How Christianity Adopted Pagan Practices and Holidays Options
Yarin
Posted: Friday, February 24, 2017 6:45:21 PM

Neurons: 2,432
Dreamy
Posted: Saturday, February 25, 2017 12:37:10 AM

Neurons: 7,723

False Church Deception Exposed
Hi Yarin, FYI, If you want to enter tidy titles that appear instead of the coding of a link remove ] and insert = before https:blah blah blah, then close with ] so that you have a space before the backslash [/url], and then TYPE THE TITLE YOU WANT TO GIVE THE LINK in the space between the closed code] and the backslash [/url]; then Voila! When you post you will have a tidy title to your link.

BTW, AYMK, Heaps of books and videos provide the contrast between the false church with its pagan practices, and the authentic ekklesia with its wonderful freedom from them.

Actually they expand on warnings given by Jesus and his disciples:

Quote:
I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd gives his life for the sheep. But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, sees the wolf coming, and leaves the sheep, and flees: and the wolf catches them, and scatters the sheep. The hireling flees, because he is an hireling, and cares not for the sheep.
(John 10:11-13)

Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost has made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he has purchased with his own blood. For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock. Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them. Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears.
(Acts 20:28-31)

But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of. And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingers not, and their damnation slumbers not.
(2 Peter 2:1-3)

The false church is part of Babylon the Great, the Mother of Harlots and Abominations of the Earth; and God's people are commanded to come out of her:

And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that you be not partakers of her sins, and that you receive not of her plagues.
(Revelation 18:4)

Job 33:15 "In a dream, in a vision of the night, When deep sleep falls upon men, In slumberings upon the bed;" Theology 101 "If He doesn't know everything then He isn't God."
almo 1
Posted: Saturday, February 25, 2017 3:18:17 AM

Neurons: 3,972
Dreamy wrote:

False Church Deception Exposed
Hi Yarin, FYI, If you want to enter tidy titles that appear instead of the coding of a link remove ] and insert = before https:blah blah blah, then close with ] so that you have a space before the backslash [/url], and then TYPE THE TITLE YOU WANT TO GIVE THE LINK in the space between the closed code] and the backslash [/url]; then Voila! When you post you will have a tidy title to your link.

test

url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsJmeEqEgt4]blah blah blah[/url

Enclose it with [ ]

blah blah blah

Drag0nspeaker
Posted: Wednesday, April 19, 2017 12:01:53 AM

Neurons: 146,892

It looks like this - without the word "code"

Code:
[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsJmeEqEgt4]blah blah blah[/url]

Wyrd bið ful aræd - bull!
Drag0nspeaker
Posted: Wednesday, April 19, 2017 1:29:14 AM

Neurons: 146,892
There are many of the "icons" of modern Christianity which are borrowings from earlier (and generally other) religions.
Many of them are not really central to the beliefs which are taught as the teachings of Jesus.

The idea of Christmas being the twenty-fifth of December has no basis in scripture - it is first mentioned three hundred years later when a writer mentions that the December celebration of the birth of the Roman Sun-god is now also being used as the celebration of the birth of the Christian god.
The image of the baby in a thatched barn which is half-buried in snow didn't appear till the middle ages in northern Europe.
There is no mention of three wise men in any of the four common gospels, and also not in any of the 'apocryphal' gospels I know of. Some of them mention a visit by "some magi" while he was a child, not just as he was born, and not three.
The mistletoe of the Holy Land in those days was a completely different plant from European mistletoe (it is known here as the 'strawberry tree'). European mistletoe has been connected with midwinter and religion since a long time before Christianity arrived this far north.

However, these are just symbols and details. they are not central to the philosophies, teachings and beliefs of Christianity.
As Dreamy says, there's a difference between a religion and a church - or between religious philosophy and religious practice.

It's good to have symbols, so long as the symbol is not worshiped!
If you want to celebrate the birth of god, why not choose winter when the weather is miserable and people need to be cheered up?

Wyrd bið ful aræd - bull!
Priscilla86
Posted: Wednesday, April 19, 2017 6:57:14 AM

Neurons: 4,009
Drag0nspeaker wrote:

If you want to celebrate the birth of god, why not choose winter when the weather is miserable and people need to be cheered up?

Think of how boring life would be without some of these man-made 'holy' days. December would just be cold and miserable and no one would ever look forward to it. I'm not ashamed to say that I enjoy the superficiality of some holidays. Like most things, just don't overdo it.

The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.