The Free Dictionary  
mailing list For webmasters
Welcome Guest Forum Search | Active Topics | Members

jesus' Options
keepyy
Posted: Saturday, April 15, 2017 8:27:30 AM

Neurons: 2,045
what a wonderful lord, in his anger he remembers mercy. there may be no food growing, neither blossoms nor fruits and the fields lies barren. you must still be glad in the lord, rigidly just.
keepyy
Posted: Wednesday, April 19, 2017 7:40:49 AM

Jyrkkä Jätkä wrote:
Blessed are the fools, for nothing they understand.

you expect much but find little, why? because of what you have done. consider your ways and what has happened as a result. now then, consider from your repent onward, since the day that the foundations was laid, how have you fared? rebuild your house of body so that i may take pleasure in it. just as i promised, my holy spirit will be with you.
almo 1
Posted: Thursday, April 20, 2017 9:22:07 AM

Neurons: 2,249

Litvinenko
Posted: Friday, April 21, 2017 9:01:25 AM

Neurons: 778
almo 1 wrote:

A perfect design, with no designer.
keepyy
Posted: Saturday, April 29, 2017 5:57:27 AM

almo 1 wrote:

behold, a scroll in the air. this is the curse that goes all over the world. the lord all powerful has said, iam sending this scroll in the house of the lier and it will remain there until every piece of wood crumbles. here is your part, be kind, do what is right... . idols tell lies, fortune tellers see false visions, the comfort they give is worth nothing. the lord is closely watching all mankind.
almo 1
Posted: Saturday, April 29, 2017 6:14:59 AM

keepyy wrote:
almo 1 wrote:

behold, a scroll in the air. this is the curse that goes all over the world. the lord all powerful has said, iam sending this scroll in the house of the lier and it will remain there until every piece of wood crumbles. here is your part, be kind, do what is right... . idols tell lies, fortune tellers see false visions, the comfort they give is worth nothing. the lord is closely watching all mankind.

keepyy
Posted: Tuesday, May 02, 2017 7:59:27 AM

the feet of the lord shall stand on that day? on the mount of olives before Jerusalem on the east. and shall split it in two. and the lord shall come, and all his holy ones? with him.
you shall even go up to jerusalem from year to year, to worship the lord and to keep the feast of tabernacles. every pot in jerusalem shall be dedicated to the lord and all who offer sacrifices may use them for boiling the meat of the sacrifices. when that time come, there will be no longer any merchant in the temple.
keepyy
Posted: Saturday, May 06, 2017 8:57:36 AM

return to your fortress, prisoners of hope, i will restore twince as much to you. iam angry with those who ruled my people and iam going to punish them. the people of judah are mine and i the lord almighty will take care of them. on that day, i will set out to destroy those nations. on that day when israel see the one they pierced, the weeping in jerusalem will be like the weeping of hadad rimmon in the plain of mogiddo, as one mourns for his only son.
Epiphileon
Posted: Saturday, May 06, 2017 12:16:49 PM

Neurons: 53,706
I would think just about anyone would weep at this.

Question authority. How do you know, that you know, what you know?
almo 1
Posted: Saturday, May 06, 2017 1:45:04 PM

Not only Sun Myung Moon's Unification Church:

The crazy christian and mad sermons

pedro
Posted: Tuesday, May 09, 2017 5:33:27 AM

Neurons: 58,017
Epiphileon wrote:
I would think just about anyone would weep at this.

Pinnochio prototype perhaps. Be careful what you utter.

All good ideas arrive by chance- Max Ernst
keepyy
Posted: Tuesday, May 09, 2017 11:04:51 AM

almo 1 wrote:

Not only Sun Myung Moon's Unification Church:

The crazy christian and mad sermons

you ask, how have we despised you? how have we failed to respect you, the lord answers, when you sacrifice a blind, lame or sick animal to me. do you think there is nothing wrong with that? would you be pleased? now god will not answer your prayer and it will be your fault. you must honor the lord by what you do, but if you do not take seriously his commands, he will punish you. iam the lord all powerful and you had better try to please me. if iam your father, where is my honor? and if your master, where is the reverent fear? but a curse on the cheat, who sacrifice to the sovereign lord a blemish thing when he has a good one. for the lord is the greatest king.
keepyy
Posted: Friday, May 12, 2017 9:55:56 AM

Litvinenko wrote:
almo 1 wrote:

in the covenant i made with abraham, i promised life and peace, why then do you despise it? you have said, it is vain to obey god. what is the profit for our keeping his charge and to sorrow and mourn for our sins? as we see it, proud people prosper, even those who test god's patience with their evil deeds escape. the lord answers, on the day when i act, you will discern between the righteous and the wicked. i will spare the godly just as parents protect an obedient child. behold, that day comes burning like an oven, when evildoers will be stubble. remember to obey my teachings.

keepyy
Posted: Monday, May 15, 2017 12:22:15 PM

in the beginning, the earth with no form of life was under the ocean. and the land appeared and produced all kinds of plants. and the ocean, the air and the earth produced all kinds of animal life. then the lord formed the man's body and breathed into it a spirit. see, i have given you seed bearing plant and the fruit that has its seed in it for food. and at the center of the guarden of eden, the lord planted the tree of life and the tree of knowledge beside it. and he commanded the man, you may eat of any fruit except the fruit of knowledge, if you do you will die. and the lord blessed the seventh day and declared it holy because he ceased his work of creation. Adam obeyed and did not touch the tree of knowledge until the woman was born. but why didn't he eat the fruit of life? he must have thought, surely the lord is expecting me to eat the fruit of life, that is why he planted it in the middle.
keepyy
Posted: Tuesday, May 16, 2017 12:05:15 PM

and while Adam was sleeping, the lord took out one of his ribs and formed the woman, a suitable partner of his own kind. the man and the woman were both naked, but why are they not embarrassed?
leonAzul
Posted: Wednesday, May 17, 2017 12:32:56 AM

Neurons: 24,974
keepyy wrote:
and while Adam was sleeping, the lord took out one of his ribs and formed the woman, a suitable partner of his own kind. the man and the woman were both naked, but why are they not embarrassed?

Because as the first carpenter, Eve was too busy making Adam's banana stand.
Think

"Make it go away, Mrs Whatsit," he whispered. "Make it go away. It's evil."
almo 1
Posted: Wednesday, May 17, 2017 10:36:53 AM

banana stand

keepyy
Posted: Thursday, May 18, 2017 6:03:49 AM

leonAzul wrote:
keepyy wrote:

Think

when the snake deceived her? Eve saw that the fruit was good for food and could make her wise, so she ate it and give some to her husban. you listened to your wife and ate the fruit i told you not to eat, then the lord said to the snake, the offspring of the woman? will crash your head and you will bite her offspring's heel. and he said to the man, because of what you have done, the ground is cursed, you will have to work hard all your life until you die.
Lotje1000
Posted: Thursday, May 18, 2017 6:06:41 AM

Neurons: 344,363
keepyy wrote:
leonAzul wrote:
keepyy wrote:

Think

when the snake deceived her? Eve saw that the fruit was good for food and could make her wise, so she ate it and give some to her husban. you listened to your wife and ate the fruit i told you not to eat, then the lord said to the snake, the offspring of the woman? will crash your head and you will bite her offspring's heel. and he said to the man, because of what you have done, the ground is cursed, you will have to work hard all your life until you die.

Does that mean we're all blasphemers for inventing tractors and anaesthetics?
keepyy
Posted: Saturday, May 20, 2017 10:42:51 AM

now that the man has knowledge of good and bad, he must not be allowed to eat the fruit of life and live forever, so the lord sent him out of the guarden. after some time, Adam had intercourse and gave birth to Cain Abel and Seth at 130. when humans had spread over the earth, some beings? bore children to the daughters of men; these were the mighty men of old, men of renown, how evil these people were all the time so the lord said, i will wipe them out. but the lord was pleased with noah, son of Lamech, descendant of Seth
keepyy
Posted: Tuesday, May 23, 2017 7:59:34 AM

Noah was a pleasure to the lord, the only truly righteous at that time when the evil beings were sexually involved with human women, cruelty and violence had spread everywhere. now the lord was going to destroy the whole earth. Noah was 600 when he went into the boat to escape the flood. nothing was left alive except him and the others in the boat. then Noah built an Altar to sacrifice to the lord. never again i will put the earth under a curse. as a sign of my covenat with you, i put my bow in the sky to remember my promise, said the lord. the sons of Noah who went out of the boat were, Shem, Ham and Japheth. from these the whole earth was peopled.
keepyy
Posted: Thursday, May 25, 2017 11:37:00 AM

Terah, a descendant of Shem, decided? to move from Babylonia his native land to the land of Canaan. he took along his son Abram, Sarai his daughter in law and his grandson Lot. two hundred and five years old and Terah died in the land of Haran.
keepyy
Posted: Friday, May 26, 2017 1:24:55 PM

when Abram was 75, he set out from Haran to Canaan as the lord instructed him to do. along with his wife Sarai, his nephew Lot and all his wealth. when they arrived there, they came to the sacred tree of Moreh, the holy place at Shechem. the Canaanite was then in the land , and the lord said to Abram, this is the land iam going to give you and your descendants. by you each people of the world shall bless himself?
keepyy
Posted: Wednesday, May 31, 2017 7:48:20 AM

and when he came to the sacred trees of Moreh. between Bethel and Ai also he built an Altar. then Abram settled near the sacred trees of Mamre at Hebron. there also he built an Altar to the lord. Abram stayed in the land of Canaan but Lot moved and settled toward Sodom. now war arose because of the wickedness of its people. four kings went to war against five kings in which king Bera of Sodom. when Abram heard the news of his nephew Lot who was taken away with his possessions. Abram and his men defeated those four king and recovered the loot and Lot. coming back from his victory, the king of Sodom and the king of Salem went to meet him. Melchizedek the priest brought Abram bread and wine. he said, blessed be god who has delivered your enemies over to you.
keepyy
Posted: Wednesday, June 07, 2017 7:34:15 AM

so that i could give you this land to own, the lord said to abraham , sacrifice a cow, a goat, a ram, each three years old, a dove and a pigeon. cut them in half and lay each piece against the other. when the sun had set and it was dark, behold a furnace passed between the pieces of the animals. then and there the lord made a covenant with Abraham. but until the iniquity of the Amorites is not yet complete that they must be punished, i will not drive them out of the land.
keepyy
Posted: Wednesday, June 07, 2017 7:42:03 AM

it is a contrat that i the lord shall be your god and the god of your posterity. your part in the contrat is to obey its terms you and your offspring; marked as participant in my everlasting covenant. anyone who refuse these terms shall be cut off.
keepyy
Posted: Wednesday, June 07, 2017 7:48:20 AM

when Abraham was 99 the lord said to him, i will be your god but you must also promise to obey me, you and your descendants. you will name your son Isaac, i will keep my covenat with him who will be born to Sarah
keepyy
Posted: Wednesday, June 07, 2017 8:00:29 AM

nine months before Isaac was born, at the sacred trees of Mamre. as he sat at the door of his tent in the heat of the day. behold three men were standing in front of him. he ran to meet them bowed to the ground and said, o lord, if i have found favor in your sight, do not pass by your servant; you can rest under the trees, let me bring you some water. the men accepted and Abraham ran into the tent to Sarah. Sarah laughed and said, now that i am old, can i still enjoy sex. then the lord asked Abraham, is anything to hard for the lord? why did sarah laughed saying, shall i of a surety bear a son.
keepyy
Posted: Monday, June 12, 2017 6:55:27 AM

when god destroyed the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah where Lot was living, he kept abraham in mind and allowed lot to escape to safety. the lord blessed Sarah as he promised and she became pregnant and bore a son and Abraham named him Isaac. the descendants of Abraham will certainly become a great and powerful nation and all nations on earth will be blessed through Jesus.
keepyy
Posted: Monday, June 12, 2017 7:10:03 AM

some time later, the lord decided to test Abaham's obedience, he said, take Isaac, go to the land of Moriah and sacrifice him to me. when they came to the place, Abraham built an Altar there, he laid the wood on it and tied up isaac on it, took hold of the knife to slay him, in order to offer his son as a whole burnt offering to the lord? but the angel of the lord called to him, don't hurt the lad for now the lord knows that you obey him because you have not kept back your son whom you love so much.
pedro
Posted: Wednesday, June 14, 2017 6:24:54 AM

Parenting skills have progressed significantly since then.

Lotje1000
Posted: Wednesday, June 14, 2017 6:33:54 AM

Neurons: 344,363
keepyy wrote:
the lord knows that you obey him because you have not kept back your son whom you love so much.

Isn't the lord supposed to be omniscient? Why does he need to test this?
keepyy
Posted: Sunday, June 18, 2017 6:50:02 AM

go back to my village and get a wife for my son from among my relatives, don't worry god will send his angel before you. then the servant in charge of Abraham's property went to the village of Nahor in northen mesopotamia. here iam where the women of the area will be coming to get water, the servant prayed, lord god, give me success in what iam doing, to one of the women i will ask for a drink, let her answer, drink and i will also water your camels. if that happens, i will know she is the right one for Isaac. while the servant was still praying, behold, Rebecca came out who was born to Bethuel, son of Milcah, the wife of Nahor, Abraham's brother. she quickly lowered her jug for the servant of Abraham to drink. a very pretty virgin. bless the lord who has led me straight by the right way. Isaac loved rebecca, she became her wife and he was comforted for the loss of his mother. Abraham died at 175 and was buried in Machpelah cave, East of Mamre, both him and his wife Sarah.
keepyy
Posted: Sunday, June 18, 2017 7:04:29 AM

Lotje1000 wrote:
keepyy wrote:
the lord knows that you obey him because you have not kept back your son whom you love so much.

Isn't the lord supposed to be omniscient? Why does he need to test this?

god does not use his knowledge of everything all the time. like a father he would test all of us.
pedro
Posted: Monday, June 19, 2017 4:13:31 AM

[quote=keepyy
god does not use his knowledge of everything all the time. like a father he would test all of us.[/quote]

And then punish us