

progpen, You contradict yourself. You say you will not get into the debate "about whether he is "smart" or "dumb," and then you say "When he does not have an inherent advantage over others, he has proven to be below average." So that means he is "dumb." Welcome to the debate. (Go ahead, progpen, hit me with your best shot).
Peace.
Chazlee.
progpen
Posted: Thursday, September 14, 2017 4:04:23 PM

Peace. You win.

Hope123
Posted: Thursday, September 14, 2017 6:02:16 PM

"but after a conservative backlash, the president and his aides sent conflicting signals about how firm the agreement was."

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/13/dreamers-trump-democratic-leaders-242698

Who knows what it is now? It appears it is still on. Have to wait and see. It only affects the lives of 800,000 young people waiting in agony for a ruling. Whistle

Schumer and Pelosi said that what they and Trump said meant pretty much the same thing. Pass DACA protections now. Do the wall later.

What his base thinks about the reversal on DACA is another matter.

Chazlee
Posted: Friday, September 15, 2017 11:18:11 AM

progpen wrote:
Peace. You win.

Yay!! Finally, I emerge victorious!! (I hope I spelled "victorious" right. Since, there are no red lines under the word, I guess I did).

progpen, I was just having fun! Please don't take what I wrote/write too seriously. This site is a good place to release inner demons, and I have learned that as long as I don't release too many of them at once, things are good. Honestly, I want to use my pent-up hostility against those people who are bad for the world, like Trump and Parser, but not someone named "progpen."

Peace.
Chazlee.
almo 1
Posted: Friday, September 15, 2017 1:16:18 PM

Neurons: 4,334