The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

Could anyone possibly help me find a Vocabulary Builder app, and TOEFL Prep app? Options
A cooperator
Posted: Wednesday, April 26, 2017 7:46:52 PM

Neurons: 9,658
Hi,

I am wondering if there are a Vocabulary Builder app, and TOEFL Prep app. If any, could anyone tell me how to find them?

I have both a smart cellphone, and a notebook. I prefer installing Vocabulary Builder app, or TOEFL Prep app on my notebook, if they are.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Whoever doesn't own what he promises to those who do not deserve must not promise it.
Jyrkkä Jätkä
Posted: Thursday, April 27, 2017 5:24:26 AM

Neurons: 322,749
Try to google with your key words. You'll find lots of apps for several systems.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.
A cooperator
Posted: Thursday, April 27, 2017 8:41:50 PM

Jyrkkä Jätkä wrote:
Try to google with your key words. You'll find lots of apps for several systems.

Thanks a lot, Jyrkka, but I wanted any suggested apps which were experienced by some people.

Whoever doesn't own what he promises to those who do not deserve must not promise it.
leonAzul
Posted: Sunday, May 07, 2017 11:29:50 PM

Neurons: 25,822
A cooperator wrote:
Jyrkkä Jätkä wrote:

Thanks a lot, Jyrkka, but I wanted any suggested apps which were experienced by some people.

Apps are good, training is good, and education is good, yet each of these are only preparation for the experience of conversation.

These fora are better than any app could possibly be, if you take advantage of the opportunity for conversation that is afforded here. ;^)

I understand how crucial it is for you to pass a qualifying examination, yet I would exhort you to take a leap of faith and talk with us. 8^)

If I might make a suggestion, the best "app" is a notebook. One of the tried and true methods for mastery of any subject is to keep and revise notes on that subject. This is what education is supposed to teach us: how to learn. When other persons laugh at you for behaving like a school boy taking notes, you shall have the last laugh when you become the master. 8^)

"Make it go away, Mrs Whatsit," he whispered. "Make it go away. It's evil."
Andrew Schultz
Posted: Thursday, June 15, 2017 2:29:11 PM

Neurons: 1,000,062
One thing I've done is play the old version of WordHub and if I didn't recognize any small words, I clicked on them to find the definition.

There are quite a few I don't know, and I suspect you'll find some you know and don't know.

I agree that it's important to ask around for different apps and things to try. What works for one person won't work for others. But when you find the right one, it's wonderful.

100th person on TFD to 1 million neurons.
A cooperator
Posted: Monday, June 19, 2017 11:04:13 PM

leonAzul wrote:
A cooperator wrote:
Jyrkkä Jätkä wrote:

Apps are good, training is good, and education is good, yet each of these are only preparation for the experience of conversation.

These fora are better than any app could possibly be, if you take advantage of the opportunity for conversation that is afforded here. ;^)

I understand how crucial it is for you to pass a qualifying examination, yet I would exhort you to take a leap of faith and talk with us. 8^)

Thank you all of you very much indeed,
I am sorry to delay in reply.
If I understood you well, then I would be saying if any conversation that is afforded here even for minutes, it would be highly appreciated. But, that would be impossible.

Quote:

If I might make a suggestion, the best "app" is a notebook. One of the tried and true methods for mastery of any subject is to keep and revise notes on that subject. This is what education is supposed to teach us: how to learn. When other persons laugh at you for behaving like a school boy taking notes, you shall have the last laugh when you become the master. 8^)

Yes, I am sorry if I seemed stupid here. I have a notebook. But unfortunately, I still don't get you. A notebook is not an app. However, it is a computer. There are no native English speakers where I live. Also, non-native English speakers don't prefer speaking in English even if they know it. They don't like being looked at as arrogant while speaking in English.