sex or power.

if i walk in the Spirit
my ego is shattered
and i thank God
for this.

leonAzul
Posted: Wednesday, March 27, 2013 1:37:29 PM

Neurons: 25,716
I recently saw this and thought of this thread.

Ronald Dworkin’s ‘Religious Atheism’
Quote:
Later this year will see the release of “Religion Without God,” a posthumous work by the late, eminent legal and political philosopher Ronald Dworkin, and The New York Review of Books has posted an excerpt from the first chapter. Dworkin, too, believes there is no contradiction in the term “religious atheism,” and offers no less towering examples than Shelley, Einstein and William James to show that it’s possible to adopt what he calls a “religious attitude,” a worldview which “accepts the full, independent reality of value,” as distinct from scientific fact, and which holds that both individuals and the natural world they inhabit have intrinsic, transcendental value, without believing in a personal God.
http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/03/20/ronald-dworkins-religious-atheism/

"Make it go away, Mrs Whatsit," he whispered. "Make it go away. It's evil."
almo 1
Posted: Sunday, July 16, 2017 4:22:16 PM

Neurons: 3,972
intelfam wrote:
jacobusmaximus wrote:
The second since the Resurrection of Christ. It is supernatural, and is the only spirituality worth talking about.

This was the sort of ethnocentric thinking that I was hoping to avoid. I appreciate that some religions have a history of persecution that has resulted in their need to be seen as well marked out. Unfortunately, this resulted in the idea of the One True Church as promulgated by the holy see in historic times.
I have to admit that this elitism was one reason I left the church - feeling as I did, that it was phenomenal presumption on anybody's part, to know the mind of god in the context of eternity and to suggest that salvation was based on an accident of birth and history.

Thanks.