The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Types of Different Degree Levels Options
A cooperator
Posted: Sunday, August 06, 2017 3:20:07 PM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 10/27/2011
Posts: 2,314
Neurons: 8,373
Location: Ḩāḑírah, Hadramawt, Yemen
While applying for a scholarship to study the English in Malaysia(LANGUAGE CENTER APPLICATION) on this, I was asked to select the latest educational level I got. There is no a bachelor degree. Though I hold a BS.c in Computer Science. The screen shot below indicates the levels listed in the drop-down menu:(screen shot below)

So, my question is what must I select?

As far as I know these degree levels available. (Screen shot below):

Besides, while applying I was asked to
upload some documents, some of which I did not figure out what they mean.

The School Leaving Certificate*.
Transcript in English *
National or International Admission Test Result
Language Test Result
Photo *
Other documents
My questions are as follows:

1- The Secondary School Leaving Certificate (commonly referred to as SSLC) is a certification obtained by a student on successful completion of an examination at the end of study at the secondary schooling level in India.

2- in my own country, Secondary School Leaving Certificate includes course record. I.e. there is no Transcript(Grade Points) given as an individual document. It is enough to upload my Secondary School Certificate.

3- School Leaving Certificate is necessary to be submitted even if a person has a higher degree, such as bachelor.

4- No need to upload my Bachelor Degree in Computer Science. There is uploading documents pop-up navigator for the following. Those marked by* are mandatory. (Screen shot below)

The School Leaving Certificate*.
Transcript in English *
National or International Admission Test Result
Language Test Result
Photo *
Other documents

BTW. I contacted the site, however, no replies so far.

Whoever doesn't own what he promises to those who do not deserve must not promise it.
Posted: Monday, August 14, 2017 6:50:46 AM

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 9/12/2011
Posts: 26,864
Neurons: 146,672
Location: Livingston, Scotland, United Kingdom
I guess that these are Malaysian levels.
They don't seem to relate to UK ones - the only ones I know.

I've never heard of an "associate" degree.
I've never heard of a "school leaving certificate".

What I know is
School - to age 16 - "O-level" (you can get many "O-level" certificates, I had eight - Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, French, English, Geography, Latin).
School - extra years to age 18 - "A-levels" - usually four or five subjects at this level. Your site puts this equivalent to STPM or STAM.
University - BSc - three years.

That drop-down menu does not reach as high as Bachelor degree.
It seems to expect students to come straight from school or prep-school (school specifically preparing the student to do a Bachelor's degree).

You are over-qualified.

Wyrd bið ful aræd - bull!
Users browsing this topic

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS
Forum Terms and Guidelines. Copyright © 2008-2017 Farlex, Inc. All rights reserved.