The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Scottish govt extends support for offshore wind development Options
progpen
Posted: Wednesday, August 09, 2017 5:22:10 PM

Neurons: 191,278
http://www.renewableenergyworld.com/articles/2017/08/scottish-government-extends-support-for-offshore-wind-accelerator.html

"The Carbon Trust today said that the Scottish government has extended its financial support for the Carbon Trust’s collaborative research, development and demonstration program for offshore wind.

The Offshore Wind Accelerator (OWA) program will benefit from an additional £1.5 million (US$1.9 million) in funding to help drive new technologies to market and create new industry standards and best practices. The government last year made an initial £1.5 million investment in the OWA program."

The Carbon Trust created the OWA as a collaborative program between the Trust and offshore wind developers. Earlier this year, the OWA began a competition for solutions that can monitor cables for offshore wind farms. The OWA can take viable solutions and work with the developer to bring it to market (basically, being an incubator). This kind of thing is absolutely necessary to enable smaller companies to become competitive and enter a market that can be dominated by a small number of large businesses.

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. ― Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Hope123
Posted: Thursday, August 10, 2017 4:02:16 PM

Neurons: 40,475
I don't know anything about this Progpen, but from someone who believes every little bit we all do to help in this battle, it sounds like good news to me.

Equality is when you see a person - not a label.
Romany
Posted: Friday, August 11, 2017 2:29:05 AM

Neurons: 39,253

Trump nearly caused a riot when he actually wanted the Scottish Govt. to remove some of the existing off-shore installations...because it 'spoilt the view' from his golf course!!

We have them offshore here at Brighton...and on a clear day one can vaguely see some shadowy shapes on the horizon. That's it. And this wanker wanted the whole of Scotland to just 'do him a favour', turn the clock back 50 years and do themselves out of power because some foreigner has got delusions of grandeur!
progpen
Posted: Saturday, August 12, 2017 8:33:18 PM

Neurons: 191,278
Hope, the Carbon Trust has been able to create strategic partnerships with some of the larger developers and I believe they were the ones who helped with the technology for the floating wind farm that is being built. I've been concentrating on Scotland regarding wind projects because they seem to be very cutting edge and are putting a lot of money and risk into wind technology.

Romany, I can't even keep up with all the debilitatingly stupid things that come from the diseased brain of the Almighty Orange One anymore. All I can say is that he is costing the US more than money.

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. ― Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Romany
Posted: Sunday, August 13, 2017 10:17:09 AM

Neurons: 39,253

Hey - don't forget we have Boris! (and we seem to be well on the way to gifting you Farage).